View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Texans Cut Reed 
Varsity Captain

Post Texans Cut Reed
One of the most disappointing teams in the league have cut Pro Bowl Safety Ed Reed after Reed called out the coaching staff not just once but twice! Problem is Reed is right. You don't go from a starter for the league champs to a bench warmer that gets cut for calling out your coaches in one off season. The Texans suck and there is no question about it. Yes they have multiple injuries to starters but so do other teams. Not one player on the Texans has played as well as last year, even JJ. Kubiak has done nothing with a roster full of talent.

Question is could we use Reed? It wouldn't cost much to pick him up. Most of his salary was guarenteedand has already been paid. I would love to have him on our team with Delmas and Quin. I realize he has been hurt but maybe he and Delmas can team up and finish the season with a ring. Maybe he can bring the other Johnson with him!

November 12th, 2013, 10:26 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Texans Cut Reed
Boz wrote:
One of the most disappointing teams in the league have cut Pro Bowl Safety Ed Reed after Reed called out the coaching staff not just once but twice! Problem is Reed is right. You don't go from a starter for the league champs to a bench warmer that gets cut for calling out your coaches in one off season. The Texans suck and there is no question about it. Yes they have multiple injuries to starters but so do other teams. Not one player on the Texans has played as well as last year, even JJ. Kubiak has done nothing with a roster full of talent.

Question is could we use Reed? It wouldn't cost much to pick him up. Most of his salary was guarenteedand has already been paid. I would love to have him on our team with Delmas and Quin. I realize he has been hurt but maybe he and Delmas can team up and finish the season with a ring. Maybe he can bring the other Johnson with him!

Not interested. I don't care who you are, or what you've done in your career, you don't throw your teammates or coaches under the bus. Right or wrong, you just don't do that publicly. Ed Reed crossed a line.

Besides that, Reed is done. He's definitely NOT the player he once was, and he offers no upgrade over anyone currently on our roster. It's a shame he chose to close out his career on such a poor note, but so be it. Just keep in mind, the Ravens decided to move on without him as well.

Nice career, Ed. Too bad you opened up your mouth once too often.

November 13th, 2013, 9:29 am
League MVP

Don Carey is holding his own as the 3rd safety and as a step in corner. Pass on Reed unless desperate

November 13th, 2013, 11:15 am
3rd Round Selection

m2karateman wrote:
Boz wrote:

Not interested. I don't care who you are, or what you've done in your career, you don't throw your teammates or coaches under the bus. Right or wrong, you just don't do that publicly. Ed Reed crossed a line.

Besides that, Reed is done. He's definitely NOT the player he once was, and he offers no upgrade over anyone currently on our roster. It's a shame he chose to close out his career on such a poor note, but so be it. Just keep in mind, the Ravens decided to move on without him as well.

Nice career, Ed. Too bad you opened up your mouth once too often.

=D>

Agree with all of that. Especially true given what had happened re: Kubiak - very poor form. At the end of last season - what an AMAZING career. One team, a ring, some incredible play. Fast forward 6 months and all he;s done is removed the gloss from that for $4m. Sad.

November 13th, 2013, 7:06 pm
Team MVP

He's 35. No thanks.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 13th, 2013, 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]