View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Browns Trade Trent Richardson 
QB Coach

Post Browns Trade Trent Richardson
to the Colts for a first next year. That's essentially giving up on this season. And giving up on Weeden. Good move for the Colts, not great because backs can be had for cheaper than first round picks.

Also, it screws me in fantasy as I was just about to use Bradshaw to trade for Spiller. Why didn't the Browns consider me before the made such a dumb move? lol

September 18th, 2013, 7:39 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Browns Trade Trent Richardson
I would have never seen that move coming....

so much for the wish of trading LeShoure to the Colts.

September 18th, 2013, 9:39 pm
RIP Killer

Maybe they did and mayhew wanted a third or something.

September 18th, 2013, 9:41 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

can he play this week?

September 18th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Yes he can, but I can't imagine he will be able to absorb much of the play book and terminology by Sunday.

September 19th, 2013, 5:55 am
Butkus Award Winner

IMO Colts won this trade. T-Rich has the injury-prone label, and rightfully so, but he will cash it in all season near the goal line at least, and can be a Gore-type back for them. Good trade for a team in need of a franchise RB.

September 19th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Veteran General Manager

I think the Browns won that trade. You watch, that pick they got from Indy is going to be a top 10 pick. Look at their schedule. It's brutal.

They are 1-1 right now having beaten the Raiders and lost to the Dolphins.
The remeainder of their schedule:

3 Sep 22 4:25PMEDT * AT 49ers This game is a loss! 1-2
4 Sep 29 1:00PMEDT * AT Jaguars This is a win 2-2
5 Oct 6 1:00PMEDT ) Seahawks this is a loss 2-3
6 Oct 14 8:40PMEDT + AT Chargers This is a loss 2-4
7 Oct 20 8:30PMEDT ' Broncos This is a loss 2-5
8 BYE
9 Nov 3 8:30PMEST ' AT Texans This is a loss 2-6
10 Nov 10 1:00PMEST ) Rams I believe this will be a loss 2-7
11 Nov 14 8:25PMEST , AT Titans This is a loss 2-8
12 Nov 24 4:05PMEST * AT Cardinals I think the Cards are a better team than Lions fans are crediting them right now. Loss 2-9
13 Dec 1 1:00PMEST * Titans Home game in the division. Win 3-9
14 Dec 8 1:00PMEST * AT Bengals This is a loss 3-10
15 Dec 15 1:00PMEST * Texans Texans are in playoff seeding mode. This is a loss. 3-11
16 Dec 22 1:00PMEST * AT Chiefs Chiefs are fighting to make the playoffs. This is a loss. 3-12
17 Dec 29 1:00PMEST * Jaguars Thank you Jags for letting the Colts end on a winning note. 4-12

I actually think the Browns should take the next step and trade Joe Thomas he is in his 8th season. How much longer will he play? And Denver has a major need for a LT. Think they would be willing to give Cleveland a 1st round pick for Thomas? I do.

The 2014 draft could be Bridgewater with Clevends own pick, A LT with the Colts pick, and a RB late in round 1 with Denvers pick.

September 20th, 2013, 10:50 am

I think they end up with 7-8 wins even based on the rough schedule but I still think the trade makes sense. I Just love that they are trying toPR spin it as "this isnt a give up on the season move". Chudzinski wants a CJ Spiller type back, not a bruiser to make his offense go, but still.

September 20th, 2013, 11:24 am
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
I think the Browns won that trade. You watch, that pick they got from Indy is going to be a top 10 pick.

Even if this was true, Richardson was the 3rd overall pick (albeit he's no Joey Harrington). Trading a #3 pick for a potential top 10 pick doesn't sound like a winner to me. I also don't think Indy picks in the top 10 next year - especially now.

September 20th, 2013, 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
I think the Browns won that trade. You watch, that pick they got from Indy is going to be a top 10 pick.

Even if this was true, Richardson was the 3rd overall pick (albeit he's no Joey Harrington). Trading a #3 pick for a potential top 10 pick doesn't sound like a winner to me. I also don't think Indy picks in the top 10 next year - especially now.

If Richardson continues to be banged up every week they may have dodged a bullet, but as of right now with his potential I think your right Pablo.

September 20th, 2013, 3:07 pm
RIP Killer

Based upon yesterdays IND-SF game, I'd say the Colts are going to win more than just 7 or 8 games. I understand it was one game, but they looked very impressive in dominating that game on both sides of the ball. Bradshaw looked really good running the ball, and it almost seems as if the move to get Richardson was more to light a fire under him than to get a franchise RB.

Whatever the case, I'd say it was a good trade for both teams. Cleveland gets a top 32 pick for them to help continue their roster building, and the Colts get insurance at RB for this season, and may have a future franchise RB.

September 23rd, 2013, 9:08 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
Based upon yesterdays IND-SF game, I'd say the Colts are going to win more than just 7 or 8 games. I understand it was one game, but they looked very impressive in dominating that game on both sides of the ball. Bradshaw looked really good running the ball, and it almost seems as if the move to get Richardson was more to light a fire under him than to get a franchise RB.

Whatever the case, I'd say it was a good trade for both teams. Cleveland gets a top 32 pick for them to help continue their roster building, and the Colts get insurance at RB for this season, and may have a future franchise RB.

I'd like to add that having a solid duo at RB lessens the load for Richardson as well and hopefully for the Colts gets some of the injury bug off of his back.

September 23rd, 2013, 10:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]