View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Terrell Owens Deserves a New Deal 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I hope Philly sues him, but dont trade him. Make him sit his cry baby rectum at home, and not play. It would be nice to have a season without that idiot. He signed a contract 1 year ago, he should have known then if it wasnt going to be any good for him. He made his bed, by whining and complaining, let him lay in it.

There would be NO way I would accept TO on the Lions, I wouldnt trade him for a used jockstrap. Rot in Philly ya loser

May 10th, 2005, 7:42 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I hope Philly sues him, but dont trade him. Make him sit his cry baby rectum at home, and not play. It would be nice to have a season without that idiot. He signed a contract 1 year ago, he should have known then if it wasnt going to be any good for him. He made his bed, by whining and complaining, let him lay in it....

I agree!!

As I think about this...

Can someone explain what it was that Tampa Bay did to shut down Keyshawn Johnson a few years back. Some technicality allowed them to sideline him, not pay him and they ended up trading him at the end of the season.

I can't remember the details or the technical advantages and disadvantages to the team. This might be the solution for TO.

Does anyone recall this?

And BTY,

upnorthlion wrote:
There would be NO way I would accept TO on the Lions, I wouldnt trade him for a used jockstrap. Rot in Philly ya loser

This is a visual I hadn't anticipated thinking about.

:puke:

May 10th, 2005, 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles will not renegotiate the contract of star wide receiver Terrell Owens, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Wednesday.

Owens fired longtime agent David Joseph in April, hired Drew Rosenhaus and started asking for a renegotiation just one year into a seven-year deal worth almost $49 million.

The Eagles have intimated they wouldn't redo the contract, and owner Lurie told the newspaper, "It's not even an issue."

"It's a non-issue," Lurie said. "There are a lot of things I spend time thinking about, but that's not one of them."

Lurie criticized Owens' new agent for giving him "self-destructive advice."

Owens, reached at his offseason home in Atlanta, declined to comment.

Rosenhaus also declined to respond. "My policies are not to comment, so I have no comment," Rosenhaus said.

Owens skipped the Eagles' mandatory minicamp April 29, in a holdout that could extend into training camp, which starts in late July.

"I know I'm a top player in the game, and my current contract doesn't justify that," Owens had said after hiring Rosenhaus.

"Every player is both fragile and talented," said Lurie, who was traveling Wednesday with NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue to a conference of chief executive officers in Beijing.

"Unfortunately, we're seeing around the league certain agents who take advantage of the fragility of the players, and are less worried about their continued success and stability than acting self destructively. It's too bad," he said.

Asked if he expects Owens to be with the Eagles next season, Lurie said, "If he wants to win a Super Bowl, he should be."

"At this level, with multimillions [of dollars], you're just trying to leave a legacy and win Super Bowls, as far as I am concerned. And he's got a great opportunity," Lurie said.

May 11th, 2005, 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

I don't think he could have handled any better.

May 11th, 2005, 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Rosenhaus and the Postons are the worst agents, and players just keep hiring them. I simply can't understand why these athletes allow their agents to run their lives and careers like this.

May 11th, 2005, 2:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post The Saga Continues
Quote:
McNabb confident with or without T.O.

PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb is confident the Philadelphia Eagles can win the Super Bowl without Terrell Owens.

"I feel that if he plays or not, we definitely have a chance of making it to the Super Bowl and winning it," McNabb said Wednesday, one day after owner Jeffery Lurie said the team won't redo Owens' contract. "That's nothing against T.O. and it's nothing against anybody else. I just feel confident in the guys that we have. With T.O., I think we can do a lot of great things. Without him, I still think we can do a lot of good things."

Owens, the All-Pro wide receiver who helped the Eagles reach the Super Bowl last season, skipped a mandatory minicamp last month because he wants to renegotiate the seven-year deal worth almost $49 million he signed in March 2004.

Owens' new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined comment Wednesday. Rosenhaus also refused to say whether Owens plans to hold out of training camp, which starts in late July.

In his first season in Philadelphia after eight years with the San Francisco 49ers, the flashy Owens set team records with 14 touchdown receptions and seven 100-yard games, and finished with 77 catches for 1,200 yards.

He broke his leg and severely sprained his right ankle in Week 15 against Dallas, an injury that sidelined him until the Super Bowl. Owens had nine catches for 122 yards after defying his doctor's advice and playing in the Eagles' 24-21 loss to New England.

McNabb, who lobbied hard for the Eagles to acquire Owens, had his best season last year, throwing for 3,875 yards and 31 TDs while earning his fifth consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl.

