View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 7:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Crazy Washington-Strikes Again! 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Crazy Washington-Strikes Again!
They trade away two picks and next year's first in a much deeper draft for Denver's late first rounder.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8401083

Denver is just pummeling these guys. Where is Butch when you need him?

We could have pulled Brian's trade out of this draft scenario with these guys if they had kicked in another pick.

April 19th, 2005, 7:39 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

What a bunch of morons.

Wost Owner ever.

April 19th, 2005, 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Wow, that's worse than what the Vikes do on draft day...

April 19th, 2005, 8:31 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Next year is anticipated to be a stronger draft and now they won't have a first round pick in it. All I can say is I'm glad Washington is in the National Conference.

April 19th, 2005, 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Post Re: Crazy Washington-Strikes Again!
Yorick wrote:
We could have pulled Brian's trade out of this draft scenario with these guys if they had kicked in another pick.

That's what I was thinking...

Denver made a spectacular move... getting assuredly a higher first rounder in a stronger draft next year. Also getting a 3rd and 4th round pick, brilliant!

If Washington would have offered me a second round pick in addition to that deal, for the 10th pick, I would have taken that trade.

April 19th, 2005, 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

A move like this makes sense only when you believe that you're 2 players away from making it to the Superbowl. Maybe I missed something but I don't see any way that's going to happen for Washington this year unless maybe they somehow draft Spiderman and the Hulk.

The more I think about it this is so good for Denver and so bad for Washington.

April 19th, 2005, 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

--------------

Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 1:01 AM

Redskins Make Draft Trade -- More to Come

Tuesday afternoon the Washington Redskins made a trade with Denver that gave the Redskins Denver's first-round pick Saturday -- No. 25 overall. More picks are involved, but that's not the important part. It doesn't make sense for a team to trade on Tuesday for the 25th pick. No team can target who will be avaiable at No. 25 four days before the draft. Deals of that kind are made on draft day, with the clock ticking - the way the Lions traded twice last year with Cleveland and Kansas City. Something more must be happening here. Has to be. Washington also has the ninth pick. With No. 9 and No. 25, Washington has some ammunition to make another move. There must be a player Washington wants -- maybe a quarterback? Last year, the Redskins traded for Mark Brunell, and he flopped. Patrick Ramsey hasn't shown anything in three years as a pro. Maybe Washington has its eye on Alex Smith of Utah, or Aaron Rodgers of California. Signing their draft pick is an issue for the 49ers. Redskins Owner Dan Snyder doesn't worry about laying out cash. He'll pay whatever it takes to sign a rookie quarterback. All of this is part of the draft's intrigue. Take nothing at face value. Believe nothing. In Washiington's case, there has to be another move coming -- if Washington can pull it off.

----------

I think this is very plausible.

April 20th, 2005, 6:40 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Wow, yeah, that makes no sense-I mean Snyder sense. Win now with a project 20 year old quarterback? This lacks all the logic of a typical Snyder move. Perhaps, we can charitbly say he is after Edwards. At least that way he gets a talented player that can help right away, even if he is not a big game and crunch time producer.

April 20th, 2005, 7:02 am
RIP Killer

I was thinking about this and Cleveland is prime to take a QB in the second if they don't take a QB in the first. Look for Cleveland to move up with Seattle to take Campbell or look for GB to take him. Horrible move on Washington's part. If they were smart, they would have waited until Denver was on the clock and know whether or not Campbell is still available!!!

April 20th, 2005, 10:31 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Dan Snyder need to get his head out of his rectum and realize that he knows poop about the NFL, thats why you hired Joe Gibbs you f8cking retard!!

Michael Huff for DROY

April 20th, 2005, 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Dan Snyder need to get his head out of his rectum and realize that he knows poop about the NFL, thats why you hired Joe Gibbs you f8cking retard!!

He is an idiot. I'd say Dr. York edges him out for worst owner though bduh.gif

April 20th, 2005, 9:45 pm
League MVP

campbell will def be on the board at 25 but what the hell are they thinking. ramsey is a tough SOB with a huge arm, get him a line and someone to throw too. dont waste the pick on another two years of development...

April 22nd, 2005, 4:45 pm
RIP Killer

campbell will def be on the board at 25 but what the hell are they thinking. ramsey is a tough SOB with a huge arm, get him a line and someone to throw too. dont waste the pick on another two years of development...

I agree. But then again, it's the 'Skins...

April 22nd, 2005, 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]