View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cribbs? 
RIP Killer

I would think that the Browns wouldn't part with him for anything less than a 2nd round pick, so if I were the Lions, I would pass. They have too many other needs to be giving up an early pick for a guy who is primarily a KR. I could see a team giving that up if they felt a KR was one of the final pieces they needed, but that's definitely not the Lions.

That may be a good point. Maybe the Lions are not in the best position to utilize him... but someone should jump for a #2.

January 8th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Towel Boy

If we resign Foote and keep JP around, I would not mind making a deal for Ernie. They give us Cribbs and a 5th, they get Ernie. I'm not all too sure how he'd fit in a 3-4 D.

On a side not, I would like Reggie Bush to come here too. Bush on the field with Cribbs would take a lot of triple and double teams off CJ. That would definetly be a triple threat to keep any D in check.

January 12th, 2010, 1:01 am
QB Coach

If we resign Foote and keep JP around, I would not mind making a deal for Ernie. They give us Cribbs and a 5th, they get Ernie. I'm not all too sure how he'd fit in a 3-4 D.

On a side not, I would like Reggie Bush to come here too. Bush on the field with Cribbs would take a lot of triple and double teams off CJ. That would definetly be a triple threat to keep any D in check.

I don't think you could trade Ernie for Cribbs straight up. Cribbs is a far better player IMO. Ernie hasn't really done anything since he's been in the league. He shows flashes of potential, but then disappears.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

January 12th, 2010, 8:59 am
nic_diggler80 wrote:

I don't think you could trade Ernie for Cribbs straight up. Cribbs is a far better player IMO. Ernie hasn't really done anything since he's been in the league. He shows flashes of potential, but then disappears.

I agree with you... IMO the only way we get Cribbs for Ernie is if we sell Cleveland on the idea that they pizzed him off, he's not going to stay beyond his contract, he's going to be a likely hold out, and that Ernie has been a good player in the past and is a former 1st round pick.

To keep the peace within their team and (at least on paper) show that they're trying to improve, I think we might be able to make the trade. Personally, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

January 12th, 2010, 2:39 pm
1st Round Pick

Great we can then score points and still be last in the league in D again becase if we sign bush and aqquire cribbs we wont have any money left for our pourus D.

January 12th, 2010, 2:48 pm
nic_diggler80 wrote:

Great we can then score points and still be last in the league in D again becase if we sign bush and aqquire cribbs we wont have any money left for our pourus D.

Reggie Bush isn't coming to Det. any time soon, so we can forget about that one...

January 12th, 2010, 2:57 pm
RIP Killer

Welcome to Lionbacker!

I like the idea of trading Ernie, but I don't think having Bush and Cribbs serves us well in the grand scheme of things.

January 12th, 2010, 3:05 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Cribbs' agent expresses optimism at Heckert's arrival
Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2010 10:10 AM ET
Now that Tom Heckert has become the G.M. of the Cleveland Browns, agent J.R. Rickert is optimistic that the team finally will "pay the man" named Josh Cribbs.

"Now that Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert are running things," Rickert said via Twitter today, "this will get worked out!"

But will it? With Holmgren in the building, the team made the same offer that had been extended in early December before Holmgren was hired. And the number -- roughly $1.4 million per year -- has prompted Cribbs to complain loudly.

Now that Heckert has arrived, the Big Show is still running the operation. So it remains an uphill battle for Cribbs and company to get the kind of cash for which Rickert and Peter Schaffer are angling.

And it appears that the folks who control the flow of the dollars don't share the opinion of Cribbs that Hall of Famer Jim Brown, a member of the franchise's senior management team, expressed last month: "He is a spiritual force. What he does is so pure, it's running the ball, then going down to make a tackle. It's playing the game with the right attitude, giving himself all the way."

The assessment is accurate. For whatever reason, however, the Browns haven't decided to rip up the final three years of a below-market deal. Even if they simply believe that, when push comes to shove, Cribbs will play football to the best of his ability, other players in the locker room (and not yet in the locker room) eventually could be influenced by the manner in which Cribbs is being treated.

I don't think Cribbs is going anywhere either, but time will tell.

January 12th, 2010, 4:36 pm
RIP Killer

Cleveland has no interest in Ernie Sims, so forget about it. He doesn't fit their defensive scheme at all.

You wanna trade Sims, then look to a team like Philadelphia. They are hard up for linebackers, and it was said they were interested in Sims when we drafted him. St. Louis might be interested in Sims, and likewise the G-men. They all have linebacker needs.

But I think the team that may be the most interested would be Indianapolis. He fits the skill set that defense is looking for.

But Indy probably wouldn't be intesterested in taking on his contract. Nor would the rest of the teams. So stuck with him we are, unless we cut him.

January 12th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2