View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Corners 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Corners
I just read Pablo's article and it reminded me of how bad off we were at corner a few years ago. Remeber those old geezers we used to have? Luckily, our corner position is now stable if they stay healthy. That was not the case a few years ago. If Bly and Bryant stay healty, and Kennedy and Holt do their thing, we will have one of the better secondary's in the Confrence.

March 14th, 2005, 9:21 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

We could still use a CB or FS in the draft IMO. You can never have too many quality CBs. Bly and Bryant only have a couple more quality years left (Bryant IF he stays healthy). I wouldn't mind picking up a stud CB or FS in the draft.

March 14th, 2005, 10:10 am
RIP Killer

Unfortunately the Lions have been snakebitten when it comes to the cornerback position and the draft. Bryant Westbrook was just coming into his own, he blows out an achilles. Terry Fair constantly had injuries, but was widely regarded as an enormous reach. Chris Cash gets a serious knee injury, but was a HUGE value pick. If Cash could get back some cut ability he and Keith Smith will be excellent as the dime and nickle backs respectively. The Lions don't really have a need for another corner, but may elect to go that route if one of value falls to them, which is likely in this draft due to its depth. As for the free safety position, I think the Lions are OK with Holt and Marion. Personally I'd rather see them pick up a solid young strong safety to play behind Kennedy and get rid of Walker. If Kennedy goes down to injury, the Lions will be screwed again.

March 14th, 2005, 5:20 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Yes. We still could use a nice SS prospect. FS is fine for right now. Wouldnt mind seeing a corner get drafted bc right now we are only 3 deep there with Bly, Bryant, and Smith. Cash and Goodman even besides injuries have some problems. B-A-B-E-R-S (know the players name Paul Donaghy) has been hurt. Probably wont happen unless we are able to trade down like last year and get extra picks.
If Marlin Jackson slips to rd 2 he is a huge steal. I dont care what his 40 time is the guy shut down half the field his entire career. Was as good as Chuck Woodson in coverage but didnt return punts and less big play INTs because nobody would dare throw at him. This allowed Shazor to be used in blitz packages all season. Whoever gets Jackson is getting a Football Player.

March 14th, 2005, 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]