View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 KC getting Surtain afterall? 
RIP Killer

Post KC getting Surtain afterall?
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8409027

April 22nd, 2005, 12:02 pm
RIP Killer

I don't know if I would have done that if I was Nick Saban. They can get a good CB at 46, but not a great one. Then again, who knows? Saban's a smart guy and is making some drastic changes to that team. They'll be good in a few years. Losing Surtain hurts though.

April 22nd, 2005, 1:21 pm
RIP Killer

I don't know if I would have done that if I was Nick Saban. They can get a good CB at 46, but not a great one. Then again, who knows? Saban's a smart guy and is making some drastic changes to that team. They'll be good in a few years. Losing Surtain hurts though.

They still have Sam Madison, and losing Surtains engorged salary helps more than anything. They have Reggie Howard or last years 4th round steal Will Poole to step in for Surtain. Their recouping the second round pick will allow Miami to feel comfortable either trading down in round one or taking whatever QB San Fran doesn't take and still be able to land a pretty good back in rounds two or three should one fall to them. It may also allow them to stay put at number two and take Braylon Edwards since their receiving corps needs improvement as well. Saban had a long talk with Lloyd Carr after the completion of Michigans Pro Day this year.

April 22nd, 2005, 4:07 pm
League MVP

Saban knows that the quickest way to get his team competing is the running game. I expect them to grab a RB in rd1. If he's smart about it he can trade back and grab the most dynamic runner cadillac williams who might slide past pick #10.

April 22nd, 2005, 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]