View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Is Kurt Warner a Hall-of-Famer QB? (Officially retired) 
RIP Killer

Anyone think he deserves to be a first ballot guy?

No. In my eyes the only players that should be first ballot guys should be perennial Pro Bowlers who instantly make any team they are on better. He started to flounder in St. Louis, went to the G-men, where he wasn't very impressive, and he took a couple years to get Arizona into the respectability zone. As stated in a previous post by someone, he had an awesome supporting cast in St. Louis, and has a pretty solid group of receivers in Arizona.

Truth be known, I don't think he's a HOF QB. I like the guy, and I think he's a remarkable QB, but he hasn't been consistently good enough to be a Hall of Famer, in my book.

January 8th, 2010, 12:42 pm
RIP Killer

Quote:
Sources: Warner likely to retire
Comment Email Print Share
By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive
Arizona's next loss could mark the last time that quarterback Kurt Warner plays in an NFL game.

He always could change his mind, but those who know the 38-year-old Warner now believe this will be his final NFL season, according to sources close to the quarterback.

NFC West blog
ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Warner has been voted to five Pro Bowls, won two NFL Most Valuable Player Awards, one Super Bowl, and became only the second quarterback in history to throw over 100 touchdown passes for two NFL franchises.

Earlier this season, Warner suffered a concussion that raised questions about his future.

January 10th, 2010, 11:32 am
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... ay-forever

Quote:
Relax for another week, anyway. A trip to New Orleans awaits, and if the Cardinals lose, that could be the end for the only quarterback besides Peyton Manning and Joe Montana with six 300-yard passing games in the playoffs.

Quote:
The NFL should retire Warner's lucky No. 13 jersey after the 38-year-old legend completed 29 of 33 passes for 379 yards and five touchdowns during the Arizona Cardinals' 51-45 victory in one of the league's greatest games.

He had MORE TD's than he had incompletions!!!

Quote:
Warner couldn't miss even when he tried. The pass Fitzgerald caught for an 11-yard touchdown came after Warner tried to throw away the ball while Packers defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins bore down on him. Jenkins roughed up Warner on the play, affecting the throw just enough to give Fitzgerald a chance.

Quote:
Green Bay entered the game having limited opposing quarterbacks in the middle of the field, holding them to a 69.7 rating between the yard-line numbers, third-best in the league, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Warner completed 21 of 22 passes in this area -- that's 95.5 percent -- for 289 yards and five TDs.

Quote:
Only Joe Montana, Brett Favre and Dan Marino have more postseason TD passes than Warner. No quarterback has averaged more yards per postseason game. Warner upped his career postseason passer rating to 104.6, second only to Bart Starr's 104.8. Montana ranks third at 95.6.

Quote:
Warner's teams are 9-3 in playoff games.

January 11th, 2010, 11:31 am
QB Coach

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html

January 12th, 2010, 11:24 pm
1st Round Pick

I think he should get it in its not the NFL Hall of fame its the Profootball hall of fame. That said I know they wont take in account his NFL Europe Stats. But they should. His Arena Stats I would say no because it is so different then regular football.

January 13th, 2010, 1:14 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I don't see how this is even debatable. Warner is a no-brainer lock for the Hall of Fame, based solely on his NFL career. The guy has led two different teams to Super Bowls and neither team was terribly effective before he arrived. He's a winner and the stats back that up.

Frankly, I thought he had earned a HOF spot even before last season in AZ. When last season and this season are added to the equation, he's a first ballot guy in my book, although I don't know that the voters will agree.

January 13th, 2010, 1:21 pm
Heisman Winner

Doesn't it make you sad that we got Kitna instead of Warner several years back.

January 13th, 2010, 1:50 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Report: Kurt Warner will announce his plans on Friday
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 27, 2010 1:41 PM ET
Kurt Warner doesn't intend to drag out his decision on retirement.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that Warner will have a press conference on Friday at the Arizona Cardinals' facility to announce his plans.

At this point we don't know for certain whether Warner's announcement will be that he's retiring or that he's returning for the 2010 season, Schefter reports that there's a widespread feeling that Warner is done playing football.

If Warner is finished playing, the historical record will show that he was voted to five Pro Bowls, was twice named the league MVP, led two different teams to Super Bowls and won a Super Bowl MVP.

Personally, I think he's going to retire.

January 27th, 2010, 3:38 pm
RIP Killer

Me too, I wish him the best, stand up guy. I was rooting for him again this year. Can't help but like the guy who seems to always be the underdog no matter how good he actually is. No one wanted him but for a few years here or there yet he still kept coming back out of no where and being dang good.

January 27th, 2010, 3:41 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Arizona got Warner the same year we got ahold of Garcia. Even worse. :x

January 27th, 2010, 10:41 pm
QB Coach

Cards are done for if he retires. Leinart has shown he can't compete against #2 defenses let alone NFL starters.

January 27th, 2010, 10:56 pm
1st Round Pick

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

You think thats bad the following year we took Kitna instead of Brees :cry:

January 28th, 2010, 12:24 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I just want to cry. But I can't because I've become so broken down.

January 28th, 2010, 12:58 pm
Footsoldier32 wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

You think thats bad the following year we took Kitna instead of Brees :cry:

Why do you hate Drew Brees that much??? If we got him we would have ruined that guy. Under Millen we would have simply killed any talent that we had, because it was surrounded with incompetence.

January 28th, 2010, 1:04 pm
RIP Killer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4870096

January 29th, 2010, 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next