"It was something that we all felt we could have benefited from; having a guy like T.O. over here to do a great job for us," said McNabb, who spoke to reporters after shooting a television commercial. "I think it will continue on. The sky is the limit of how far we can really go with having a guy like T.O., not only for me, but for this team. It's exciting to know what we're capable of doing when we're out on that field."

McNabb said he expects Owens to play for the Eagles this year.

"He has a contract," McNabb said. "There is desire to have more money and there is the desire to lose money. That would at least give you the motivation to get back out there on that field.

"When you sign your name on the dotted line, that's your deal, and that's a decision you have to make."

McNabb said his relationship with Owens isn't strained, though the teammates took verbal shots at each other in the offseason.

"I wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl," Owens told ESPN.com, a thinly veiled reference to the fact some Eagles players said McNabb was so ill in the fourth quarter against the Patriots that he couldn't call one play in the huddle.

McNabb has denied he was sick or tired in the game, and responded sternly to Owens' comments on the first day of minicamp.

"Just keep my name out of your mouth," McNabb said. "Don't try to throw names or guys under the bus to better yourself. You never heard me say any names in any situation. You never heard me talk about any given players. I'm the guy to be professional and be a man about things."

Associated Press via ESPN.com

May 11th, 2005, 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

I agree that Terrell Owens is whiner, that his deal probably shouldn't be seriously re-worked so early, and that he's not the type of guy I would invite over to dinner.

That said, I think the Eagles are kidding themselves if they think that they can go back to the Super Bowl next year and beat a team like the Patriots without Terrell Owens. You don't win Super Bowls in the year 2006 with Todd Pinkston as your #1 receiver. Last year Donovan McNabb went from posting very Joey Harrington-like numbers to making the Pro Bowl. While some of that can be attributed to McNabb's work in the off-season on accuracy, you've got to believe that Owens was a huge factor.

Some of this might be strategic posturing by the Eagles right now. However, if they do get rid of Terrell Owens, sharpie or no, they will sorely regret it.

May 12th, 2005, 1:15 am
Hall of Fame Player

You make great points about posturing and making it to the superbowl.

I think that what could be happening is posturing on both sides. At the end of the day however, the Eagles can't give in to this or everyone will do it. Every player that has a breakout year and / or plays above their contract will hold a gun to the face of their team.

There's an ESPN poll this morning about:

Where will TO begin the season?

A) Philly.
B) At his home
C) Some other team.

I think "C" can't possibly happen; which leaves it to Philly or Home. The first one in this negotiation to blink - Loses.

TO will lose this gambit. He'll run out of money before Lurie will. And if this ever gets to court - TO is in breach of contract and will lose. AND remember this - if he has to pay back money - he ALSO has to pay back the share that the agents already earned!! (Barry Sanders did and so will Ricky Williams). That is money spent. His net / net on the deal is he loses big. And Rosenhaus will get a rep for letting it happen.

TO will play in Philly or watch games from TV somewhere. Either way, 25 years from now he'll be another broke ex-athlete because he's greedy and stupid - and that's a bad combination.

May 12th, 2005, 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Eagles | Rosenhaus Talks T.O. - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 12 May 2005 17:48:02 -0700

During an interview Thursday, May 12, on ESPNews, agent Drew Rosenhaus said he is hopeful Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie will change his mind about WR Terrell Owens' contract situation. He said it was still early and that he and Owens are taking things day-to-day. Rosenhaus said he has "too much respect for the Eagles" to take the negotiations public. The agent would not say what type of deal he wants, but he is looking for something good for both sides.

----------------

Right! I believe that. :roll:

May 15th, 2005, 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Actually, its in TO's interests to keep a relitivly low cap number so the Eagles can surround him with talent. He just doesn't see that. What a moron. :roll:

May 15th, 2005, 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I can't imagine TO sitting out in the regular season. First it would cost him a ton of money. Even more importent is the fact that he's going into his 10th season and is in elite playing shape RIGHT NOW, that may no longer be the case in a few years. It would just be such a stupid thing for him to do (even for him). The big question in my mind is how he'll behave when he does finally decide to come to work. Have fun Philly :roll:

I have to admit it would be fun to see him traded to...the Radiers! I know there's no way that would happen, but Moss and TO on the same team!?! hat16.gif Even better is that the two don't seem to like each other much. new_argue.gif Again, it would never happen...but if it did you just know it would be the Raiders. :P

May 15th, 2005, 10:07 pm
Hall of Fame Player

...I have to admit it would be fun to see him traded to...the Radiers! I know there's no way that would happen, but Moss and TO on the same team!?! hat16.gif Even better is that the two don't seem to like each other much...

What a series of stories this would be. The two biggest asses in the NFL on one team.

It sounds like another Dumb and Dumber movie to me.

May 16th, 2005, 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3