View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lions in Black 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Lions in Black
Millen announced from the GM meeting in Hawaii that the Lions will wear black jerseys for 2 home games next year. I will wait to see the jersey before I make up my mind on this. I am usually for traditional uniforms. I enjoy my Honolulu Blue and Silver, but I do think the Lions emblem needs an update. Well what you guys think of the black?

March 24th, 2005, 8:21 am
RIP Killer

I can't remember where I saw it, but I remember seeing a "prototype" of what the jersey would look like. It was a really good version that someone photoshopped up. I was impressed by their work, but not so much by the jersey. Millen says the black jerseys make him feel "a bit at home." Who cares Millen? Nobody cares about your days with the Raiders! We're the Lions and changing jerseys won't change that. I just don't see the point in wearing black, the jerseys just don't say "Lions." Then agian, maybe if we're wearing black jerseys, we won't find unique ways to lose games like the Lions of recent.

March 24th, 2005, 8:27 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I read the the jersey will be black with the numbers in blue with either a silver or white outline. Hmmmm my mental image of that is not very good. I think if they are gonna go black, black with white lettering and blue outlines would look better. but then again my wife always says I cant match a premade outfit anyway :shock:

March 24th, 2005, 8:40 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I hope its not to expansion teamish, or like an arena football type thing. Here's an exabple of a really bad black jersey.

March 24th, 2005, 8:47 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

That's probably pretty close to what the new ones will look like...unfortunately...

March 24th, 2005, 9:19 am
Site Admin

IMO you can't go wrong with black. Plus they will probably make some big jack of it.

I usually like their throwback jerseys a lot as well.

March 24th, 2005, 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

Ahhh....Curt Anes and the glory days of GVSU football....

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

March 24th, 2005, 12:15 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

I made my Madden team use these jerseys. I'm sure it will be somewhat different, but it didn't look that bad. :arrow:

March 24th, 2005, 12:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
NFL Team Captain

March 24th, 2005, 1:14 pm
Cheerleader

Lions officials announced Wednesday that the team will wear black jerseys for two home games this season. "I just think it looks great," team president Matt Millen told the Detroit Free Press. "You're allowed to have that jersey. We've got the blue-and-silver and white, and we added just that little piping of black. I think it looks great."

Views
Millen is suddenly a fashion expert? This is the same guy who wears tennis shoes with suits and prefers to wear bib overalls when he's not in the office.

March 24th, 2005, 3:59 pm

I seem to be the only one who likes our logo. I hope they don't change it to something thats looks like the jags or pathers. I like the old school look.

March 24th, 2005, 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I like to old school logo. I don't think I'd like the black jerseys though, but that's just personal preference and style.

March 24th, 2005, 4:05 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

I agree the log is fine. It would be cool to see a plain helmet though every once in a while.

March 24th, 2005, 4:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW

During Thanksgiving week, the logo for the link on NFL.com is a really old school logo, and looks great. I wouldn't mind seeing that one on helmets once and a while.

March 24th, 2005, 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Are you talking about the really really old logo, like the late 50's logo with the vertical stripes or just the old school lion?

Last edited by conversion02 on March 24th, 2005, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 24th, 2005, 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next