View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 3:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Sumo Wrestler 
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Good work, you def fooled Harrington is da man. he posted that it was so detailed that it had to be true and later edited his post so he wouldnt look like an April Fool! Nice try but Pablo got you! Great stuff

April 1st, 2005, 8:08 pm
All State

don't feel so bad harrington is the man it had me going to for a while. very funny.

:spiderman: :groupjump: :spiderman:

April 1st, 2005, 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Alright I admit I did beileve it for a while anyways, but I think a sumo wrestler could be a O-lineman though...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 1st, 2005, 8:22 pm
Profile WWW

If they ran 5.1 40s they would be great, fortunately physics doesnt allow for such nonsense...

April 1st, 2005, 8:27 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Hell, I want to read something that will make me think, something that sparks a reaction.

I guess it's unfortunate that the only reaction that you want sparked is anger and bitterness. This sounds like the Boston Red Sox fans, if there's nothing to complain about, they're not happy.

April 1st, 2005, 9:27 pm
RIP Killer

lionsfanak wrote:
I guess it's unfortunate that the only reaction that you want sparked is anger and bitterness. This sounds like the Boston Red Sox fans, if there's nothing to complain about, they're not happy.

Weird. I don't remember saying that I wanted anger and bitter reactions..

Anyway, I believe I said something that sparks a reaction, positive or negative. I want to read something that's worth my time, not something that's generic and gives no insight as to what the organization is doing or something that states the obvious. That covers about 90% of the articles on that site. And those articles about the top 40 under 40? Does anyone really give a flying monkey crap about that?

April 1st, 2005, 9:52 pm
Site Admin

Does anyone really give a flying monkey crap about that?

If someone has flying monkey crap I surely would like to see that!

April 1st, 2005, 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Write them a letter and complain. I would, but I'm lazy and I complain too much as it is. Oh, and tell them their writers aren't negative enough and shouldn't be such rectum kissers. Those homer articles piss me off. Top 40 under 40, who the hell cares, isn't this football??? Only reason I use their site is for the stats.

Tell them their writers don't complain enough? Sounds negative to me

April 2nd, 2005, 12:03 am
Site Admin

I get what convo is saying...fans don't always want to just read slappy rara-go team go stuff. But at the same time I am equally irrated with writers like a Drew Sharp that seem to be critical of everything. A balanced perspective is my cup of tea.

April 2nd, 2005, 12:14 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I have no problem with writers calling it like it is, but I am getting tired of writers and fans alike do nothing but bitch. If you don't like the Lions web page, don't go there, and if you do and don't like what they write it's your fault for going there knwoing what you're going to get. I'm just tired of all of the complaining.

April 2nd, 2005, 2:43 am
Varsity Captain

:arrow: Good job Paul. You got me, but then I have always wondered why
the NFL doesn't try a sumo wrestler on the offensive line. %.17 and a 34 inch vertical was hard to believe though. Good one. :arrow:

April 2nd, 2005, 10:28 am
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

I have no problem with writers calling it like it is, but I am getting tired of writers and fans alike do nothing but bitch. If you don't like the Lions web page, don't go there, and if you do and don't like what they write it's your fault for going there knwoing what you're going to get. I'm just tired of all of the complaining.

So you actually like those stupid rectum articles that are not related to football whatsoever? Such as: Lions Exec Mayhew Named To Black Enterprise's "50 Most Powerful" List, Coach Steve Mariucci?s Celebrity Bocce Ball Tournament Set for June 8, and Lions VP/COO Lewand Again Named To National Publication's Exclusive "Forty Under 40" List. Or articles that state the obvious like "The Lions hold 6 picks in the 2005 NFL draft." Dur. It just seems like they're struggling for content.

I do like to read positive articles, as well as the negative ones. If someone's playing crappy, I want to hear that he might be benched, not a quote by Mooch that doesn't give me any insight and tell me that he needs to step it up.

BTW, I don't go there for that reason. I said I only use it for stats.

Personally, I think it'd be cool if they had a mock draft contest. Winner gets 2 tickets to a home game or a replica jersey or something. It get their hits up.

April 2nd, 2005, 11:13 am

April 2nd, 2005, 11:16 am
Site Admin

Knowing Pablo as I do I knew it was a April Fools thing but I have to say it makes you wonder. I told him last night it was probably one of his best written articles :lol:

April 2nd, 2005, 11:43 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

lionsfanak wrote:

So you actually like those stupid rectum articles that are not related to football whatsoever? Such as: Lions Exec Mayhew Named To Black Enterprise's "50 Most Powerful" List, Coach Steve Mariucci?s Celebrity Bocce Ball Tournament Set for June 8, and Lions VP/COO Lewand Again Named To National Publication's Exclusive "Forty Under 40" List. Or articles that state the obvious like "The Lions hold 6 picks in the 2005 NFL draft." Dur. It just seems like they're struggling for content.

I do like to read positive articles, as well as the negative ones. If someone's playing crappy, I want to hear that he might be benched, not a quote by Mooch that doesn't give me any insight and tell me that he needs to step it up.

BTW, I don't go there for that reason. I said I only use it for stats.

Personally, I think it'd be cool if they had a mock draft contest. Winner gets 2 tickets to a home game or a replica jersey or something. It get their hits up.

At no point did I say that I liked or read the articles. I rarely visit the Lions website because I know what it's going to look like: the same as every other teams homepage!!!! I don't know if this is beyond you, but a team's homepage will not bash their own players.

To be honest with you I don't think they are all that concerned with their hits, and not having a moc draft means that we don't have to read about how "My moc draft on this board" or "My moc draft on that board".

April 2nd, 2005, 2:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next