View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bills New Coaching Search (Bills Fire Jauron) 
Pro Bowl Player

Grimm is the offensive version of Marinelli.

January 11th, 2010, 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Schottenheimer decides not to interview with Bills
Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2010 11:22 AM ET
Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who acted for a while like a hurt bunny when Rex Ryan was hired to be the Jets head coach a year ago, has decided that he wants to stay in New York.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN (at least once a week I still find myself starting to type "of NFL Network"), Schottenheimer will not interview for the head-coaching job in Buffalo, before or after the season ends.

Schottenheimer apparently believes that future head-coaching opportunities will come.

And for more on this point, we yield the remainder of our time to Jason Garrett.

January 13th, 2010, 1:34 pm

I don't believe that's really the case. Grimm is an assistant coach from what I understand, and Pitt. did that on purpose so teams couldn't offer him a coordinator spot. I don't believe Marinelli ever had that kind of respect or protection. I could be wrong about that, but Grimm seems much more professional, well spoke, and much less of a dolt. I was one of the very few that couldn't stand Marinelli when we first hired him. I was told that I was wrong about him, and that I needed to give him a chance to see what he could do. I repeatedly called for him to be fired and have this sh!tstorm end. Marinelli always came across like a company line toting dolt that said the right things and had NO substance behind it. Grimm doesn't strike me as being that type of guy.

January 13th, 2010, 7:37 pm
RIP Killer

lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:

I don't believe that's really the case. Grimm is an assistant coach from what I understand, and Pitt. did that on purpose so teams couldn't offer him a coordinator spot. I don't believe Marinelli ever had that kind of respect or protection. I could be wrong about that, but Grimm seems much more professional, well spoke, and much less of a dolt. I was one of the very few that couldn't stand Marinelli when we first hired him. I was told that I was wrong about him, and that I needed to give him a chance to see what he could do. I repeatedly called for him to be fired and have this sh!tstorm end. Marinelli always came across like a company line toting dolt that said the right things and had NO substance behind it. Grimm doesn't strike me as being that type of guy.

Marinelli did have that protection when he was with the Bucs. He was the defensive line coach, but also held the title of assistant head coach. It seems odd that a line coach would have that "rank", but Gruden did that because he did not want to lose Marinelli to another team looking to make him a defensive coordinator. In order for a team to be able to interview and hire a coach under contract with another team, it MUST be for a promotion, not for a horizontal move. As an assistant coach, the only step up is head coach.

January 13th, 2010, 10:06 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:
lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:

Marinelli did have that protection when he was with the Bucs. He was the defensive line coach, but also held the title of assistant head coach. It seems odd that a line coach would have that "rank", but Gruden did that because he did not want to lose Marinelli to another team looking to make him a defensive coordinator. In order for a team to be able to interview and hire a coach under contract with another team, it MUST be for a promotion, not for a horizontal move. As an assistant coach, the only step up is head coach.

I knew about the horizontal move promotion, but I didn't realize that Marinelli had the distinction. Thanks for the clarification. The dood still seemed like a friggin' dolt from day 1.

January 13th, 2010, 10:30 pm
1st Round Pick

why is it no one wants this job? Talent wise i dont think the bills are in that bad of shape. It cant be worse then our situation here.

January 17th, 2010, 11:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2