View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Lions finally get their..... 
Bubbles the Lion

Post Lions finally get their.....
I just saw on ESPNNEWS that the lions have agreed to a 2 year deal with G Rick DeMullins (last name might not be spelled right) This is great news for the lions they needed another guard badly and they finally got him. WAY TO GO LIONS :idea: :idea: :idea: :arrow:

March 16th, 2005, 7:33 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Thanks for the breaking news. :D :D Does anyone have specs. :?:

March 16th, 2005, 7:38 pm
Profile WWW

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/breaking_news/11152974.htm

No cash yet. At least I got a news source other than Killer's :D

philly.com wrote:
ALLEN PARK, Mich. - The Detroit Lions took care of one of their pressing needs Wednesday when offensive guard Rick DeMulling agreed to contract terms.

The team did not release details of the deal.

DeMulling, who started 41 games for the Indianapolis Colts during the previous three seasons, will be plugged in as a starter along with guard Damien Woody, tackle Jeff Backus and center Dominic Raiola.

Detroit still has to add a tackle - in the draft or free agency - to replace Stockar McDougle, who signed with the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday.

Indianapolis drafted the 6-foot-4, 304-pound DeMulling in the seventh round of the 2001 draft. The former Idaho standout played in seven games as a rookie, started 14 the next year, 16 in 2003 and 11 last year.

The Baltimore Ravens pursued DeMulling, but decided he was too expensive. DeMulling also visited the Buffalo Bills after the Colts released him this month to help clear salary-cap space.

The Lions have been active this offseason.

They signed safety Kenoy Kennedy and tight end Marcus Pollard on the same day earlier this month, then signed quarterback Jeff Garcia to back up Joey Harrington. They would also like to add a No. 3 receiver.

March 16th, 2005, 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Havent seen the amount of the deal yet but it is for 2 years. Very good signing if you ask me. Still could use some depth at WR and O line in the draft but all in all looking to be a very good off season.

March 16th, 2005, 8:24 pm
QB Coach

I heard on Monday that he was going to sign today... but I wanted to see if my source came through... nice!

Do we move Joyce to RT? He played there with the Cardinals, I remember... I think Butler could be capable though.

The holes on this team are quickly diminishing...

March 16th, 2005, 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

Where do you guys get these sources? Are any of you reporters for something besides Lionbacker? Here I am moving heaven and Earth looking on a million different websites and KFFL and you know about 2 days in advance? :evil: Oh well, Im happy for the Lions. I hope this clears up this silly talk of drafting an oliner in the first 10 picks.

March 16th, 2005, 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Are any of you reporters for something besides Lionbacker?

I write articles for Pro Football Draft as well. http://www.profootballdraft.com The guy there, Jason, gets tons of rumors and passes them on to me, draft-related.

Otherwise, I meet people, we talk Lions, and we share information.

March 16th, 2005, 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Are any of you reporters for something besides Lionbacker?

Most of the writers for Lionbacker have also written for other sites (how do you think we find such great talent)! :lol:

Brian and I also write for About.com (Brian writes about his second favorite team, the Cardinals, while I write about the Lions). We actually meet on the message board there before launching Lionbacker. We also meet Mike on the about forum as well.

This is a big sigining for the line. FA is looking good so far. BTW - the article is up on the front page or you can link directly to it from here:

http://www.lionbacker.com/?id=articles& ... -demulling

GO LIONS!

March 17th, 2005, 12:05 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

This pretty much allows the Lions to choose the best player available in every round without having to worry about plugging holes. I still think the Lions need to worry about getting depth at defensive and offensive tackle, as well as getting a possession style receiver and another tight end. And of course we can't forget our developmental quarterback in the later rounds. This will allow the Lions to trade down and be able to either make a good deal or tell the other team to pound sand. Much less pressure on draft day to land the right guy to fill a need.

March 17th, 2005, 12:08 am

March 17th, 2005, 11:59 am
RIP Killer

FYI - Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports the two-year deal OG
Rick DeMulling agreed to with the Detroit Lions is worth $4.45 million.

March 17th, 2005, 12:06 pm
Profile WWW

The lions are looking good. If we can have a draft like we have had the past two drafts The lions will be contenders. :arrow:

March 18th, 2005, 10:02 am

The lions will be contenders. Arrow

11-5 Baby you heard it here :idea: :idea:

March 19th, 2005, 8:58 am
NFL Team Captain

I read somewhere that DeMulling can play tackle and center as well. That gives us even more wiggle room in the draft. I smell a winning season, the first in a long time!

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

March 19th, 2005, 9:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]