View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Alexander is a Bronco 
NFL Team Captain

Post Alexander is a Bronco
Len Pasquarelli of ESPN .com reports that after a "bounce back year in 2004" Stephen Alexander has signed a 3 yr, $4.2 mil contract with $1 mil in bonuses, with the Denver Broncos. Bye bye SA, don't let the door hit you in the rectum.

If last year was a bounce back year he should have gone home.

March 23rd, 2005, 6:41 pm
RIP Killer

Here's a preview of an upcoming Broncos game...

"Plummer drops back, looks to Lee who is double covered. Jake spots Alexander open in the end zone. Looks like a.... Oh no, Stephen drops a perfect pass in the back of the end zone."

:lol:

March 23rd, 2005, 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Bounce back my rectum. His stats next year will say catches - 28, target 57. Actually, that's probably quite high. After the first few drops, Plummer will only use him to block.

March 23rd, 2005, 7:17 pm
League MVP

Well, i still bet he gets more receptions than Pollard. You guys are pissed bc he dropped two passes in the end zone last year. One of the passes was behind him and despite a good effort didnt come up with it. Lions still scored on the drive. The other, a flat out drop. Otherwise he played fine.

March 23rd, 2005, 8:51 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

March 23rd, 2005, 10:21 pm
NFL Team Captain

Alexander dropped more than 2 passes last year the Red Zone is not the only place that counts. You can't score if you can't get to the red zone. SA blew more passes than anyone on the team, he even got hit in the facemask on one play, but I suppose that was Joey's fault cause he didn't hit him in the hands.

Media called his time with the Lions as a bounce back year. Bounce from what? Yes he did a great job blocking in the 2 tight end set, but that don't pay the bills(or the Broncos). The man could not catch the ball and that is what he was signed for. Bye Stevie good luck with the rest of your career

March 23rd, 2005, 10:26 pm
RIP Killer

I thought this fanball newsbreakers said it best...

Broncos: Alexander inexplicably signs with Denver
The News
Oft-injured tight end Stephen Alexander has conned his third consecutive team into opening up the wallet, landing a three-year, $4.2 million contract with the Broncos.
Our View
This is surprising on several levels. First, the Broncos already have Jeb Putzier, whom they inked to a five-year, $12.5 million deal after Putzier had signed a similar offer sheet with the Jets. Second, Alexander gets hurt more frequently than a pre-teen girl's feelings. Then again, Denver's signature play is the Jake Plummer rollout and dump-off to the tight end. Perhaps the Broncos are reconsidering the Jets' trade offer for Putzier.

March 24th, 2005, 8:23 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He never seemed to get any YAC. He caught it and then we would be tackled right away.

March 24th, 2005, 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Why do the words "good riddance" come to mind?

March 24th, 2005, 9:08 am
League MVP

It was a bounceback year bc he did not play the year before. Pollard only caught 29 balls last year! His career high is 47. "Injury prone" Alexander is younger and played in more games last year than Pollard who missed 3 completely. Must be nice to play on the Colts with Manning, Harrison, Wayne and James bc a bunch of Detroit fans and some Internet fantasy football "expert" suddenly think you are a savior. Can you guys possibly think that a TEs surroundings dont effect him? After all you guys have stated that a QBs surroundings do. I guarantee he will have a tough time getting open and YAC will be tough to come by without the spread "o." If there is an upgrade it is only in the red zone where Pollard's superior hands and leaping ability will make a difference but with a dropoff in blocking and ability to play all 3 downs. Keep it real fellas....

March 25th, 2005, 7:34 pm
Div 1 - Starter

All solid points, Legend. For what it is worth, I agree with you. I am not so sure that Pollard is necessarily an upgrade on Alexander outside of the redzone.

Then again, if he makes the catches in the redzone, where the TE is most lethal, then that's upgrade enough for me. Personally, I'd like to see the Lions draft another TE in the middle rounds. Heath Miller will probably go late first (20-30 overall), but Alex Smith could be around for our 2nd or even the third rounder.

Pollard is by no means a permanent solution, but TEs are luxuries in the NFL. Teams certainly do not need them to excel. Ex: Steelers, Jets, Seahawks, Bucs (when they won the SB)...to name a few....

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

March 26th, 2005, 2:09 am
RIP Killer

Pollard is by no means a permanent solution, but TEs are luxuries in the NFL. Teams certainly do not need them to excel. Ex: Steelers, Jets, Seahawks, Bucs (when they won the SB)...to name a few....

Good point. Alex Smith, BTW, won't be around in 3. He'll go at the latest, around pick 55 (mid to late 2nd).

March 26th, 2005, 11:38 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I like our corp of TE's. Casey is a decent backup, and has all that starting experience from a while ago. I would be angry if we drafted a TE. zicon_rambo.gif

March 26th, 2005, 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Alexander wont get more catches then Pollard because Alexander will be splitting time with Jeff Putzier...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 27th, 2005, 11:59 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

There's talk about trading or getting a draft pick for Jeb.

The Broncos decided to match the Jets' offer sheet for Putzier on Thursday. Speculation is that Denver wants a second-round draft choice. Is Jeb Amish?

March 27th, 2005, 1:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next