View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 NFL Predictions 
RIP Killer

Post NFL Predictions
Please keep all NFL related predictions here.

Superbowl predictions: Lions vs. Browns! :lol:

September 3rd, 2009, 10:12 am
Modmin Dude

Post Re: NFL Predictions
steensn wrote:

Browns??? Never!!!!

It's going to be a Lions vs Bengals Super Bowl!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

September 3rd, 2009, 10:46 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Dang it people, its going to be a senile battle between Cowboys and Raiders.

September 3rd, 2009, 1:26 pm
RIP Killer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09 ... id=4446985

Quote:
With all the excitement created by Brett Favre going to Minnesota, Jay Cutler going to Chicago and Matt Ryan emerging as a budding star in Atlanta, I'm starting to wonder if the NFC has finally caught up to or surpassed the AFC as a conference.
Any questions?
Have a question for John Clayton? Connect with him here.

The AFC hasn't lost to the NFC in interconference play in 13 years. The AFC has won seven of the past nine Super Bowls. The reason for the edge has been the quarterbacks. It's hard to beat Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning and others in the postseason. The AFC had the edge on defense by being ahead of the curve in the switch to a 3-4 defense.
But the NFC has made incredible strides. I look at 10 potential playoff teams in the NFC East, South and North as being the teams that could carry the NFC banner over the AFC in interconference competition this year. The NFC East is playing the AFC West. It would be stunning if the Giants, Redskins, Eagles and Cowboys don't go 11-1 or 12-0 against Denver, Oakland and Kansas City.

The NFC North is more formidable with Aaron Rodgers, Favre and Cutler in the division. The NFC North plays the AFC North. That's quietly a great battle because the AFC North has Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco and Carson Palmer. Finally, the NFC South has Ryan, Drew Brees and Jake Delhomme going against the AFC East. With the exception of Brady, the NFC South appears to have a slight quarterback edge in those matchups.

It's not that the NFC has surpassed the AFC at the top. They probably haven't. But the conference is deeper in quarterbacks. Plus, the AFC has more potentially bad teams -- Oakland, Denver, Kansas City, Jacksonville and maybe Cleveland -- than the NFC, which has the Rams, Lions and Bucs.

Here are the 10 top questions heading into the NFL regular season.

More in the story.

September 7th, 2009, 1:56 pm
Veteran General Manager

Just a wild stab in the dark here. But, I think it could happen either this off season or next.

The Vikings are moved to either LA or London.

I think the other NFL owners are rather POed about the Starcaps situation and will force the Vikings move. It can happen. The League forced (I can't remember the guys name), Former owner of the Patriots, to sell the team after he made some sexist comments about women reporters in the locker room.

Anyway, they want a team in LA and London. Expansion teams won't cut it in either location. LA will need an existing team to move there to draw the crowds. The Vikings would be the perfect fit following in the steps of the Lakers who originally played in Minnesota.

I think the NFL would then issue an edict to Minnesota. Do you ever want an NFL expansion team? " amend that law to exempt professional athletes".

October 31st, 2009, 3:03 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

steensn wrote:

You got close.

To Steal Slys line, don't you mean the Suh-per Bowl.

October 31st, 2009, 6:29 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Bubbles the Lion

I really doubt an NFL team will exist in London. The team would be at such a disadvantage and would mess us the scheduling for the whole league. Sure aging Wembley stadium can sell out once a year, but not 8 times a season. They will put a team in LA first. They are going to build a new stadium soon and it will work this time.

The reason the NFL didn't work before was because the Coliseum could never sell out so the majority of the games so most games were blacked out. Also, the Coliseum lacked luxury boxes which is where NFL owners make big bucks through the season. Not to mention the old facilities there. A new stadium will make it work.

Minnesota, Jacksonville, Oakland and San Diego are the top candidates. If Minny, SD and Oakland can build new stadiums, cross them off the list. The next decade a team will play in LA. Its just a matter of who.

March 7th, 2010, 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

5 worst teams in the NFL next season:

Buffalo
St. Louis
Tampa Bay
Chicago
Cleveland

Super bowl:
Jets vs. Vikings

April 25th, 2010, 8:34 am
NFL Team Captain

Blueskies wrote:
5 worst teams in the NFL next season:

Buffalo
St. Louis
Tampa Bay
Chicago
Cleveland

Super bowl:
Jets vs. Vikings

You might replace the Browns with the Broncos.

April 25th, 2010, 1:47 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I hate to say it, but Ravens vs. Cowboys in the Super Bowl. You know that Jerry Jones is going to do everything possible at the trade deadline to ensure that the Cowgirls will play in the Super Bowl at their home stadium.

April 27th, 2010, 10:42 am
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:
I hate to say it, but Ravens vs. Cowboys in the Super Bowl. You know that Jerry Jones is going to do everything possible at the trade deadline to ensure that the Cowgirls will play in the Super Bowl at their home stadium.

It won't happen as long as they have Romo as their QB

April 27th, 2010, 11:50 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Ravens vs. Saints

May 15th, 2010, 11:00 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re:
Lions Sasquatch wrote:
Minnesota, Jacksonville, Oakland and San Diego are the top candidates. If Minny, SD and Oakland can build new stadiums, cross them off the list. The next decade a team will play in LA. Its just a matter of who.

It's going to be the Raiders moving to Los Angles because the Raiders will get more fans in LA.

Super bowl prediction will be.....
Vikings (if Farve comes back, if he doesn't come back then there no where near going to the super bowl) vs Jets

In a couple years the Detroit Lions will be in the super bowl! :cheers:

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 16th, 2010, 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

Post Re: Re:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Lions Sasquatch wrote:

It's going to be the Raiders moving to Los Angles because the Raiders will get more fans in LA.

Super bowl prediction will be.....
Vikings (if Farve comes back, if he doesn't come back then there no where near going to the super bowl) vs Jets

In a couple years the Detroit Lions will be in the super bowl! :cheers:

I doubt any of those three will end up leaving their respective cities. LA can support 2 teams if done right and all three of them are doing pretty well attendance wise.

The Jaguars will be in LA within 5 years. The owners are trying to keep it viable there but it is just not working out.

May 18th, 2010, 2:30 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I see Vikings (if Favre comes back) vs Ravens

May 20th, 2010, 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next