View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Assistant Coaches 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Martz seems to have a huge ego and wants to find "The Next Kurt Warner". The sort of unknown type of guy. JT O'Sullivan? I don't know if such a big name/armed QB will work with Martz. Eh, whatever. Until they fix their O-Line they're not going to do much anyway.

February 3rd, 2010, 11:37 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Has Martz ever had QB as talented at Cutler? I know he's had good QB's.. but none with Cutlers intangibles.

Intangibles?

What Intangibles. Cutler has a Big Arm, and is a decent roll out QB. hes a primadonna egotastic crybaby, who IMO might not be really fit to Lead a team.

Warner > Cutler

February 3rd, 2010, 8:38 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

I to would take Warner over Cutler each at their best. I don't disagree with a word you said. But... Cutler has a better arm and can do more than 99% of the leagues QB's. He could be consistently one of the best if he had proper coaching and maybe electroshock therapy to kill his desire to be a prima dona.

February 3rd, 2010, 8:50 pm

He does have a gun, and was a Very Smart Vandy Kid. But now that he is a Bear, I hope he becomes the worst Supertrade ever. At least Hershel Walker produced. :)

February 3rd, 2010, 8:57 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
1st Round Pick

Posted by Josh Alper on February 4, 2010 11:30 AM ET
Mark Carrier is leaving his post as Ravens defensive backs coach to join his former boss Rex Ryan as defensive line coach for the Jets.

Carrier has been with the Ravens for the past four seasons but, according to the Baltimore Sun, thinks the move to the Jets and change in responsibility will further his quest to become a defensive coordinator. Carrier made three Pro Bowls during his 11 years as an NFL safety with the Bears, Lions and Redskins and was the AP's Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1990.

The Jets parted ways with defensive line coach Kerry Locklin in November because he and Ryan weren't seeing eye to eye. Defensive assistant Jeff Weeks, who is still employed by the team, handled the defensive linemen for the rest of the 2009 season.

I didnt know Carrier was a coach. I wish him luck in becoming a defensive coordinator even though he and Johnnie Morton Tried to run me over with thier Golf Cart at Saginaw once.

February 4th, 2010, 12:53 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Another former Lion coach has also found work:
PFT wrote:
Eagles add Dick Jauron as DBs coach
Posted by Evan Silva on February 2, 2010 9:35 PM ET
NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports that the Eagles have hired ex-Bills head coach Dick Jauron to coach their secondary.

Jauron replaces Brian Stewart on staff. Stewart left Philadelphia a week ago to take the defensive coordinator job at the University of Houston.

In Philadelphia, Jauron will be charged with coaching up a pass defense that ranked No. 17 overall in 2009. The Eagles have a pair of top-flight cornerbacks in Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel, as well as a reliable strong safety in Quintin Mikell. Free safety has been a trouble spot.

The Eagles are also expected to upgrade at left defensive end this offseason. A potent pass rusher at that position would theoretically take pressure off Philadelphia's defensive backs and increase their big-play opportunities.

February 4th, 2010, 1:18 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

He was never in play here, even though he would have been an upgrade, he wouldn't have come back, even though the guy who fired him is gone too.

February 4th, 2010, 1:39 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Marinelli as Bears DC! Who was worried about them again?

Quote:
Bears promote Marinelli to defensive coordinator

Posted by Evan Silva on February 5, 2010 4:28 PM ET
The Bears announced Friday that they have promoted line coach Rod Marinelli to defensive coordinator, replacing Lovie Smith.

Smith is obviously staying on as head coach, but will no longer call the plays on defense. Marinelli will take on that duty for the first time in his coaching career.

Marinelli had previously expressed hesitancy to become coordinator because his work with the Bears' defensive linemen was not done.

Assistant DL coach Eric Washington was promoted to full-time line coach.

There's not a great way to tell what impact Marinelli's promotion will have on Chicago's defense, but we're guessing not a whole lot will change on game days. Marinelli comes from the same Tampa-2 style background as Smith.

The Bears' coaching staff is complete.

February 5th, 2010, 5:59 pm
Profile WWW

Awesome. Hmm , Final Year Head Coach (Unless they get 9-10 wins and a Playoff Game , which seems unlikely vs the Vikings (Farve or Not) and Packers (Playoff Team Easily Next year). A DC who has never been a DC/called plays in his career , combined with an Egocentric OC who got Fired by that DC a few years back fro "Not being able to see eye to eye in that Marinellis Defense wasnt compatible with Martz Offense".

This just gets better and better the more I think about it. Id still give the edge for the bears to end 3rd in the division but with the right events tsaking place could easily see the lions ending up in 3rd with the bears imploding and a lame duck coaching staff.

How many picks do the Bears have in the draft again to fill all their holes? Oh yeah. :)

February 5th, 2010, 6:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Well we'll see if he peaks at DL coach or Defensive coordinator.... he surely was over the hill at HC.

February 5th, 2010, 6:19 pm

It just got a lot easier to play the Bears next season. :lol:

February 6th, 2010, 12:55 pm
Hall of Fame Player

It just got a lot easier to play the Bears next season. :lol:

I agree. See my earlier post in this thread. LOL.

February 6th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Billy, I was talking about Moronelli moreso than Martz. I honestly believe that the Bears' offense will improve next season. It really can't get much worse and Martz has proven that he can turn offenses around. Their problem is going to come from the defensive side of the ball IMO. The Bears have been a base Tampa 2 team for awhile now, but they have mixed things up a bit. Moronelli is so in love with his system that he refuses to change, hence the inability to adjust while he was with the Lions. I predict that he will do the same crap in Chicago and teams won't have much of a problem exploiting the weaknesses in his system week after week. The guy simply can't help himself because he doesn't know (or believe in) anything different.

February 7th, 2010, 3:28 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Rex Ryan lands a Ravens refugee
Mark Carrier is leaving his post as Ravens defensive backs coach to join his former boss Rex Ryan as defensive line coach for the Jets.

Carrier has been with the Ravens for the past four seasons but, according to the Baltimore Sun, thinks the move to the Jets and change in responsibility will further his quest to become a defensive coordinator. Carrier made three Pro Bowls during his 11 years as an NFL safety with the Bears, Lions and Redskins and was the AP's Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1990.

The Jets parted ways with defensive line coach Kerry Locklin in November because he and Ryan weren't seeing eye to eye. Defensive assistant Jeff Weeks, who is still employed by the team, handled the defensive linemen for the rest of the 2009 season.

I didnt know Carrier was a coach. I wish him luck in becoming a defensive coordinator even though he and Johnnie Morton Tried to run me over with thier Golf Cart at Saginaw once.

LOL. What on earth did you do to them? LOL.

February 7th, 2010, 5:28 pm
1st Round Pick

Lionman3 wrote:
Rex Ryan lands a Ravens refugee

LOL. What on earth did you do to them? LOL.

when they didnt want to sign autographs they rode off on the golf carts. Mark was driving and Johnnie jumped on the back to get through a crowd of people.

February 8th, 2010, 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next