View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Titans interested in Barron at #6 
RIP Killer

Post Titans interested in Barron at #6
Titans | May be Forced to Select OT Early in Draft - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:36:37 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans have a sense of urgency when it comes to improving their offensive tackle position this year and they are likely going to be forced to pursue the position early in the NFL Draft. Team GM Floyd Reese said the team may have to use their sixth-overall selection on the position.

If this were the case, someone like Rolle or Pac-Man is likely to fall to us. Mabye even a WR, who knows.

March 28th, 2005, 2:29 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Perhaps, but I would be surprised if he went in the top 10.

March 28th, 2005, 3:46 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Michael Huff for DROY

March 28th, 2005, 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I've seen some mocks picking the titans to pick DJ. I Hope they pick barron, i'm not eb=namored with an oliner so early in the draft.

March 28th, 2005, 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I've also seen the Titans takings Antrel Rolle in a ton of mock drafts.

March 28th, 2005, 4:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
RIP Killer

http://www.lionbacker.com/?id=draft&sub ... onaghymock

Somebody was obvously reading my mock draft from early Feb. bduh.gif

Since then the Titans have released a number of players and have many holes, I'm not so sure they would go in this direction. After losing Mason, having McNair nearing the end and Brown not a stud WR + the hiring of Chow as OCC, I'd be surprised if they didn't go for an offensive playmaker.

March 28th, 2005, 5:40 pm
Profile WWW

What about the USC connection with Mike Williams? Will they take him if he is there for them?

March 28th, 2005, 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I would like if Tennesee picked Alex Barron,but Antrel would have to get pass Minnesota and Arizona...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 28th, 2005, 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

A lot of people have Pac-Man going before Rolle. Minn has bigger needs than CB at the moment, having Smoot and Winfield. They could definately use depth though. I'd be really surprised if both Pac-Man and Rolle were gone at 10. Not that we need them anyway.

March 28th, 2005, 6:25 pm

Rolle would be nice. he is a monster and I wouldn't mind a Miami guy on our team. They always seem to do well in the pros. I don't want Pac Man. Pablo has turned me off on him.

March 29th, 2005, 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

What about the USC connection with Mike Williams? Will they take him if he is there for them?

I HIGHLY doubt that Mike Williams is there at #6. Tampa has basically guaranteed that he is the pick at #5.

April 3rd, 2005, 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

:arrow: The Titans have alot of needs and could go with a number of options with their 6th pick. Barron, Rolle, WR, etc. They may even choose to trade down and collect another pick or two to help fill those needs. All in all, this should be an interesting draft.

:groupjump: :arrow:

April 3rd, 2005, 3:25 pm
Profile YIM
Stadium Announcer

First of all I would love Barron to be off the board when the Lions get there. All I need say is Aaron Gibson. I see Barron in the same mold big, fat, and lazy. And we do not need the temptation since there will be opportunities in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

It's been said by many "experts" that they are concerned about his work ethic. Excuse me, thats more damaging than saying that he has sex with dogs. At least in that scenerio he has a passion.

I do like the Lions addressing the DL position. They need a DE immediately and will need a DT in the next year. I'm not suggesting any particular player but the position. I'll leave it up to M&M to earn their pay checks.

I do think that the Lions should trade down to add depth if prudent, but I don't know how plausable that is. Too many other teams seem to be trying to do the same thing.

April 6th, 2005, 9:45 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Barron is not big, fat or lazy. Gald to know you know nothing about him.

Barron is so physically gifted that he was effortlessy able to dominate his position in college. Scouts question whether he has the extra drive to become a top tackle in the NFL or is satisifed get getting by on his natural physical talent like he did in college. Some scouts also believe even if he never reaches that level he still has enough physical ablity to be one of the better tackles in the NFL.

April 6th, 2005, 11:07 pm
Stadium Announcer

In your posting you said that scouts question whether " Barron has the extra drive to become a top tackle in the NFL".

To me that says that they question his dedication to perfecting his craft. Or is he looking for a payday to retire on?

I wouldn't waste a draft pick on that information.

April 9th, 2005, 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next