View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Respond to the Black jersey pictures. 

Do you like the Alt. Jerseys?
yes 64%  64%  [ 18 ]
no 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Rip my eyes out so that I might never again gaze upon these hiddous looking things! 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 28

Respond to the Black jersey pictures. 
Stadium Announcer

Im not surprised Millen and Co. Opted to go with the black jersey.

Last edited by LionsInsider on April 17th, 2005, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 3rd, 2005, 4:46 pm
QB Coach

It's a marketing ploy in order to increase revenues.

Personally, I hate the jerseys. I'd rather just play with the jerseys we have.

April 3rd, 2005, 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Towel Boy

April 3rd, 2005, 7:15 pm
Stadium Announcer

yeah, a marketing scheme, basically what I said

Last edited by LionsInsider on April 17th, 2005, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 3rd, 2005, 7:52 pm
Stadium Announcer

April 17th, 2005, 11:02 pm
Baton Girl

They haven't even been unveiled yet. That link is nothing more than a fan's photoshop rendition/guess.

April 18th, 2005, 8:02 am
Bubbles the Lion

Do people really go out and buy a second jersey because they want all the styles? Thats stupid. What a waste of money. bs.gif

Well YEAH. Im buying one because i like the jersey Why is it a waste of money? There are people that buy jersey's just to hang them in a frame personally i think thats a waste of money but what does my opinion matter?? It doesn't. Whatever people do with thier money is thier own option and i really don't think that they can get criticized for it as long as the money was recieved in a lawful way.

April 18th, 2005, 8:12 am
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Player

To be honest I like the alternate jerseys (back jerseys). I don't like the fact that they are very similar to the Panthers jersey but I can live with that.

Mixing black with the Honolulu blue and silver is nothing new by the way. While it has never been an official color nor has it been a consistent theme, black has been integrated into a variety a Lions paraphernalia for a long time. Black T-shirts, hat's and tote bags, etc. with the Leaping Lion have been available by the NFL for years. Millen is now just making it official although I'm also certain that his years as a Raider have contributed to that decision.

Now... if you asked me what I think of the Leaping Lion emblem... That's another issue altogether. That needs to go... and please don't replace it with the old Lion (lying down with his tail over his back) that's awful too!

April 18th, 2005, 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

bsand2053 wrote:
Do people really go out and buy a second jersey because they want all the styles? Thats stupid. What a waste of money. bs.gif

Well YEAH. Im buying one because i like the jersey Why is it a waste of money? There are people that buy jersey's just to hang them in a frame personally i think thats a waste of money but what does my opinion matter?? It doesn't. Whatever people do with thier money is thier own option and i really don't think that they can get criticized for it as long as the money was recieved in a lawful way.

If you really like the jerseys, more power to you. I am talking about people who have to have it because they can't not have it. Like people who have to have all the pokemon cards or something. The just buy them to have them.

April 18th, 2005, 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

For me it's just cost prohibitive. Not because I cannot afford them but because there are other things I would rather get with the money. It's low on my list I suppose. I would be more open to one as a gift it's just not something I would buy for myself.

I personally would rather get something like this

EDIT: Things went goofy earlier so this post appeared like 4 times and once under another persons name. I cleaned it up though :lol:

April 18th, 2005, 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
Post Re: I voted "yes", but...
N8Dog wrote:
...it's easy to screw up a uniform with pants that don't go. If they wear the silver pants, I choose "c"

I agree without seeing any pants how do we know if they will be horrible. Perhaps Blue, but not the rotten blue that they tried six years ago on the away uni's. Maybe if they changed the style of the pants just when they wore the black jerseys. All this talk of style a dress... I gotta have a beer and go pick a fight... :lol:

April 18th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2