View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pepper! without the Cul 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Pepper! without the Cul
Quote:
Peppers Pro Bowl nod pushes up franchise number
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 30, 2009 11:35 AM ET
Panthers defense end Julius Peppers didn't exactly need a Christmas bonus, but he got one Tuesday.

His Pro Bowl selection was worth $1.5 million. Add that to his $16.683 million base salary as the team's franchise player and his pay for the 2009 season is $18.183 million.

According to the Rock Hill Herald, the bonus means it would be even more expensive to retain Peppers as the team's franchise player in 2010. A 20% increase on his 2009 pay would now be a whopping $21.8196 million.

With the Panthers looking unlikely to offer Peppers the long-term contract he wants, Sunday's game against New Orleans could be Peppers' last as a Panther.

Not sure if he'd even be interested in coming here, but adds a little bit to the offseason discussions which starts officially for us in approximately 100 hours. (unofficially it started about 10 weeks ago).

December 30th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Pepper! without the Cul
njroar wrote:
Quote:
Peppers Pro Bowl nod pushes up franchise number
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 30, 2009 11:35 AM ET
Panthers defense end Julius Peppers didn't exactly need a Christmas bonus, but he got one Tuesday.

His Pro Bowl selection was worth $1.5 million. Add that to his $16.683 million base salary as the team's franchise player and his pay for the 2009 season is $18.183 million.

According to the Rock Hill Herald, the bonus means it would be even more expensive to retain Peppers as the team's franchise player in 2010. A 20% increase on his 2009 pay would now be a whopping $21.8196 million.

With the Panthers looking unlikely to offer Peppers the long-term contract he wants, Sunday's game against New Orleans could be Peppers' last as a Panther.

Not sure if he'd even be interested in coming here, but adds a little bit to the offseason discussions which starts officially for us in approximately 100 hours. (unofficially it started about 10 weeks ago).

Since he's in the latter years of his career, he's going to want to go somewhere that will be a contender next year. Also, with that said.. I like the young players we have on the D-line.. especially Hunter!

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 30th, 2009, 1:37 pm
RIP Killer

Peppers is all about the money and he wants to win. He's going to go where he can get the best deal (4-5 years likely) and he's going to want to go to team that can be competitive for the next few years (ala Cincy or NO)

December 30th, 2009, 2:08 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I doubt that Peppers would come here since he wants to win and has said that he wanted to play in a 3-4 defense. But even if he did want to come to Detroit, I don't think I'd go after him. I could see it if the Lions were just a player or two away, but they're not. By the time that the Lions are competitive, Peppers will be past his prime and taking up more cap space than he's worth. I'd rather invest the money in younger players that will still be in their prime if and when that time ever comes.

December 30th, 2009, 3:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]