View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ed Reed to retire? 
1st Round Pick

teams run up the score on us all the time. we dont complain about it becasue we know we have to get better players then we will stop them. Do what your getting paid to do brooking and Stop them atleast once. Even our defense gets a stop once in awhile during the course of a game.

January 19th, 2010, 10:53 pm
I'm in the group that says when you are putting the game away, keep doing it because stranger things have happened. I will never forget the Eagles Miami game where Miami came back behind 3+ TD's in the fourth to win all because the Eagles did what was "honorable" and tried to run the time out. Beat em till their dead so that you keep the game under control.

I also like the quote from the coach (can't remeber which one. but I think it was Bilicheck the year before last) that said "coach, why didn't you pull your starters with 4 minutes left and the game in hand?" His response, "they didn't pull theirs." Don't try your azz off Brooking, and get mad when they're still beating you. Get off of the field and show you've conceded if you want them to take it easy on you.

Further, I don't begrudge anyone that wants to go for any sort of NFL record either... If you can do it, go for it!

January 20th, 2010, 12:36 am
QB Coach

Post Re: Ed Reed to retire?
Lionman3 wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/17/ed-reed-50-50-to-retire/

The NFL will miss his highlight plays if he decides to hang it up. I think the bad loss yesterday is carrying weight in this decision and I hope he decides to come back.

I doubt yesterdays game has any bearing on it. He made that statement before the game. The announcers were even talking about it during the game.

Quote:
Reed, 31, said after the game a nerve impingement in his neck may force him to retire. "You'll know soon enough,'' he said.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z0ddrGBplN
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

January 25th, 2010, 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2