View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 9:13 pm



Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 NFL Predictions 
Author Message
Pop Warner Allstar
User avatar

Joined: May 12th, 2009, 9:04 am
Posts: 144
Post Re: Re:
Topweasel wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Lions Sasquatch wrote:
Minnesota, Jacksonville, Oakland and San Diego are the top candidates. If Minny, SD and Oakland can build new stadiums, cross them off the list. The next decade a team will play in LA. Its just a matter of who.


It's going to be the Raiders moving to Los Angles because the Raiders will get more fans in LA.

Super bowl prediction will be.....
Vikings (if Farve comes back, if he doesn't come back then there no where near going to the super bowl) vs Jets

In a couple years the Detroit Lions will be in the super bowl! :cheers:


I doubt any of those three will end up leaving their respective cities. LA can support 2 teams if done right and all three of them are doing pretty well attendance wise.

The Jaguars will be in LA within 5 years. The owners are trying to keep it viable there but it is just not working out.


It's true. Jacksonville is a terrible market for a football team. The Jaguars aren't bad and they still have (i'm pretty sure, correct me if i'm wrong) the worst attendance in the NFL.

_________________
Image
The Gridiron Growl
- Where phenomenawesomeness breathes...
- Now on Facebook!


June 22nd, 2010, 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: NFL Predictions
It is SOOO smart to get a team to LA. Seriously... Jacksonville vs LA market... seriously...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 22nd, 2010, 2:08 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Allstar
User avatar

Joined: May 12th, 2009, 9:04 am
Posts: 144
Post Re: NFL Predictions
steensn wrote:
It is SOOO smart to get a team to LA. Seriously... Jacksonville vs LA market... seriously...


exactly. It's ridiculous to not have a team in such a huge market. (i.e. LA) Furthermore, it's ridiculous to HAVE a team in such a small market. (i.e. Jacksonville)

Unless of course that team has a lot of history. (i.e. Green Bay)
But Jacksonville was an expansion team. Just stupid to put them there.

_________________
Image
The Gridiron Growl
- Where phenomenawesomeness breathes...
- Now on Facebook!


June 22nd, 2010, 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: NFL Predictions
Yeah, it was a nice try, attempting to get some more of the Florida market. But LA still has a loyal fanbase. Raider nation is still thriving here. So it isn't a total loss of a market, just a huge money making opportunity NOT being taken advantage of.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 22nd, 2010, 2:19 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Allstar
User avatar

Joined: May 12th, 2009, 9:04 am
Posts: 144
Post Re: NFL Predictions
steensn wrote:
Yeah, it was a nice try, attempting to get some more of the Florida market. But LA still has a loyal fanbase. Raider nation is still thriving here. So it isn't a total loss of a market, just a huge money making opportunity NOT being taken advantage of.


True. I good thought by the NFL, but it's just hard to break into a market that's already loyal to the Miami Dolphins and the Florida Gators. Plus, it's not too far from the Atlanta market.

i'm predicting it will be within three years. Jacksonville to LA.

_________________
Image
The Gridiron Growl
- Where phenomenawesomeness breathes...
- Now on Facebook!


June 22nd, 2010, 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: NFL Predictions
GridironGrowl wrote:
steensn wrote:
It is SOOO smart to get a team to LA. Seriously... Jacksonville vs LA market... seriously...


exactly. It's ridiculous to not have a team in such a huge market. (i.e. LA) Furthermore, it's ridiculous to HAVE a team in such a small market. (i.e. Jacksonville)

Unless of course that team has a lot of history. (i.e. Green Bay)
But Jacksonville was an expansion team. Just stupid to put them there.


What's amazing is that when Jacksonville was awarded the franchise, they beat out Baltimore and St. Louis! Not sure how they managed to do that. Of course LA had a team at the time, so Jacksonville didn't beat out LA for a team.

The way things look now, I'd agree that Jacksonville is probably the team most likely to move and LA seems the logical destination.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


July 1st, 2010, 9:55 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: NFL Predictions
I guess the question would be why is it that LA can't seem to hold onto a football franchise? They've lost two (Rams and Raiders). I know it's not the fans. The city must be like Pontiac was with the Lions....do everything you can to get them to play there, then once they do, you basically ignore their needs. Good franchise cities take care of their teams rather than turn their backs on them.

