View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Chris Henry suffers "very serious" injuries in car 
Modmin Dude

Post Chris Henry suffers "very serious" injuries in car
Quote:
Chris Henry suffers "very serious" injuries in car accident
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 5:45 PM ET
Bengals receiver Chris Henry has suffered "very serious" injuries in a car accident, according to a release from the team.

Henry is currently on injured reserve with a dislocated forearm. He was in Charlotte, North Carolina at the time of the accident. His girlfriend's parents live in Charlotte.

We'll update Henry's condition when more information is available. We wish Henry and his family all th

UPDATE: Charlotte police has confirmed Henry is injured, but did not reveal anything more.

UPDATE II: Henry is in serious condition in a Charlotte-area hospital. Bengals team spokesman Jack Brennan said the team is "on standby" to offer help for Henry's family.

UPDATE III: 700 WLW in Cincinnati cryptically tweets that "sources now say it doesn't look good." KY Post writes that "Preliminary reports indicate Henry may have also suffered severe head injuries."

While we wait for the facts to come out, we'd like to send our thoughts and best wishes to Henry and his family.

Quote:
Henry has "life-threatening" injuries after "domestic situation"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 6:25 PM ET
New information is rapidly coming out about Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry's serious car accident.

The Charlotte Observer reports that Henry is facing "life-threatening" injuries after falling out the back of a pickup truck in Charlotte Wednesday.

Police say Henry was involved in a "domestic situation" with his fiance. As Henry's fiance drove away from the home where the situation occurred, Henry jumped into the bed of the truck.

He fell out the back of the truck at some point after that and was found half a mile away.

We'll continue to update Henry's story as we learn more about his condition.

Quote:
Chris Henry is on life support
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 7:07 PM ET
Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer has confirmed with the Bengals and Charlotte police that wide receiver Chris Henry is still alive following a serious car accident Wednesday.

Still, the news surrounding Henry is not good.

Alex Marvez of Fox reports that Henry is on life support and the situation is being described as "dire."

A fake Twitter account led to multiple outlets from newspapers to major sports and news blogs to repeat information that Henry passed away.

The fake account purported to be by a Dallas Morning News reporter, but it clearly is a fake.

We previously passed along reports that Henry's injuries were "life-threatening" and came after a "domestic situation."

Quote:
Agent: Henry is "battling for his life"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 10:22 PM ET
Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry is "battling for his life tonight," according to his agent Andy Simms.

Simms' words are just the latest to underscore the life and death nature of Henry's struggle. By all accounts, Henry remains on life support after getting thrown from the back of a truck earlier Wednesday following a domestic situation.

The more we hear about the situation, the more dire it sounds.

Dan Graziano of AOL Fanhouse quotes a source "with direct knowledge" of the situation: "We don't think he's going to make it."

Henry's mother and the rest of his family arrived in Charlotte, North Carolina Wednesday night. Henry was in Charlotte with his fiance, where her parents live.

We send Henry and his family our best wishes before this difficult night ahead.

Quote:
Homicide detective investigate Henry accident scene
Posted by Mike Florio on December 16, 2009 11:19 PM ET
An already dire situation involving Bengals receiver Chris Henry, who reportedly is on life support after falling out of a pickup truck on Wednesday, has an even more ominous feel, now that a report has emerged that homicide detectives have launched an investigation regarding the incident.

The term homicide implies that a loss of life was involved. In this case, it's easy to interpret the development as a belief by the authorities that Chris Henry isn't likely to make it.

Regardless of how the situation turns out, it's a tragedy that comes only nine days before Christmas, and it will dramatically impact the lives of his three small children. Taco Bill found this link to the hard copy of an October 2009 newspaper article regarding Henry, including a picture of Henry with his three-year old daughter, Seini, his two-year-old son, Chris Jr., and his 10-month-old DeMarcus.

We know that Henry made his share of mistakes, both with the Bengals and at West Virginia University. But he had matured before our eyes over the past year, and his progress should be an inspiration to anyone who hopes to break a cycle of bad choices in their own lives.

So please pray tonight for Chris -- and also pray his three children.

Peace, love and light to you and your famly Chris
Blessed be

source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... umor-mill/

December 17th, 2009, 1:24 am
RIP Killer

I feel for the guy, I really do...but after what I've seen out of him over the past couple years (constantly in trouble), I have to wonder why he even let this happen.

The guy was on IR to begin with...and is damn near dead after putting himself in a dumb position.

I hope he gets better and returns to the field - he's got a ton of talent...but somewhere down the line he has to grow up and start making decisions like an adult.

December 17th, 2009, 9:24 am
Modmin Dude

I feel for the guy, I really do...but after what I've seen out of him over the past couple years (constantly in trouble), I have to wonder why he even let this happen.

The guy was on IR to begin with...and is damn near dead after putting himself in a dumb position.

I hope he gets better and returns to the field - he's got a ton of talent...but somewhere down the line he has to grow up and start making decisions like an adult.

Quote:
We know that Henry made his share of mistakes, both with the Bengals and at West Virginia University. But he had matured before our eyes over the past year, and his progress should be an inspiration to anyone who hopes to break a cycle of bad choices in their own lives.

Actually he has started to grow up and turn his life around, that's one of the saddest things about this IMO.

December 17th, 2009, 9:32 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry died Thursday, one day after suffering injures in a fall from the back of a pickup truck, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said. He was 26.

Police on Wednesday described the incident as a domestic dispute with his fiancée. Henry was found in the road about eight miles north of downtown Charlotte.

Sad... Thoughts and prayers for his family.

December 17th, 2009, 11:06 am
RIP Killer

Oh man... what a troubled life and ending. Soooooooo sad... even for someone that seemed to have wasted talents for so long. I pray his family and friends finds strength in these times and a peace from God.

December 17th, 2009, 11:13 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

conversion02 wrote:

Quote:

Actually he has started to grow up and turn his life around, that's one of the saddest things about this IMO.

Henry was a WVU guy, so I've been following him for years. He actually played on the same team as Pacman Jones. Of the two, Henry was the bigger head case in college and some of those problems continued in the NFL. However, you are right--it seems he had finally started to turn his life around off the field and was poised for a breakout year before his injury. All of this makes his death doubly sad in my opinion.

December 17th, 2009, 12:02 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Whatever the merits of the argument are, why in God's name would you write this?

http://www.freep.com/article/20091218/C ... 1049/rss14

December 18th, 2009, 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Just looking at who wrote the article should tell you everything you need to know.

December 18th, 2009, 2:58 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Drew Sharp is a heartless rectum. We all know that.

December 18th, 2009, 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]