View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 BMW Signs 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post BMW Signs
KFFL wrote:
Titans | Team signs M. Williams
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:16:19 -0800

CBSSports.com reports the Tennessee Titans have signed WR Mike Williams (Raiders). Williams practiced with the team Thursday, Nov. 22.

November 22nd, 2007, 3:38 pm
RIP Killer

The Titans also signed former Lions receiver Charles Rogers and traded a pack of smokes for Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. Said a disgruntled quarterback Vince Young, "I need some weapons at the WR position and all Titans management gives me is a bunch of Lions first-round picks."

November 23rd, 2007, 12:00 am
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

Titans | M. Williams will not play Week 12
Sun, 25 Nov 2007 08:17:12 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Tennessee Titans WR Mike Williams will not play Week 12. He currently weighs 271 pounds. The team is planning to work him in as a H-back, tight end and wide receiver.

271 pounds WOW what a fat azz!

November 25th, 2007, 2:58 pm
Walk On

271 Wholly crap. What a total dush-bag. Not saying i'm in the best shape but if I got paid a few million dollors a year I'd like to think I could keep it in check. What a waste.

November 26th, 2007, 2:21 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I read that this weekend and had to laugh. I'm surprised that the Titans actually signed BMW if he was 271 lbs. It's obvious that he has no desire to play since he can't keep in shape. Another great Matt Millen draft pick goes down the toilet!

November 26th, 2007, 10:34 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

WTF is his issue? Man oh man. What a waste of talent.

Tim

November 26th, 2007, 3:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The best part is that White is already having a hard time keeping in shape. I can only imagine what might happen now that his former USC buddy is on the team. Those two will be having Twinkie eat-offs every chance they get.

November 26th, 2007, 5:22 pm
RIP Killer

271 LBS!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP. And they wanted him to get to 225!? He can't even stay in fat WR range. Put him on defense end and see what he can do!!!!

November 27th, 2007, 11:02 am

The best part is that White is already having a hard time keeping in shape. I can only imagine what might happen now that his former USC buddy is on the team. Those two will be having Twinkie eat-offs every chance they get.

Hey, I think you just came up with a great idea that the NFL Network could air during the off-season! ESPN can have their hot dog eating contest while the NFLN can have the twinkie eating contest between the Titans! :lol:

November 27th, 2007, 11:22 am
RIP Killer

November 27th, 2007, 11:55 am
NFL Team Captain

I see the Titans plan on using BMW at TE as well as other spots. I always thought that he would have made a fairly good TE.

November 27th, 2007, 2:46 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post mandatory deadline -- this past Friday
steensn wrote:
"The BIGGEST Loser - Titans Edition"

Someone may have stole your line steen...

Free Press wrote:
Who's the biggest loser? Ex-Lion Mike Williams

FREE PRESS STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES
March 30, 2008

Titans coach Jeff Fisher wanted ex-Lions receiver Mike Williams to lose 20 pounds -- down to 250 -- and he's just four short of his goal.

"He worked and it's obvious," Fisher told the Tennessean. "I was pleased with his effort. That's a good sign."

Williams' weight caused Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher to give him a mandatory deadline -- which was this past Friday.

The 24-year-old Williams reported on Monday for the Titans off-season program at 254 pounds. The former first-round pick of the Lions weighed in at more than 270 pounds when the Titans signed him last Thanksgiving.

He is on his third team as the Lions traded him to Oakland, where the Raiders released him in mid-season. But the Titans need receivers, according to the Tennesean, and offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger is looking for anyone who can step up at the position.

Let's see if BMW made his goal on Friday without having to amputate anything vital in order to shed a few pounds.

March 31st, 2008, 4:21 am
Profile WWW

I gues the standards and expectations for BMW have gone down somewhat. Didn't Mooch want him at 230 or something like that?

March 31st, 2008, 11:30 am
I gues the standards and expectations for BMW have gone down somewhat. Didn't Mooch want him at 230 or something like that?

He wanted him to play at 225, at WR... It seems like he is inevitibly going to move to H-back or TE now... Something he said he'd never do... I guess he just sort of ate himself into the position...

March 31st, 2008, 11:38 am
RIP Killer

Why doesn't he just give it up and play TE already. he can't stay at a low enough weight to play WR, 250 is still WAY tto big for an NFL WR, IMO. Anyone have any weight numbers for starting WR's? TO is pretty big and he is only 223 lbs.

Funny commmentary...

Quote:
With Jared's Help, WR Mike Williams Is Taking Off the Weight
Posted Mar 29th 2008 1:35PM by Ryan Wilson
Filed under: Titans

When I saw this headline,"Titans want WR Williams at 250 pounds", I took it to mean that head coach Jeff Fisher was going to let former Lions first-round pick Mike Williams play at a weight he found most comfortable. And when I say "most comfortable" I obviously mean "allows him to eat as much ice cream as he wants and still squeeze into his game pants."

Actually, Fisher wanted Williams to drop weight to get to 250 which is, well, mind-boggling. Of course, I had forgotten Williams was still in the league which is kind of ironic given that he's pretty hard to miss.
Fisher wanted receiver Mike Williams at 250 pounds by [last Thursday]. Earlier this week the former first-round pick was about four pounds short of the 20 he'd been told to lose.

"Very few people on this roster and other rosters accomplished what Mike was able to accomplish from the time the season was over until reporting," Fisher said. "He worked and it's obvious. I was pleased with his effort. That's a good sign, it's important."
So it sounds like Williams was pushing 270 at some point in the not-too-distant past. That's very Jermaine Wiggins-esque. To his credit, it sounds like he's working it off and if Fisher is happy with his progress then so am I. If Williams can flash any of the potential that made him a top-10 pick three years ago, it should make Vince Young's life a lot easier.

This assumes that some of Youngs' struggles are a consequence of not having anyone to throw to. If it's the case that Young's not a very good NFL quarterback then it won't matter how much weight Williams' loses. Which should be great news for the local Nashville eateries.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/29/with-jareds-help-wr-mike-williams-is-taking-off-the-weight/

March 31st, 2008, 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next