View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 12:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Terrell Owens Deserves a New Deal 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Terrell Owens Deserves a New Deal
Granted he was a dumbass for signing the last deal and for having the agent he had. The agent told TO he couldn't get the 7 year deal any better and the same agent forgot to file TOs free agency paperwork at the end of the season.

The current deal pays more than 50% during the last three years of the contract. He deserves that money to be distributed more evenly over the remaining six years.

My speculation is that the Eagles current plan is to cut TO after the 2007 season basically robbing TO blind. He would lose 22.5 million and the cap hit for the Eagles would be minimal.

PAY TO!!!!

April 14th, 2005, 5:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Stadium Announcer

April 15th, 2005, 1:52 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Good maybe we can pick him up in 07!
lol Mooch & TO, together again! zlove.gif

I go back and forth on this. On one hand he is probably the best WR in the NFL right now, and he's not even in the top ten salary wise. Still Owens put himself in the spot he's in. He said the only team he wanted was Philly and seemed to be willing to make sacrifices to go there. It sounds like Andy Reid (sp?) tryed to make sure TO was going into the situation with his eyes open, and is a little ticked off that TO seems to have changed his mind a year later.

When you take into account that he's on the wrong side of thirty and sometimes has a hard time playing nicly with others, I don't know if he'll get what he's asking for, at least not as an Eagles IMO. wave.gif

April 15th, 2005, 3:05 am
Hall of Fame Player

TO may be a terrific player on the field but I'm tired of the nonsense and distractions. (Same thing goes for Randy Moss). The type of selfishness and self promotion with TO never seems to end. His theme song should be that country hit... "I want to talk about Me" because he wouldn't give a second thought about someone else if his career depended on it. AND... it does!! If I were the head coach of a team there is no way possible I would let an rectum like this on the team because TO (and again, Randy Moss, same thing) are locker room cancer.

I don't blame TO for trying to get more money out of the Eagles - but I do have to laugh at him because he is so stupid. And you're right - he did put himself in the situation he's in.

April 15th, 2005, 6:06 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post More TO nonsense!
Eagles | Rosenhaus Comments About Owens' Contract - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:35:56 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, during an interview on ESPNews, Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Owens simply is not making enough money ($3.25 million base salary for 2005) in comparison to what he has done for them. He said Owens has already out-played his contract, which is just one year old, and the most honorable thing to be done would be for the Eagles to give them a new deal. He went on to say Owens cannot honor the current deal, which he termed "flat out unfair." Rosenhaus said Owens needs to look out for his family, is "grossly underpaid" and they will not rest until they receive a new deal. He added the Eagles have not had a "warm reception" to the notion of a new deal, but he is very optimistic something can be worked out. He also said an option for Owens is to hold out, but he is hopeful it will not come to that.

----

Here's the part I love... that Owens has been underpaid and the Eagles should do the "honorable thing" and pay him more. That is pathetic in every sense of the word. And then... Owens cannot "honor" the current deal - he has to "look out for his family."

So does this mean that if Owens broke his leg in game 1 and had missed the season (like Charles Rogers) did that Owens would have done the "honorable thing" and refunded the money? Doesn't the GM need to look out for his family too?

This stuff makes me hurl!!

You sign a contract - you live by the contract.

It's always the selfish player that wants more but when the GM feels that pounding sensation in his butt - he's not allowed to get his money back.

April 15th, 2005, 7:32 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Everyone says the NFL is a business. Well, if you're a player, you're a businessman. Plain and simple. Agent or no agent, as a player, you should know what you're signing and be smart enough to say, "Whoa, you're screwing me here." If TO didn't notice that his contract was end heavy, he should have no signed it. It's his own fault and TO should do the "honorable" thing and stop bitching.

It makes me sick to think that $3.25M per year (not including bonuses) is no where near enough. Normal people work their entire lives and don't make that much. Someone would have to work 40 years, making $81,250 per year in order to make $3.25M in a working lifetime.

April 15th, 2005, 8:17 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

3+million is an exorbiant amount of money and its not like TO is short of cash to begin with. If he were a real team player, he would accept the "low" salary and let his team use the cap space for someone else.

