View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Alex Barron 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Alex Barron
Does anyone think he could be the man @ 10?I would like him here to an certain extent and that is if Antrel and Shawne are of the board...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 28th, 2005, 11:39 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Well, he is not a rat. No I really doubt it, especially at #10.

March 28th, 2005, 11:44 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

What I'm hearing is that Barron is a liability with run blocking, which means he would most likely fit better at LT. The Lions have Backus at LT and he is no all pro run blocker either. So the Lions would have to decide who is the better run blocker and put them on the right side.

Another thing is that Backus, Raiola and DeMulling are all good in pass protection but not so great in run protection.

I'd say the Lions will go defense for sure.

March 28th, 2005, 12:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All State

pablo has an article about him up on the front page. basically says he is a logical choice because he fits a need but there are a lot of question marks around this guy. he said that is the same situation with a lot of the guys who will be available when the lions select at 10.

looks like there is not going to be a clear consensus pick for the lions this year. argue.gif

March 28th, 2005, 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Nope looks like #10 is going to be a crap shoot. Right people are like no way the Lions should take Barron but come draft day if they call Eramus James or Dan Cody I wonder if those fans would be singing a different tune?

Barron is already physically and althletically superior to Jeff Backus with the upside to be a much better LT than Backus could ever dream to be.

The question is can Backus play RT? He should be the position is less demanding and he would be better alternative than Rogers and Butler. If he run blocking doesn't improve over the season than you let him go and find somebody better next year. But you've upgraded the LT which is what the Lions need to start looking at is upgrading positions not just filling them anymore.

March 28th, 2005, 12:47 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Nope looks like #10 is going to be a crap shoot. Right people are like no way the Lions should take Barron but come draft day if they call Eramus James or Dan Cody I wonder if those fans would be singing a different tune?

Barron is already physically and althletically superior to Jeff Backus with the upside to be a much better LT than Backus could ever dream to be.

The question is can Backus play RT? He should be the position is less demanding and he would be better alternative than Rogers and Butler. If he run blocking doesn't improve over the season than you let him go and find somebody better next year. But you've upgraded the LT which is what the Lions need to start looking at is upgrading positions not just filling them anymore.

You make some good points.

Here is my hitlist...

1. Derrick Johnson
2. Antrell Rolle
3. Trade Down for best DE or tackle

March 28th, 2005, 1:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Head Cheerleader

Here is my hitlist...

1. Derrick Johnson
2. Antrell Rolle

I agree with this. But I'd say Rolle or "Pac-man". And only trade down for best DE. If the reports are right saying the coaches are gonna let Rogers and Butler battle it out for RT starter, then I say our coaches see potential in both, and they know our players better than anyone (no matter how much you think you may know). Great/good linemen have come from late rounds before.....Of course, we will find out Draft Day if they were serious.

March 28th, 2005, 2:21 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Quote:
Here is my hitlist...

1. Derrick Johnson
2. Antrell Rolle

I agree with this. But I'd say Rolle or "Pac-man". And only trade down for best DE. If the reports are right saying the coaches are gonna let Rogers and Butler battle it out for RT starter, then I say our coaches see potential in both, and they know our players better than anyone (no matter how much you think you may know). Great/good linemen have come from late rounds before.....Of course, we will find out Draft Day if they were serious.

I think they're going to let Butler and Rogers battle it out because that is all we have as of right now. Who knows what the draft will bear or what the June 1st cuts will bear?

Also, when I say I like Rolle, it is because we could move him to FS. I'm not sure Pac-Man could mnake that transition and we already have some serious coinage spent at CB.

March 28th, 2005, 3:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

www.detroitlions.com wrote:
*2002 -- Levi Jones, OT Arizona State (Cincinnati Bengals)

This was Cinici's #10 Pick in 02. Please Matt, don't take a tackle so early!!

I just don't have a good feeling about it. No offense to anyone who wants Barron of course :D

March 28th, 2005, 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Levi Jones you say, didn't he make jeans? No that was Levi Strauss, and he doesn't work in this country anymore either. Speaking of jobs. What's the first thing you do with your first unemployment check? Buy beer of course. Why? Cause beer makes you forget what ails you. Then you take care of your house cause that's where your better Harrington lives.

We can have fun with the first pick, go BAD player and then move on to keeping Joey safe by going oline strong in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Then sit back and have some more beers.

:idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow:

March 29th, 2005, 5:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]