View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 2nd, 2014, 2:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Who do you want for QB#3? 
RIP Killer

Yeah, those guys were good, but did they run first, pass second? No. Okay, well Vick still does, but I think he's the most overrated player in the game and definately not worth $130M. In the beginning some did, but they were coached to stay in the pocket and pass first.

April 1st, 2005, 9:33 am
League MVP

I bet Vick will throw more too if they ever add guys like Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Sterling Sharpe, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, Derrick Mason, etc...

April 1st, 2005, 9:48 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The problem is he doesn't wait to throw. Part of that falls on his coaches for getting giddy like a schoolgirl over his mobility and not making him throw more.

April 1st, 2005, 9:50 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Vick should be able to throw for 3000 yards with Peerless Price, Dez White, and Alge Crumpler. It's pretty bad when your TE is your leading receiver with only 49 catches. Vick only had 181 completions last season. He needs to stay in the pocket and throw more. Plus, getting sacked 46 times doesn't scream agility in my mind, even though I know he is the most athletic QB in the league.

What about Josh McCown, he has Anquan Bolding and Larry Fitzgerald and he still sucks.

April 1st, 2005, 10:13 am
League MVP

Who said anything about McCown? Yeah, his WRs were rookies and they had no running game, they were still 6-7 when he started last year and 0-3 without him...Had a higher % then Joey, take away 2 picks he threw in desperation time as a backup and his rating is better then Joey's too, was only his first season starting as opposed to his 3rd. Who cares though we are talking about Vick.
As for Crumpler's 49 receptions and not getting 3000 yards, how is that bad? Passing too much is the sign of a bad team, not something to be especially proud of. When you win games, you ice them with your running game. The Falcons had the best running game in the NFL and they made the NFC championship game. Vick doesnt "need" to do much, he will grow into the WCO. Its only been 1 season w/ a new coach and offense and his team is already a Super Bowl contender.

April 1st, 2005, 10:46 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

But my point is that Vick isn't a well-rounded qb, like McNabb is. Let Dunn and Ducket do most of the running. Vick needs to be a passer first and rb second. I'm not saying they should call plays for him to run and take advantage of his moblity. He is very gifted. But if he ever is going to become a true NFL quaterback, he needs to throw more. Just my opinion. Also, the only reason the Falcons are considered super bowl contenders is because the NFC is so weak. You have to admit that the Falcons and Vick wouldn't stand a chance against the Patroits.

April 1st, 2005, 10:59 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

But my point is that Vick isn't a well-rounded qb, like McNabb is. Let Dunn and Ducket do most of the running. Vick needs to be a passer first and rb second. I'm not saying they should call plays for him to run and take advantage of his moblity. He is very gifted. But if he ever is going to become a true NFL quaterback, he needs to throw more. Just my opinion. Also, the only reason the Falcons are considered super bowl contenders is because the NFC is so weak. You have to admit that the Falcons and Vick wouldn't stand a chance against the Patroits.

I agree, and that's all I was implying.

As far as the Cards...IF you were to take away those two picks McCown had.... You could say the same thing for Joey. IF you take away the pick he threw against the Bears instead of giving up the sack, IF Alexander would have caught the pass, wide open, in the end zone...Can't play the IF game.

April 1st, 2005, 11:22 am
League MVP

True that he is not fully rounded yet. He will never be the pure pocket passer that you want him to be. But, He is dominant right now. Even if he never improves as a passer he will still be an elite QB. He is not overrated at all, in fact down the stretch last year loads of people bashed him and even suggested switching positions. If anything he is underappreciated right now. He transforms his team from a bottom 1/3 team to a Super Bowl contender. Thats the bottom line, I dont care what stats you pull up, that is proof. You cant overlook that. In 2003 the media was calling for McNabb's head saying he wasnt a good QB either after 3 games, its ridiculous.

April 1st, 2005, 12:32 pm
Site Admin

Well...I believe Atlantas defence has something do with that too.

No to mention he had 17 total tds on the year versus Joeys 19. He had 16 fumbles and 12 ints (same as joey but threw almost 100 less times).

His rushing is a phenom but outside of that he would not really be considered a solid starter if you look at his numbers.

April 1st, 2005, 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Yes they have a good defense but that got them to 5-11 without Vick. Vick IS a true NFL QB, regardless of his style. Ideally he would have better command of the WCO, if that happens he will be one of the best QBs ever. You guys make it sound like he is fighting for a job...

April 1st, 2005, 7:10 pm
Varsity Captain

:arrow: Personally, I like the idea of picking up David Green or Stefan LeFors late in the draft. Then again, I still think Joey will be fine. :arrow:

April 2nd, 2005, 10:35 am
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

And still............no one has any love for Gino Guidugli from Cincinnati.

6'3" 225 lbs with a very strong arm. Was the Conference USA freshman player of the year (unanimously) his first year playing. Has an extremely strong arm that is suited for professional ranks. Is very mobile (4.75 forty) and shows some toughness to take the big hits. Has to make better decisions and learn to read defenses better. Has all the physical tools that the NFL teams are looking for and his flaws can be corrected with good QB coaching and patience.

April 2nd, 2005, 11:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3