View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 7:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Lions sign Terrell as #3 receiver 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

You never know who will be available after roster cuts. Like Big Daddy two years ago. I wouldn't worry too much about wide reciever. I guess i'm just a gambler, but unless DJ isn't at 10 and Mike Williams is, I wouldn't take one in the draft. Unless one falls and we can't let him go, like Bosss, Teddy, and Big Baby.

March 31st, 2005, 9:58 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

But usually, how many solid receivers, capable of being a #2 guy are usually available after June 1? I think we should draft one, so we can keep Hakim a year and then let him go next year if the rookie is good enough to take his spot. I guess I'm just pissed about the crappy assortment of WRs we had last season when our top 2 were out.

March 31st, 2005, 10:05 am
Site Admin

Exactly...it's not like any guys better than Bradford will be cut and that is not saying much.

March 31st, 2005, 10:12 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

Chucky Glass Bones

That's the funniest description I've seen yet!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

March 31st, 2005, 10:31 am
Varsity Captain

I agree that we need more depth at the WR position, I cant see Chuck playing a whole season and as last year showed us without him our receiving corps is not nearly as threatening. To help this there are many WR prospects in the draft that are worth looking into, Williams, Edwards, Clayton, and Williamson are the top teir and better known prospects but I think we should look elsewhere to find some talent and depth for the WR position. Lately I have been hearing things about the Arkansas QB Matt Jones and recently Chris Mortensen wrote an article on him.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=2025109

He is 6 feet 6 inches 242 lbs. runs below 4.4 in the 40 with a 39.5 verticle leap and nearly an 11 foot standing broad jump. He has been training as a wide receiver since the Senior Bowl and the article says Jones has only dropped only one pass thrown to him in all the workouts hes had since then. Hes a physical freak with blazing speed that would be a valuable weapon to any offense(think Randal El just supersized) if used properly by the coaching staff. Any thoughts on Jones in the third, maybe the second?

March 31st, 2005, 4:44 pm
Stadium Announcer

Well, let's think about this. Yes Terrell was not the receiver he was supposed to be. But, does that make him useless in the NFL.

I understand what JRD66, bsand2053, and conversion02, have to say but I take exception to their determination that Terrell is done.

Why not take a flyer on him in f/a and see if he fits your expectations?

The only thing you have to loose is a physical and a work-out.

Very truly yours

April 1st, 2005, 12:55 am
Stadium Announcer

Post David Terrell
David Terrell would be better than Bradford! He has posted decent numbers with some pretty nameless QB's throwing the ball to him. I'd take a proven 16 game starter thats a playmaker over expansion team 3rd stringer. Bradford only got open because of all the attention Andre Johnson drew. Definitely would like to see Terrell in Lions Black/blue jersey next year. I was wondering why nobody else had thought of it.

April 1st, 2005, 3:17 am
Heisman Winner

The reason I said the Lions should take a chance is that I think he might not be done. It'd be nice to catch a break with a player for a change...if he doesn't pan out, what did you lose. No one is throwing big $$ at him, he will probably sign for a smaller scale deal.

April 1st, 2005, 10:06 pm
Baton Girl

Some of you guys are on the right track. I spoke to Chewy on the phone yesterday and for those of you that know him, he is a very reliable source and speaks to Matt Millen every day. He said tha AZ will be released and Bradford and Terrell are a real possibility. He is a link with more info.

http://lionsredzone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=261

April 2nd, 2005, 8:36 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Amazing how some boards are all the same. Invoking the vaunted "insider" approach, eh? Maybe Lionbacker should contact someone working the salad bar at Allen Park so we can glean precious tidbits about KJ's new coiffure. Then again, if you just produce a good environment and content you do not need to resort to cheap tricks for your site to thrive.

April 2nd, 2005, 9:45 am
Pop Warner Rookie

are you the same clown that got punted from the other lions site PT Bruiser? with the terrell b.s? nothing to do huh?

April 3rd, 2005, 12:32 am
Baton Girl

How is the recruitment drive going?

Amazing how some boards are all the same. Invoking the vaunted "insider" approach, eh? Maybe Lionbacker should contact someone working the salad bar at Allen Park so we can glean precious tidbits about KJ's new coiffure. Then again, if you just produce a good environment and content you do not need to resort to cheap tricks for your site to thrive.

Wasn't trying to recruit! I wanted to share this information with some of the smaller sites. If I were doing a recruitment drive, I would go to the DLMB where they get 1000 views on one thread, but if you noticed there wasn't a link put over there. Next time I get some information, I won't bother you. Sorry if I wasted your time.

April 3rd, 2005, 12:36 am
RIP Killer

Terrell and the Pats agreed to terms today. I posted it under the 'Around the League' tab.

April 4th, 2005, 9:11 am
Varsity Captain

:arrow: Welcome to the forum TechLion. Thanks for the info.

:arrow:

April 4th, 2005, 3:58 pm
Profile YIM
Varsity Captain

:arrow: I think Tom Brady is just what Terrell needs to resurect his career. I thought Terrell would be worth a shot. He hasn't had a QB around to take advantage of his talent. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he had a breakout year with his old college QB throwing to him again.

:arrow:

April 4th, 2005, 4:03 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next