I agree, Jacksonville needs to be moved pretty soon. LA is probably the most logical landing spot, but I would prefer they look to the Midwest first. I hate all teams associated with LA, and California in general.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


July 19th, 2010, 11:12 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7446
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: NFL Predictions
m2karateman wrote:
I guess the question would be why is it that LA can't seem to hold onto a football franchise? They've lost two (Rams and Raiders). I know it's not the fans. The city must be like Pontiac was with the Lions....do everything you can to get them to play there, then once they do, you basically ignore their needs. Good franchise cities take care of their teams rather than turn their backs on them.

I agree, Jacksonville needs to be moved pretty soon. LA is probably the most logical landing spot, but I would prefer they look to the Midwest first. I hate all teams associated with LA, and California in general.


I think there is just as many good reasons to put a team in London as there is to put one in LA. But, any team in London would have to be an established team. Not an expansion team.

I eventually see an equal number of teams in Europe as there is in the US and the Super Bowl will be a match up of the US Winner Vs. the European Winner. The Superbowl would probably be hosted by each continent on an alternating basis.


July 20th, 2010, 9:45 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: NFL Predictions
BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I guess the question would be why is it that LA can't seem to hold onto a football franchise? They've lost two (Rams and Raiders). I know it's not the fans. The city must be like Pontiac was with the Lions....do everything you can to get them to play there, then once they do, you basically ignore their needs. Good franchise cities take care of their teams rather than turn their backs on them.

I agree, Jacksonville needs to be moved pretty soon. LA is probably the most logical landing spot, but I would prefer they look to the Midwest first. I hate all teams associated with LA, and California in general.


I think there is just as many good reasons to put a team in London as there is to put one in LA. But, any team in London would have to be an established team. Not an expansion team.

I eventually see an equal number of teams in Europe as there is in the US and the Super Bowl will be a match up of the US Winner Vs. the European Winner. The Superbowl would probably be hosted by each continent on an alternating basis.


I don't see teams going to Europe for two reasons.

1. Travel time and costs. Teams in the United States wouldn't be happy about the costs of traveling to Europe, and the time it takes to get there would be inhibiting as well, giving the "home" team an unfair advantage beyond what exists today. And the idea of the team in Europe having to travel to the U.S. 8 times a year would quickly put that team in the poorhouse.

2. Fan support. NFL Europe failed partially because of the reduced interest by the fans in Europe. While they seemed to be excited at the beginning, attendance was slipping week after week. I can recall watching some games on TV where it looked like it was a practice because there was barely anyone in the stands.

I think the idea of having some games played in Europe once or twice a year is OK, because it becomes a rare "event" for the people there, and selling out the games would be easier. Also, both teams would have to deal with the travel, and therefore no unfair advantage to the home team in that regard.

It would be nice if the NFL could have another NFL Europe, or NFL Asia or something like that which is like a farm system for them. But the cost may be more than what can be endured.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


July 25th, 2010, 8:57 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7446
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: NFL Predictions
No. You misunderstood me.

The Europe league teams would only play teams from the Europe league. The Super Bowl would become a matchup of the NFL Champ vs the European champ.

And it has been stated many times that Europe wants football. They just didn't want it to be minor league football. So, if a European League were placed on the same level as the NFL, fans would attend. How much more level can you get than your champ vs our champ for the Lombardi Trophy?


July 25th, 2010, 8:47 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: NFL Predictions
more than 32 teams? holy cow. NHL expanded and it's been getting ridiculous. It's ok for baseball, because they play so many damn games. You put 40+ teams in a 16 week period and you're playing at least 3 more games on Sunday. There's already too many and people want more?

Talk about the death sentence of the NFL...

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


August 5th, 2010, 8:17 am
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post Re: NFL Predictions
I think the expansion of the season could be a precursor for another expansion team or two. LA will have a team within the decade. Where else, though, would they add another team? Las Vegas?

_________________
Forward down the field!


August 5th, 2010, 11:16 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7446
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: NFL Predictions
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I think the expansion of the season could be a precursor for another expansion team or two. LA will have a team within the decade. Where else, though, would they add another team? Las Vegas?


The NFL will never put a team in Las Vegas because of the gambling.

I think Columbus, OH. would be a candidate for their own team. San Antonio, TX. would be another candidate.


August 7th, 2010, 9:18 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: NFL Predictions
BillySims wrote:

I think Columbus, OH.


Ew, that would be a terrible idea...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 7th, 2010, 12:40 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7446
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: NFL Predictions
steensn wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I think Columbus, OH.


Ew, that would be a terrible idea...


Why would that be a terrible idea? Columbus is a major city that is more than big enough of a population to support it's own team. I know Ohio already has 2 teams with Cinci and Cleveland. But, I think it could handle a 3rd team.


August 7th, 2010, 1:02 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.