View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 4:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Marcus Bell resigns with Lions 
Peewee Leaguer

Post Marcus Bell resigns with Lions
Read today that we signed Marcus Bell to a 3 year deal. I think that bodes well for our DT depth and giving Wilkensen more plays off. Smart move.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

March 24th, 2005, 10:38 am
RIP Killer

Absolutely, this was a critical signing. Bell played very well last year and the Lions rotation up front was effective. They will likely go with 4 DTs next season and this gives them 3. I don't expect Pritchett to be back with the team.

Redding played some DT his rookie year and could be moved over in some situations, especially if the Lions add another DE in the draft.

March 24th, 2005, 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Has this been confirmed? The last I heard was that he was NOT signed

from detroitlions.com
Quote:
NOTEBOOK

**Several news outlets are reporting that the Lions have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent DT Marcus Bell. Bell, a solid contributor in the team?s defensive line rotation, recorded 27 tackles, two sacks and played in all 16 games last year during his first season in Detroit after spending his first three seasons with the Arizona Cardinals.

No contract with Bell has been signed or submitted to the league. However, team officials are hopeful to have a deal completed soon.

March 24th, 2005, 12:48 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Time to cut Wilkinson, move Redding back to DT and draft our stud DE.

:)

Last edited by thedanzone on March 24th, 2005, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 24th, 2005, 12:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
NFL Team Captain

I agree, this is a very good move. We need to continue to sign our backups that are potential FA's next year, to long term deals. Even though they are mostly backups, they are the the base of a very good, young core. We have already seen how far qualithy depth at every position can take a team. Sign these players so we can continue to build on the base we already have. We don't need to spend next years free agency and draft to plug holes that we can prevent right now.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

March 24th, 2005, 12:52 pm
RIP Killer

Bell's contract is a three-year deal worth $3.6 million that includes a $1 million signing bonus.

March 25th, 2005, 10:34 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I am glad we re-signed Bell he seemed to play better and better last year.I do not think however that we need to cut Wilkinson. Yes his play is on the decline, but he can still be effective, if used correctly. His contract is not overly costly either so I dont see the need to cut big daddy.

March 25th, 2005, 12:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I am glad we re-signed Bell he seemed to play better and better last year.I do not think however that we need to cut Wilkinson. Yes his play is on the decline, but he can still be effective, if used correctly. His contract is not overly costly either so I dont see the need to cut big daddy.

I agree. Our line is a good rotation. Everyone had at least one sack last year. If Big Daddy can't play the whole game, he doesn't need to. Bell is very good, and we could always shift Redding around.

March 25th, 2005, 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

If we drafted a DE in the first round, would Redding move inside on a rotational basis with Bell and have DeVries and Edwards backing up Hall and the newbie?

March 26th, 2005, 11:35 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would like to have redding be a utility, play tackle or end. I also would like to move Edwards while people think he is worth a trade. But we could only do that if we draft a DE in the 1st two rounds or pick someone good off of waivers.

March 26th, 2005, 11:37 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Is there a limit on how many pages you have have on a thread? The "Joey to be cut June 1" says "no posts exist." Just wondering.

Anyway, what/who would they trade Edwards for? I can't imagine getting too much for him, granted he's young and usually healthy.

March 26th, 2005, 11:41 am
Site Admin

Is there a limit on how many pages you have have on a thread? The "Joey to be cut June 1" says "no posts exist." Just wondering.

lol no...I think it was a result of the site wierding out because of our space issue. I don't think we will have more problems but I am not sure yet how to fix that thread fucyc.gif

March 26th, 2005, 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]