View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Dayne the next 1000 yard rusher?!?! 
Site Admin

Post Dayne the next 1000 yard rusher?!?!
Quote:
Broncos sign Dayne

Former Lion Elliss also gets new contract

Associated Press

Comment on this story
Send this story to a friend
Get Home Delivery

DENVER -- The Denver Broncos signed former New York Giants running back Ron Dayne on Friday, and re-signed defensive tackles Luther Elliss and Monsanto Pope.

The Broncos also re-signed unrestricted free agent tight end Patrick Hape.

The 27-year-old Dayne played six seasons with the Giants after winning 1999 Heisman Trophy at Wisconsin. He has rushed for 2,067 yards and 16 touchdowns in 62 games.

Dayne was signed to help offset the loss of Reuben Droughns, who was traded to Cleveland on Wednesday for linemen Ebenezer Ekuban and Michael Myers.

Elliss, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, had two sacks and six tackles last season before being placed on injured reserve with a lower-back injury. Pope, who has started in 21 of 46 regular-season games with Denver, played in 16 games last season, finishing with a career-high 30 tackles, one sack and knocking down one pass.

Hape has played five years for the Broncos after spending four seasons with Tampa Bay. He has 51 career receptions for 287 yards and 11 touchdowns.

April 5th, 2005, 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Negative on that one. He'll be behind Tatum Bell, Garrison Hearst and Cecil Sapp. Best he can work for is 2nd on the depth chart.

April 5th, 2005, 1:12 pm
Site Admin

Seems though that injuries always lead to the next studd back in Denver. Didn't the one year Terrel went down, then Orlandis went down, and then Mike Williams stepped up. Seems like they shed a back or 2 due to injuries a couple times a year.

April 5th, 2005, 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

That's true. Man, Terrell Davis was awesome. What year was it when he has 2000+ yards and 21 TDs? System or not, that's impressive.

April 5th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Site Admin

It is too bad Terrells career was cut short. He was a great back while he lasted.

April 5th, 2005, 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I do not know. The funny thing about him was that he had good speed and not great acceleration. That is the exact opposite of the profile of a Denver running back. A good no-risk pick up for them, but a 1000 yard season would be very unlikely. Grade: no fantasy value.

April 5th, 2005, 7:21 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I just don't get why they don't put Dayne at fullback. I have thought that ever since he came out of college.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 6th, 2005, 12:16 pm
RIP Killer

Interesting thought. He's got the frame and he blocks very well.

April 6th, 2005, 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]