View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 8:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mike Holmgren joins the Browns 
Head Cheerleader

Post Mike Holmgren joins the Browns
Quote:
Mike Holmgren joins the Browns
Posted by Mike Florio on December 21, 2009 6:30 PM ET
Former Packers and Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren was expected to give the Browns an answer on Monday regarding whether he'd accept an employment off from the team.

He has given them an answer.

And the answer is yes.

Holmgren has agreed to become President of the team. Mike Keenan, who previously occupied that role, will become the team's CFO.

"We are pleased to announce that Mike Holmgren has agreed to join the Cleveland Browns," owner Randy Lerner in a statement released by the team. "We will spend the rest of the week finalizing the details of the agreement and will make a formal announcement next week, at which time we will make him available to the media."

We're not sure what Lerner envisions by way of a "formal announcement" next week, given that the news of Holmgren's arrival has been, you know, formally announced by the team.

Maybe there will be a party, complete with confetti and cake and a special appearance by Eric the Clown.

Which, of course, that might be the current head coach's trade name come 2010

Do you guys think Holmgren will pull a parcells and turn the franchise around? Thinks have been looking up for the Browns the past two games.[/quote]

December 21st, 2009, 8:27 pm
RIP Killer

No - but I don't see Mangini being there much longer.

December 21st, 2009, 10:45 pm
Heisman Winner

They have a lot of talent on that roster, it doesn't take a Parcells to turn that team around.

December 22nd, 2009, 12:14 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I can't see the Browns improving much as long as Mangini is coach. It seems like half the players hate him and I've heard that some agents are telling their players to avoid Cleveland because of him. But this all becomes a moot point if Holmgren fires him as soon as the season is over.

December 22nd, 2009, 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]