View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cribbs? 
Cheerleader

Post Cribbs?
word is he's gonna demand a trade. is he worth considering? I would hate to give up a draft pick and i dont think we have any players they want. but at the same time he'd be a reliable KR/PR and a decent WR across from CJ. Thoughts?

January 7th, 2010, 2:47 pm
Div 1 - Starter

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/06/browns.cribbs.ap/index.html

If this is even remotely true the Browns are acting like idiots. Cribbs handed them at least half their wins this season on silver platters. I would love to have him in Detroit but I don't think its realistic. As a receiver his worth is questionable but without a doubt he's the best return man in the league.

January 7th, 2010, 2:55 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I'd give the Lions second round pick for him.

January 7th, 2010, 4:11 pm
RIP Killer

If he demands a trade... I'd give a 2 for him.

January 7th, 2010, 4:15 pm
RIP Killer

Sorry, but you guys are crazy. No way I give a second rounder up for a return guy, no matter how good he is. Unless he can take on a starting role at another spot on offense or defense, no way.

I'd love to have Cribbs here, but his worth as a receiver is highly questionable. Our fourth would be as high as I would go.....or our third with them kicking back a fifth rounder (which they have three of).

Remember, we have the second pick in the round. You'd give up the 34th pick for Cribbs? No......just,......no.

January 7th, 2010, 5:12 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

On top of that he's looking for a big payday and except for a select few KR/PR guys they don't usually continue to maintain that output. As important as those ST guys are in the return game it doesn't make sense to drop a ton of money into a return guy especially one you would have to trade for.

January 7th, 2010, 5:30 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I agree with M2K. A 2nd is too high for him even if we were to start using the Wildcat (which I don't think we will). A 2nd is too high for someone who will only be returning kicks.

January 7th, 2010, 5:31 pm
Cheerleader

agree a 2nd is too high, a 4th would be reasonable. looking at his stats, i thought he had better receiving numbers...(20r,135y, 1td) of course his only receiving TD came against us.....

January 7th, 2010, 6:11 pm
I'd do the 3rd kicking back a 5th, and throw in Derrick Williams. Cribbs is a beast in the return game, and I think he'd make for a good 3rd WR as well.

January 7th, 2010, 7:12 pm
RIP Killer

I think he would play a bigger role in whatever team he went on. If not he certainly is not worth it. But IMO the KR is one of the most underrated positions in the NFL.

January 7th, 2010, 8:33 pm
RIP Killer

I think he would play a bigger role in whatever team he went on. If not he certainly is not worth it. But IMO the KR is one of the most underrated positions in the NFL.

Here's the thing...it was thought the same about Desmond Howard, Eddie Drummond, Mel Gray, Dante Hall, etc....

Teams traded or signed them to pretty nice contracts thinking they could take on added PT or responsibility as receivers. In most cases that doesn't work out. Devin Hester is the only one in recent memory that's seen a modicum of success as a receiver and was a terrific returner. Harvin could be looked at in the same light, but he wasn't drafted to be a return guy first like the rest.

Basically, just because a team plans a bigger role, doesn't mean that player fulfills the role to the teams desires.

January 7th, 2010, 8:44 pm
RIP Killer

True, he could flop for sure. Only find out if someone takes that next step. A lot have flopped in the past no question. I personally think Cribbs is a different situation, but i could be dead wrong.

I do think though the correct way of using him is NOT to make him a #2 or #3 WR or RB. You'd have to CREATE a new position and use for him to excel with his talents. Imagine a reverse with Cribs and CJ :shock: Just a thought, there are a lot of options with a creative OC. He's a play out in space guy so bubble screens, reverses, wildcat, end arounds, short passes could turn him into a 50 yard receiver and 50 yard rusher a game average along with return KR duties. His primary role though would HAVE to be the offense to make it worth anything though or he's not worth the money.

January 7th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Wasn't he coming on as a RB at the end of the season?

January 7th, 2010, 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Cribbs ran out of the wildcat a lot towards the end of the season.

No way I'd give anything better than a 4th for him. How many KR/PRs have gone for a first day pick? Considering these guys were drafted in the 5th, 6th, 7th rounds...or even undrafted...come on.

Not worth it. He's a game changer...but he's not a good route runner, doesn't have pass catching skills, body control, etc.

BTW - KR/PRs go downhill FAST!

January 8th, 2010, 1:11 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I would think that the Browns wouldn't part with him for anything less than a 2nd round pick, so if I were the Lions, I would pass. They have too many other needs to be giving up an early pick for a guy who is primarily a KR. I could see a team giving that up if they felt a KR was one of the final pieces they needed, but that's definitely not the Lions.

January 8th, 2010, 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next