View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ed Reed to retire? 
Team MVP

Post Ed Reed to retire?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... to-retire/

The NFL will miss his highlight plays if he decides to hang it up. I think the bad loss yesterday is carrying weight in this decision and I hope he decides to come back.

January 17th, 2010, 1:45 pm
1st Round Pick

Post Re: Ed Reed to retire?
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/17/ed-reed-50-50-to-retire/

The NFL will miss his highlight plays if he decides to hang it up. I think the bad loss yesterday is carrying weight in this decision and I hope he decides to come back.

I doubt yesterdays game has any bearing on it. He made that statement before the game. The announcers were even talking about it during the game.

January 17th, 2010, 10:04 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Can I take this moment to say I hate the Ravens? I've never seen a cockier bunch with so little to show for it.

January 17th, 2010, 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Can I take this moment to say I hate the Ravens? I've never seen a cockier bunch with so little to show for it.

Apparently you've not watched the Dallas Cowboys lately. I know the franchise has been one of the more successful teams, but the current roster is pedestrian in comparison and they act like they are world beaters.

Keith Brooking = Cry Baby 5baby.gif :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: 5baby.gif

Hey Keith, if you didn't want them to score a late TD, then you and your azzhole teammates should have stopped them.

January 18th, 2010, 8:20 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I guess that Super Bowl ring doesn't count since it was so long ago? What about Ed Reed's Defensive MVP award? Sure fire Hall of Fame status for Ray Lewis?

January 18th, 2010, 11:04 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I doubt that Ed Reed will retire. A lot of players talk about doing it once the season is over and their body is beat up, but then change their mind once they are able to heal up. I suspect Reed will announce that he's coming back in a few months once he feels healthy again.

January 18th, 2010, 1:29 pm
NFL Team Captain

I doubt that Ed Reed will retire. A lot of players talk about doing it once the season is over and their body is beat up, but then change their mind once they are able to heal up. I suspect Reed will announce that he's coming back in a few months once he feels healthy again.

Yeah and those game checks stop coming for awhile. :lol:

January 18th, 2010, 9:09 pm
NFL Team Captain

lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:

Apparently you've not watched the Dallas Cowboys lately. I know the franchise has been one of the more successful teams, but the current roster is pedestrian in comparison and they act like they are world beaters.

Keith Brooking = Cry Baby 5baby.gif :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: 5baby.gif

Hey Keith, if you didn't want them to score a late TD, then you and your azzhole teammates should have stopped them.

That was so damn funny watching him run over and scream at Favre. He's an idiot! :roll:

January 18th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would of done the same thing if I was Brooking.. what the Viqueens did was unexcusable.. this is NOT College Football. Show some class!

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 19th, 2010, 9:17 am
I would of done the same thing if I was Brooking.. what the Viqueens did was unexcusable.. this is NOT College Football. Show some class!

I like Mike Ditka's response to it... "When I'm getting whooped bad, I know a team can do anything they want to me. There's no disrespect and there's nothing to get mad about. They can do it and they should do it if they want to."

"Unexcuseable"? Unexcuseable from whom? The Cowboys? The NFL? Cowboys fans? Why should he not be allowed to do it if he could? It broke his personal best in a post season game, was a new record (I believe) for a Qb over 40, uplifted his team, and put an exclaimation point on the game. Should New Orleans not have scored their last TD?

January 19th, 2010, 11:59 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

LionsFan4Life wrote:

I like Mike Ditka's response to it... "When I'm getting whooped bad, I know a team can do anything they want to me. There's no disrespect and there's nothing to get mad about. They can do it and they should do it if they want to."

"Unexcuseable"? Unexcuseable from whom? The Cowboys? The NFL? Cowboys fans? Why should he not be allowed to do it if he could? It broke his personal best in a post season game, was a new record (I believe) for a Qb over 40, uplifted his team, and put an exclaimation point on the game. Should New Orleans not have scored their last TD?

Did New Orleans score their last TD on a pass late in the 4th when the game is already in hand?

If so, then nevermind b/c I can't honestly remember if they did or not.

If I was the coach... I wouldn't of done it for these reasons.. 1) My D has shut them down the entire game only giving up 3 pts.. no reason to believe they couldn't keep doing it and 2) It was at last half-way through the 4th and I had the other team down by 3 scores.. barring a miracle the other team wouldn't of came back, then again.. that's just me.

And for the record.. I am NOT a 'Boys fan.. can't stand them to be honest.

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 19th, 2010, 2:54 pm
RIP Killer

I'm in the group that says when you are putting the game away, keep doing it because stranger things have happened. I will never forget the Eagles Miami game where Miami came back behind 3+ TD's in the fourth to win all because the Eagles did what was "honorable" and tried to run the time out. Beat em till their dead so that you keep the game under control.

January 19th, 2010, 3:00 pm
QB Coach

I'm in the group that says when you are putting the game away, keep doing it because stranger things have happened. I will never forget the Eagles Miami game where Miami came back behind 3+ TD's in the fourth to win all because the Eagles did what was "honorable" and tried to run the time out. Beat em till their dead so that you keep the game under control.

Exactly. Teams have come back from way down before. Yes it's rare, but it still happens every once in a while. With a team like the Cowboys who were on fire leading up to this game, do you want to give them any life and take a chance they get rolling? I know I wouldn't. If they can't stop you, keep scoring. This isn't little league where you're dealing with children and sportsmanship. It's the NFL with grown men.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 19th, 2010, 4:21 pm
NFL Team Captain

The only person that Brookings should have been yelling at was his own defensive unit for allowing the Viqueens to put them away and letting them score again.

The term for someone who looses and then blames others = Sore Looser!

Just sayin.....

January 19th, 2010, 9:23 pm
RIP Killer

Kudos to the Queens for putting the exclamation point on it.

The Boys defense was pathetic and deserved it.

I hate childress, but it's not like Billy B was running the score up and beating them 59-6 or something like he did when the Pats beat the hell out of the Titans earlier this year.

Did anyone bitch when the Aints left Brees and all their starters in to beat an 0-14 team just so Brees could try and beat Marino's passing yards record? Hell no. BTW - Brees threw 40 times to 23 rushes...that game was 28-7 by halftime and 35-7 less than 2 mins into the 3rd quarter...but Brees kept throwing and throwing.

January 19th, 2010, 9:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next