View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Denny: What are you doing? 
QB Coach

Post Denny: What are you doing?
Arizona failed to re-sign CB Renaldo Hill, allowing him to sign a one-year deal with the Raiders.

Now our corners are #2 CB David Macklin, as well as practice squad players Rhett Nelson and Tyrone Sanders.

So Denny, what are you doing at the CB position?

I don't think the Cards (6.3 million) have enough money to sign their draft picks as well as a premier #1 corner (Andre Dyson or Ty Law).

Is Nick Harper capable of coming in here and playing?

Are you planning on taking a corner at #8? Is Pac-Man or Carlos good enough to come in as a rookie and be a #1 or #2 cornerbacK?

I'm just puzzled at some of the moves he is making.

And why hasn't a Shelton-Henry trade been made yet? What is taking so long? Every day, I keep reading "It will happen within the next few days"... well why hasn't it?

If that trade doesn't happen, then the Cardinals will have huge holes to fill at CB and RB, and only one pick that they can find starters at those positions.

April 10th, 2005, 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

At MN he always had very unheralded corners. He would love to use a slew of second day picks at that position and see who would stick. One year he threw two second day guys to the wolves as the starters. It worked, in the sense that he did not get ABSOLUTELY mauled, but that was more a fact that they played a type of loose zone that did not require tight coverage. The other saving grace was a high octane offense that forced the other team to be one-dimensional. Then they would blitz a lot and some of those retreads would make a few plays. It would seem Denny is being consistent with his system, not investing capital at that position. He could draft a corner with his first pick, but I wonder. . .

April 10th, 2005, 9:28 pm
QB Coach

Green never had a solid defense in Minnesota... rather a team that relied on overpowering offense. The big question I have about the offense is who will be carrying the ball? Travis Henry? Cedric Benson? Carnell Williams?

The O-Line improved, and was upgraded with the addition of Oliver Ross. Warner was added to boost the passing game. TE Alex Smith in the second round would be a nice pick, and a player that Green would take.

I'm just real concerned about the CBs... there are 3 players on contract... and only one with NFL experience... Pac-Man isn't a great pick at #8, IMO. I'd take a RB over him anyday of the week.

Although, they did add Chike Okeafor, and a solid defensive line makes a defensive backfield that much better...

Green goes BPA in draft... I don't see it changing this year. Both QBs, one or two RBs, Edwards and Williams, and possibly Rolle will be gone at the 8th pick. Using BPA, that means a runningback, Derrick Johnson, or a CB will be BPA.

I don't think it's a lock that he drafts a RB. Don't be shocked to see Derrick Johnson the selection... Rolle should be the pick if he lasts until #8... There are basically many options open.

Gosh, i'm going to stop ranting, and worrying... things will shake out in 11 days :arrow:

April 11th, 2005, 12:47 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

That is what I have been saying. He will take DJ unless he really believes there is a RB who is a better athlete. He does not have a record of taking CBs early. Dewayne Washington was the highest ever. From his perspective CB is not a need evidently.

April 11th, 2005, 6:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]