View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 2nd, 2014, 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 WR Roy Williams to stay with Cowboys 
1st Round Pick

Post WR Roy Williams to stay with Cowboys
WR Roy Williams to stay with Cowboys
Comments (0) Recommend Print this page E-mail this article Share
Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine Buzz up!
Twitter FarkIt Type Size A A A By CARLOS MONARREZ FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Well, so much for Roy Williams returning to the Lions.

OK, there was never really much of a chance of that happening and ESPN reported today that Williams will return to the Cowboys next season because of a heavy contract that calls for $21 million guaranteed, including $9 million in 2010.

The Lions are still on a search for that elusive “eraser” they want to help take the pressure off Calvin Johnson. It may come through free agency, a trade or the draft. So, it looks like we can officially scratch Roy’s name off the list of eraser material.

Still, it was fun listening to Williams’ most recent griping after his Dallas Cowboys got waxed by the Minnesota Cowboys, 34-3, in Sunday’s NFC playoff.

Williams finished the game without a catch and was targeted only once. Asked if he had any plays called for him, Williams told ESPN: “No. Hell, no.”

“I didn't get a ball today, and I didn't get a look at today. It just happens," he said. “It's frustrating. It pisses me off, especially when we lose and especially when I feel like I have a mismatch. I got a 5-10 corner [covering me, Dontonio Wingfield], but hey, you know, I will continue to work hard in the off-season and it will come back around."

What a scum bag. I'm so glad we got rid of this guy. He just totaly disrspected Antonio Winfield, and it wasnt an accident he knows his name. Must be a slow News day for the free press writers They printed this story trying to make it about the Lions and earlier in the day they posted one about schawrtz's temper.

January 18th, 2010, 6:43 pm
RIP Killer

They are always ripping Roy on Dallas radio. I told them what to expect when he got here, nobody listened to me (can't run routes, drops the easy ball, etc). They are just lucky they found a WR in Austin or they were in big trouble this season with what they had at WR.

January 18th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

How the heck did the guy ever put up probowl numbers is beyond me...

January 18th, 2010, 8:00 pm
National Champion

we actually threw the football to him thats how... :shock:

romo throws to witten all day.. and rarely sees other targets..

i would be pissed if i was roy too.. regaurdless of roys other faults,

TO had a similar problem playing for the cowboys.

we all know roy can make a play.. hell he was darn near the only one who could in his last few years as a lion.

sure he miffs routes, ocasoinally and drops a few.. but all WR do that from time to time.

January 18th, 2010, 9:15 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Roy's got the talent but he is just a dolt. This article about him "Staying with the Cowboys" is ridiculous. There's no market for him because of the money he's making. The Cowboys won't cut him because it'd cost them a lot of money and they can't trade him because no one would take him.

January 19th, 2010, 11:40 am
QB Coach

steensn wrote:

we actually threw the football to him thats how... :shock:

romo throws to witten all day.. and rarely sees other targets..

i would be pissed if i was roy too.. regaurdless of roys other faults,

TO had a similar problem playing for the cowboys.

we all know roy can make a play.. hell he was darn near the only one who could in his last few years as a lion.

sure he miffs routes, ocasoinally and drops a few.. but all WR do that from time to time.

Uh, no sorry. He doesn't drop a few. He leads the league in drops (or is damn close to the lead). Plus he catches less than half of the balls thrown to him. Those numbers are from Elias Sports Bureau an STATS Inc.

Roy is not a top WR. Never has been. He had one good year with Detroit. That's it. He was vastly overrated prior to this season and Dallas got absolutely swindled in that trade.

And as for Roy not being targeted, that's also BS. He's targeted like a #2 WR should be. He got roughly 90 targets this season. Witten and Austin both had around 125-130 targets this season. Patrick Crayton had around 70 targets. Seams like a pretty good spread to me. Roy and T.O. are the same kind of guy when it comes to them getting the ball. They both have highly inflated opinions of themselves, and don't deserve the ball more. Catch the damn ball when it's thrown to you and you'll get more targets. Simple as that. Make plays, you'll get more plays.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 19th, 2010, 2:07 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm still laughing that Martin Mayhew suckered Jerry Jones into giving up a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams. I bet the Cowboys are regretting that move now.

January 19th, 2010, 4:46 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I'm still laughing that Martin Mayhew suckered Jerry Jones into giving up a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams. I bet the Cowboys are regretting that move now.

Sometimes I wonder if we made out too well on that deal. I wonder if it has made other teams hesitant to make deals with us for fear of being duped.

January 19th, 2010, 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]