April 15th, 2005, 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

From what I here the Eagles are one of the more tough teams about renegotiating. Yes he is the best WR most likely or at least one of the best. But who else in the NFL gets to pick what team they go to? He made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

He flubbed his FA filing date last summer and then demanded trading and then was dealt to Baltimore and then whined his way out of that :roll:

How many times should a person be allowed "Do Overs" for the mistakes and decisions they have made?

Last edited by theAlphaMale on April 15th, 2005, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 15th, 2005, 9:01 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Amen Brother Conversion.

3+million is an exorbiant amount of money and its not like TO is short of cash to begin with. If he were a real team player, he would accept the "low" salary and let his team use the cap space for someone else.

EXACTLY!!! Like all the other players in the league taking salary hits due to cap trouble and having to restructure many players salaries! I was reading the other day (can't remember who) took a salary hit of almost $3M per year to help out his team because they were strapped for cash.

From Fanball: Although he signed a seven-year contract last year, he doesn't feel the deal is consistent with his value. "I know I'm a top player in the game, and my current contract doesn't justify that," Owens told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Wednesday. "The fact that I signed this contract, that I'm under contract, doesn't factor into anything when it comes to the National Football League. (The Eagles) can cut me anytime they want to, even if I'm performing well, I'm healthy, and I'm putting up numbers just because they don't want to pay a player that money. If they can do what's best for their financial future, then why can't I?"

April 15th, 2005, 9:01 am
Hall of Fame Player

"(The Eagles) can cut me anytime they want to, even if I'm performing well..."

Yes, TO... you moron!! And that clause would be in the contract you signed!! Therefore, you agreed to a contract that allows them to cut you whenever they want and now you want out of it. You make me sick.

Guess what...

Eagles | Owens' Days in Philadelphia Numbered? - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:42:08 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, Stephen A. Smith, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens made it clear he wants to remain with the Eagles and catch touchdown passes from QB Donovan McNabb. However, he also made it clear he wants a new contract and to be a top-10 paid player in the game. Owens feels the Eagles used leverage against him a year ago when he signed a long-term deal because they knew he wanted to leave the Baltimore Ravens to join them. And now, after a very solid season, he is going to use his leverage to his advantage. While he is saying it is not about him being "greedy" or "selfish," he said he is a top player in the game and his "current contract doesn't justify that." He went on to note that his signing of the contract and being under contract does not factor into anything because the Eagles, for any reason they want, can cut him at any time not to pay him. Owens said he cannot let it just go. Eagles coach Andy Reid went to Owens saying that when he signed the contract, he promised he would not cause any problems. Owens said he had to let him know this is not a problem; it is a misunderstanding because it is all about business. It would appear Owens' days in Philadelphia are numbered.

April 15th, 2005, 9:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

From what I here the Eagles are one of the more tough teams about renegotiating.

The Eagles have never renegotiated a deal one year into it. Could Owens be the first? I personally don't think so and think he'll be ousted.

Another WR could be picked up in the draft with their 13 (?) selections. If a stud WR falls to #10, could they be looking to trade up? That would only a be sweet deal for the Lions.

April 15th, 2005, 9:47 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Is it that Stephen A. Smith?

Don't believe a word he says, Piston Hater.

April 15th, 2005, 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Is it that Stephen A. Smith?

Don't believe a word he says, Piston Hater.

I love Stephen A.

He isn't afraid to speak his mind... and he is right...

April 15th, 2005, 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Negative...he is Drew Sharp given too much attention :roll:

April 15th, 2005, 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I say screw him. Pay him what the contract states. No-one made him sign the contract he has now. He got where he wanted to go, had to have a 7 year deal, now play it out!!!

His agent says that he isn't in the top 10 highest paid receivers in the game with a salary of only $3 mil and some change, and that he has out-played the current contract. News flash: if he has a down year he isn't going to ask them to take the money back!! And I guess that his agent doesn't take into account that he got paid over $13 mil last year including his signing bonus.

April 15th, 2005, 11:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next