View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Sumo Wrestler 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Sumo Wrestler
5.14 sec 40? Dang, thats pretty good for 470 pounds. Too bad the last time we had the fattest guy in the NFL, it was a complete bust.

April 1st, 2005, 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Yes...Aaron Gibson had quite the bust...I think he was like a triple D or something. Not to mention he punched a random guy and didn't even drop him :roll: This guy should be comfortable in a jock strap riding up his bum though 5butthead.gif

April 1st, 2005, 9:33 am
Profile WWW
League MVP

April 1st, 2005, 9:48 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would assume so, but its pretty funny. Good call legend.

April 1st, 2005, 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Is this APril Fools?

yeah thats what im guessing...

Michael Huff for DROY

Last edited by Harrington is da man on April 1st, 2005, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2005, 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

There aint nothing about any sumo wrestler on the detroitlions.com.
Seems kinda unrealistic with a 5.1 40 yard dash for a man his size.
Its real cool if its true tho.

April 1st, 2005, 12:27 pm

April 1st, 2005, 1:08 pm

detroit lions site sucks rectum, they dont update there things after like two days after it happened...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 1st, 2005, 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Write them a letter and complain. I would, but I'm lazy and I complain too much as it is. Oh, and tell them their writers aren't negative enough and shouldn't be such rectum kissers. Those homer articles piss me off. Top 40 under 40, who the hell cares, isn't this football??? Only reason I use their site is for the stats.

April 1st, 2005, 1:54 pm

Write them a letter and complain. I would, but I'm lazy and I complain too much as it is. Oh, and tell them their writers aren't negative enough and shouldn't be such rectum kissers. Those homer articles piss me off. Top 40 under 40, who the hell cares, isn't this football??? Only reason I use their site is for the stats.

LOL :thumbsup:

April 1st, 2005, 2:17 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

And let them know that every article should look like Drew Sharp wrote it. I like it when everything I read is the most negative thing I can find......Oh wait, I don't like that. I guess I'm not negative and bitter enough. I guess I just don't want everything I read to be completely negative and bashing of someone who can do a better job at their job than me. Sorry....I can do without all of the player bashing

April 1st, 2005, 2:17 pm
RIP Killer

Hell, I want to read something that will make me think, something that sparks a reaction. Not some bland News at 6 garbage. I want them to say that Loverne and Joyce can't cut it at gaurd, that's they brought it DeMulling. Not prance around the truth. I can't honestly say I've read a half dozen articles on that site in my existance that I thought were worth half a crap. Their articles are as bland as Millen saying he's open to drafting multiple positions in the first round (thinking of multiple positions, drafting one, obviously). I guess this is Killer has a job though.

April 1st, 2005, 2:23 pm

This prolly is april fools, but I can see a somo wrestler bieng a O-lineman, they would just have to get some muscles because there mostly fat...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 1st, 2005, 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lirpa Yadsloof...read it backwards.

Or, Sid Eslaf (sides laugh)

My props to the author of the article. It got a ton of buzz around the forums and the net today. Also, it helped introduce many people to lionbacker.

April 1st, 2005, 5:51 pm
RIP Killer

Look for hints in the article....

Lirpa Yadsloof...read it backwards.

Or, Sid Eslaf (sides laugh)

My props to the author of the article. It got a ton of buzz around the forums and the net today. Also, it helped introduce many people to lionbacker.

Nice job conversion02! Actually, Sid was meant to pay homage to Sid Finch, whom lionsfanva mentioned earlier. I didn't intend for the "sides laugh" - how funny - but read his name backwards as well.

Thanks for the props, you would not beleive how many potential story lines I went through before picking this one. I wanted something remotely feasible yet still pretty unbelievable as to not be taken too seriously. The story has created quite a bit of buzz on the web, what surprised me is the number of fans who seemed to outright beleive it based on their comments. I thought the part about yaks milk would be a sure giveaway (especially with the picture).

I had a lot of fun writing the story, I hope those of you who read it had some laughs. As Lions fans, it is good therapy to laugh.

For those who beleived it (at least a little) - gottcha!

Happy April Fools Day!
Paul

April 1st, 2005, 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next