View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 10:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Turdnals new unis 
League MVP

If the Cards add a big time runner on game day they will be a kick rectum team. They may be able to trade for Henry who is a tough runner and add some defensive help. I think that they might have a shot at either Cadillac Williams or Cedrick Benson if they stay put. Williams, IMO is the best RB in this draft and can change their team dramatically. BTW Shipp is better than Pinner and Bryson. Dennis Green is king of making the playoffs with no defense and seemingly washed up quarterbacks. I can see the Cards winning their division if the Seahawks underachieve again...

April 22nd, 2005, 11:21 am
Site Admin

Dennise Green is the king of making the playoffs...with Minnesota. This is the Cardinals and they did use like 4 QBs last season. Shipp is a backup. But I do think their division is weak but so is ours to some extent. Seattle may lose Alexander which would hurt them IMO. I guess I just don't see the Atlanta connection but I know Brian will come in and school me here :wink:

April 22nd, 2005, 11:35 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Seattle will be a lot better next year, if Alexander stays. If they lose him, they'll go 9-7. If he stays they'll go 11-5. They're a good team.

April 22nd, 2005, 1:19 pm
QB Coach

You have a couple nice young receivers but Anquan Boldins production went dramatically down.

Boldin's production went down for a variety of reasons, the first being offensive coordinator Alex Wood, who was abruptly fired. Wood never called downfield plays, ran a conservative offense, and didn't use Boldin to his potential. He also wasn't an unknown this year. The receivers had 3 different quarterbacks throwing balls to them... John Navarre? Shaun King? Are you serious? Anquan was also hurt for the first 6 games of the season, and even when he came back, he wasn't 100%. He should rebound, Fitz isn't a rookie anymore, this positnion shold be better.

theAlphaMale wrote:
You have Marcel Ship as your running back :shock:

I guarantee you that as of Sunday, the Cardinals will have their starting runningback. And it won't be Marcel Shipp. So we won't talk about it. We will wait and see.

theAlphaMale wrote:
You lost Freddie Jones your stud TE and now have a nobody there as well.

Freddie Jones was FAR from a stud TE... i'd like to see how Eric Edwards does... I really think that if Alex Smith is there with our 2nd round pick, we will take him... or Heath Miller, but he won't slip out of the first. Green is in love with Stanford alums... he signed 3 players off their team last year.

theAlphaMale wrote:
And the lions didn't even want Kurt Warner here. So their QB is a Lions castoff :shock:

Actually, the Lions (Millen) wanted Warner... but Warner didn't want to go to an organization that wasn't going to make him the starter. It was a golden situation that he could go to in Arizona... he could play and beat his old team (the Rams), has great weapons, and should be effective in the vertical offense Green and Rowen want to run.

theAlphaMale wrote:
They also picked up Chike Okeafor but those were the only significant FA signings IMO.

Orlando Huff was signed to provide competition at the MLB position with Gerald Hayes. Oliver Ross is a damn significant roster addition at RT. That position was poor all season for the Cardinals. His mean streak and leadership as well as run blocking specialty will be a welcome addition. At #10, they are primed to land a starting runningback or cornerback, as well.

theAlphaMale wrote:
I guess I don't see it and really do not see the Atlanta connection. I hope they do well because I know you like them and I could care less about the other teams in their division but I do not see them as being there yet.

The Atlanta connection was just a joke, because their uniforms are ripoffs of the Falcons, same design, same colors, etc.

theAlphaMale wrote:
Draftwise they could pick up a badly needed RB but you never no if other teams are going to snatch up Ronnie Brown, C.Benson, and Carnell fast cause seriously all 7 teams before Zona could use one although they may have a more pressing need.

If the 3 runningbacks are gone, I can guarantee you that the pick for the Cardinals is Carlos Rogers. That is exactly what I am hearing. I think, personally, that Benson goes to Chicago at #4. Brown and Cadillac, you don't know where they are ending. One could go to TB at #5. Minnesota may take one of them. I don't think Miami stays at #2 to take a RB, if they do, I think they go Braylon. Most likely, there will be a RB at #8 for the Cardinals. It won't be Benson, though, whom they have highly rated.

They can still get a RB in the later rounds. J.J. Arrington could be a solid third rounder. They could, as you said, make that trade for Henry. I don't see that happening. I also don't see 3 RBs going before them, unless one goes to Minnesota, but they are enamored with Troy Williamson.

April 22nd, 2005, 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

BTW - The bet would be something in our signatures acknowledging our inferiority to the other poster.

April 22nd, 2005, 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

BTW - The bet would be something in our signatures acknowledging our inferiority to the other poster.

Sounds good to me, now I"ve just got to see if I can think of something.....

April 22nd, 2005, 4:38 pm
RIP Killer

Brian, I think your post could simply say "BIOTCH!" Good post though.

April 22nd, 2005, 6:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2