View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 11:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 F A V R E 

What about Brett?
He belongs! 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
He's old and broke, and needs to go 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 12

F A V R E 
National Champion

Post F A V R E
I really think we should stop calling him the Undecided. F A V R E proved that be belongs in the leauge. That was a sweet TD pass (yes, it was also a great catch). Let's give him some credit...

...I'm just sayin'.

September 30th, 2009, 8:42 am
Heisman Winner

Let me put it this way, he is definitely better than the vast majority of QBs in the league right now.

September 30th, 2009, 9:22 am
RIP Killer

He's good enough to lead an decent team to the superbowl if the right fit. He has lost a bit of the F.arve-ness but he is the PERFECT option for the Vikings if they wanted to take a run this year at the title. I hope they pull it off.

Last edited by steensn on September 30th, 2009, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 30th, 2009, 10:00 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Since you started a poll about him, I guess that makes you "undecided" as well, huh? j/k :lol:

Anyways, you know how the media likes to cram somebody or something down your throat over and over and over again until you eventually get sick of it? That's how I feel about F.avre. I just wish he'd go away so we wouldn't have to hear about him constantly.

September 30th, 2009, 10:06 am
RIP Killer

At least he shows a sense of humor in the Sears commercial.

September 30th, 2009, 12:10 pm
Modmin Dude

September 30th, 2009, 3:05 pm
RIP Killer

September 30th, 2009, 3:08 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

(1) He will FOREVER be known as the Undecided, on this site and in the real world. What he did was Primadonna bullshit to the Max. I dislike Farves Offseason Antics MORE than I ever disliked TOs in season antics, and that dude is a cancer.

(2) Even so, He is still a top 1/3rd QB in the League as long as he isnt injured, and I agree he was the perfect compliment for Min and I know why Childress sold out for him. If I didnt hate the vikes so much, I'd be rooting for them all the way to the Sbowl.

September 30th, 2009, 5:31 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Hey, Minnesota did what they needed to to coax him back into the league. That is not HIS antics, that is NFL teams antics trying to get a better QB on board. He retired in the situation he was in, a team changed that situation giving him a reason to come back. People are just made because it disrupts their FF ;)

September 30th, 2009, 7:34 pm
RIP Killer

Hey, Minnesota did what they needed to to coax him back into the league. That is not HIS antics, that is NFL teams antics trying to get a better QB on board. He retired in the situation he was in, a team changed that situation giving him a reason to come back. People are just made because it disrupts their FF ;)

I don't play FF, and it bothered me. Yes, Minnesota did what they had to. But the fact is, he's retired, not retired, un-re-retired, retired again, no I was just kidding not retired. What the Hell? And everytime he either retired or unretired, he had to have some damn press conference.

Bus Cook is the big issue here. He's an bunghole for an agent, no different than Eugene Parker, in my book. Cook was trying to get the maximum amount of money for Favre. Apparently Minnesota didn't offer him enough the first go round, so Brett decided he was "definitely retiring". Funny how something so definite lasted for such a short time.

I like him as a QB, but I don't like his media whore mentality.

September 30th, 2009, 7:48 pm
RIP Killer

Def retiring because Min wouldn't go hirer. Min changed their offering therefore changed the circumstances to which he already said he would play for. It is not like he came back for the same amount of money he was offered before. They changed their mind, not him.

September 30th, 2009, 7:54 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I hate FF. I have NO PROBLEM with what Minnesota did. Farve has done this 3 seasons in a row. It alsmost seemed intentional how much he messed with the packers. It is amazing that they turned out Ok despite his childish antics.

I think Farve was a Great QB. I now think hes a good QB.

I also think he is the most selfish, egocentric prima donna in Football since I began watching.

If hes not a headline for 2 weeks, he comes up with an excuse to get into the limelight. It is so obvious and repetative. Id swear he is the Mans man on the outside and a 14 year old girl on the inside.

I use to Love Farve. he was my favorite QB for years, so this is not some Anti Packer propaganda because he beat us for so many years.

All of the respect he gained from me by beating us (and others all those years) , he lost in the past 3 offseasons by being such a little bitch. PERIOD.

September 30th, 2009, 8:15 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Walk On

At least he shows a sense of humor in the Sears commercial.

That was actually mildly funny. Gota hand it to him. He's still got some left. I still dont think he'll make the whole season....

October 1st, 2009, 9:56 am
RIP Killer

March, 17, 2010
MAR 17
9:45
AM ET
Comment Email Print Share
By Kevin Seifert
Thank goodness for honesty and Joe Montana.

In an interview with Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles.com, the Hall of Fame quarterback voiced what many of us have long thought about Minnesota's future with quarterback Brett Favre.

Favre

Montana
"He says he's not sure [about playing] because he doesn't want to go to training camp," Montana said. "He's smart. I'm sure he already has that agreement with them. Nine chances out of 10 they already know and they've already had this whole conversation and they should just let everybody know because they know he's going to come back.

"He knows he's going to come back, but the reason they don't say anything is because he doesn't want to go through training camp. If he didn't have to go through training camp, his decision would already be made, but he should know by now going to training camp isn't going to be hard. They'd never make it hard on him."

The Vikings could only make it so easy. No matter what his physical requirements were, Favre would still have to spend three weeks in a college dormitory about 90 minutes south of the Twin Cities. I'm guessing that's not his idea of a good time.

Favre never admitted to the grand conspiracy we all suspected: That he signed with Minnesota in mid-August largely because the Vikings had already broken camp. But he did note late in the season that, if anything, missing camp had helped preserve his health and stamina.

Favre met earlier this month with coach Brad Childress, and to this point the Vikings are not known to have made any calls or inquiries to suggest they were looking for a replacement. The official public stance is that Favre will announce his decision when he's ready. But if he does play, it's hard to imagine the Vikings forcing him to attend camp after setting last year's precedent.

His performance last year rendered the question largely moot.

"It's easy once you know an offense and have been there for so many years," Montana said. "All you really need is a couple quarters in a [preseason] game and to get hit a couple times to get back in tune. You can get a lot of the other stuff in practices. It's just getting used to that movement and feel of the game. You can easily do it if you've played enough years."

Agreed. And thank you, Joe Montana, for lending some credibility to this issue.

March 17th, 2010, 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]