View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Lack of recognition of Lions 
Red Shirt Freshman

Post Lack of recognition of Lions
Has anybody else noticed that just about all of the major web-sites (SI.com, Foxsports, CBSSportsline, NFL.com, Yahoo Sports and ESPN haven't even mentioned anything about the DeMulling signing.

In defense of a couple, ESPN, I had to dig for it and then if you want to read the article, you'd have to pay for it. Yahoo Sports you can edit your favorite teams and they showed it there.

Of course there is plenty of coverage here!!!! :D :D :D :D

But on the rest of the sites there hasn't been any mention of it.

March 18th, 2005, 10:32 am
NFL Team Captain

PT.... the sports media has barely mentioned the Pistons, the world champs in their sport. Detroit just isn't glamorus to anyone that dosen't live there or in the state of Michigan (sorry Pablo)

March 19th, 2005, 1:44 am
League MVP

guard signings in general dont get much attention unless they get big contracts like Woody or Rivera's.

March 19th, 2005, 2:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The lion's own website doens't even cover the lions :oops: They don't know we signed demulling.

March 19th, 2005, 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

I agree the media doesn't cover us Michiganders sports enough, but I have a little known fact for everyone, in 1935 the Red Wings, Lions, and Tigers all won their championchips in the same year that has never been accomplished by another city ever! Yeah that was along time ago, but Michigan sports teams are the only ones to do that. Not to shabby if you ask me. It was in last months ESPN the Mag.

March 19th, 2005, 9:33 pm
NFL Team Captain

March 20th, 2005, 5:38 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_361430_93&prov=citadel&type=lgns

Did you guys start off on this rant from this article?

March 20th, 2005, 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_361430_93&prov=citadel&type=lgns

Did you guys start off on this rant from this article?

No I didn't. I started it just from surfing all the other sites and not seeing anything on the DeMulling signing.

March 21st, 2005, 9:55 am
RIP Killer

While I certainly am frustrated with the national coverage, the local coverage leaves much to be desired. Even the "official" site is lousy. In fact, they just posted the DeMulling story today (3/21)! :oops:

March 21st, 2005, 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The Lions homepage is absolutely horrible. They used to update it regularly, with a Free Agent tracker, a in/out roster tracker and so on. Now all they do is add more "homer" articles about how there's a Monday night preseason game. Whoop dee doo...it's a PREseason game. I mean, come on. Whoever the webmasters are for the webpage are should be fired. This is the reason why I come to Lionbacker. You guys up date the site as news breaks, unlike the official website which finally posts DeMullings signing 5 days after the initial agreement.

March 21st, 2005, 7:57 pm

Not only are they tardy on the news, they can't write worh crap. They also seem not to know too much about the Lions anyway.

Quote:
After reviewing the physical attributes of the Detroit Lions' primary running backs -- Kevin Jones, Cory Schlesinger, Shawn Bryson and Artose Pinner -- each member of the quartet seemingly conforms to a standard profile:

Quick feet, soft hands, excellent bursts of speed, deft blocking skills and the innate ability to execute out-of-the-backfield pass patterns.

Everybody knows that when Cory Schlesinger gets the ball, he can turn on that speed and leave defenders in the dust. :?

March 21st, 2005, 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

The Lions homepage is absolutely horrible.

I couldn't agree more. It stinks. Never updated until its old news, no indepth reporting. Just uninteresting info. on publicity dinners. zzzzzzz

Check out these topics that they have posted on their front page.

-Mariucci Chairs Boys & Girls Clubs' "Steak and Burger" Benefit At Ford Field
-Coach Steve Mariucci?s Celebrity Bocce Ball Tournament Set for June 8
-Detroit Lions, Ford Field Attractive To Network TV For 2005 Preseason
-Lions Exec Mayhew Named To Black Enterprise's "50 Most Powerful" List
-Lions VP/COO Lewand Again Named To National Publication's Exclusive "Forty Under 40" List
-Detroit Lions Charities Awards Nearly $500,000 In Grants For 2004
-Seven Lions QBs To Co-Chair 15th Annual Detroit Lions Invitational
-Detroit Lions Quarterback Club Donates $15,000 to Detroit Lions Charities
-Gibbs Views Lions CEO Millen As Ideal Executive

I'm not saying these things aren't important. But lets talk football. Put this stuff on page 2.

March 22nd, 2005, 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]