View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2017, 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 So How bout them Falcons... 
Pro Bowl Player

Post So How bout them Falcons...
Did Shanahan Cost Himself a Job?

Worst Choke Job of all Time?

Biggest Comeback in SB History!

Most Passing Yards in SB History!

1 For the Thumb. GOAT... No Doubt!

In all seriousness I see everyone focusing on the Falcons Collapse, and don't get me wrong, if they dont make bad playcalls on 2 series in a row, the 2nd which literally could have been kneeldown -> kneeldown -> Kneeldown -> Field Goal and they would have won.

BUt in Reality, The Patriots just started playing defense. And their Methodical offense, that was plagued by dropped balls for the first 3 quarters just stopped dropping balls. Oh and that 1 Miracle catch. But yeah, that defense. With 38 Minutes left in the game, the Falcons produced 1 Decent drive for 85 yds. 133 yds Total. Only 1 TD for Pts, to go along with 4 Punts and a Fumble. The Patriots made their adjustments, and almost shut down 1 of the top offenses in the game. Even with J Jones Heroics, they gave the O a chance. And Shanahan.

What a Game!

February 6th, 2017, 3:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team President - Rod Wood

Post Re: So How bout them Falcons...
Quote:
Did Shanahan Cost Himself a Job?

Looks like no but maybe gave the 49ers some 2nd thoughts

Quote:
Worst Choke Job of all Time?

absolutely. seemed worse than houston-buffalo

Quote:
Biggest Comeback in SB History!

Most Passing Yards in SB History
!

Quote:
1 For the Thumb. GOAT... No Doubt!

kind of made me doubt Brady. he threw 4-5 balls that were interceptable, he looked rattled most of the game. got kind of lucky in 2 super bowls in a row now and the first super bowl he won probably could ve been won by Charlie Batch. Combine that with Matt Cassel going 10-5 and still wet behind the ears Jimmy G and Brisset going 3-1 this year, it truly makes me wonder. I think without a doubt, Belichick is the greatest coach of all time - any sport. With Brady, I'm not sure he s the GOAT but on the other hand it says something to see him win a Super Bowl in a game where he looked pretty off by his standards. When your worst is still good enough to win a Super Bowl, you must be pretty damn good.

Quote:
In all seriousness I see everyone focusing on the Falcons Collapse, and don't get me wrong, if they dont make bad playcalls on 2 series in a row, the 2nd which literally could have been kneeldown -> kneeldown -> Kneeldown -> Field Goal and they would have won.

I actually hear more people talking about it being the greatest comeback of all time which I think it was not. Houston-Buffalo was better. I think this was the worst collapse I ve ever seen and surprised more people arent talking about the dreadful self destruction that ATL displayed.

Quote:
BUt in Reality, The Patriots just started playing defense. And their Methodical offense, that was plagued by dropped balls for the first 3 quarters just stopped dropping balls. Oh and that 1 Miracle catch. But yeah, that defense. With 38 Minutes left in the game, the Falcons produced 1 Decent drive for 85 yds. 133 yds Total. Only 1 TD for Pts, to go along with 4 Punts and a Fumble. The Patriots made their adjustments, and almost shut down 1 of the top offenses in the game. Even with J Jones Heroics, they gave the O a chance. And Shanahan.

Not really. Atlanta was still able to move the ball. They consistently snapped the ball with the gameclock running and left additional 12-17 seconds on the game clock. They got into field goal range twice in the 2nd half and went backwards with self inflicted penalties. Im not sure why Matthews decided to totally abandon any technique work he may have put in favor of the headlock on Chris Long. 3rd and 1 with 8:30 still up 16, Shanahan calls for a 7 step drop when they have Devonte Freeman. Just too many inexcusable plays where if they do almost anything else on just 1/10 or so plays then they leave New England almost no chance to win. Atlanta was blowing it all the way down to the wire in regulation, even forcing themselves to punt on there last drive. The Pats came up with some plays no doubt but they blew a major coverage on Freeman, still got beat by Jones and Ryan took sacks he didnt have to take. This was a choke job.

February 8th, 2017, 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]