View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 David Harris 
QB Coach

Post David Harris
After watching his performance Sunday, I was thinking back to how much I wanted us to pick him in 2007. He continues to be a force in the middle of the Jets D and is one of the best MLBs in the league. Here's a little info from this week's MMQB by Peter King.

Quote:
8. I think, if you just saw David Harris explode in the first quarter Sunday for the first time, you should know this: In last April's draft, St. Louis had the second overall pick, Cleveland five and the Jets 17. When the Jets were looking to trade up high in the first round to pick Mark Sanchez, they spoke with the Rams, and one of the key elements for the Rams to make the deal was Harris, plus a slew of draft picks.

Rex Ryan wanted no part of trading Harris; he viewed Harris as the long-term centerpiece of his defense, like Ray Lewis was for him in Baltimore. If the Rams sat at two and picked Sanchez, which the Jets feared, then so be it. So the Jets put an if-Sanchez-is-there deal together with Cleveland that didn't involve Harris, and that ended up being the deal they made. There are times you need to be stubborn and say no, and this was a smart move by GM Mike Tannenbaum and Ryan, risking missing out on Sanchez because they didn't want to deal Harris.

So glad we picked Drew Stanton instead of him...

January 27th, 2010, 11:50 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: David Harris
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
After watching his performance Sunday, I was thinking back to how much I wanted us to pick him in 2007. He continues to be a force in the middle of the Jets D and is one of the best MLBs in the league. Here's a little info from this week's MMQB by Peter King.

Quote:
8. I think, if you just saw David Harris explode in the first quarter Sunday for the first time, you should know this: In last April's draft, St. Louis had the second overall pick, Cleveland five and the Jets 17. When the Jets were looking to trade up high in the first round to pick Mark Sanchez, they spoke with the Rams, and one of the key elements for the Rams to make the deal was Harris, plus a slew of draft picks.

Rex Ryan wanted no part of trading Harris; he viewed Harris as the long-term centerpiece of his defense, like Ray Lewis was for him in Baltimore. If the Rams sat at two and picked Sanchez, which the Jets feared, then so be it. So the Jets put an if-Sanchez-is-there deal together with Cleveland that didn't involve Harris, and that ended up being the deal they made. There are times you need to be stubborn and say no, and this was a smart move by GM Mike Tannenbaum and Ryan, risking missing out on Sanchez because they didn't want to deal Harris.

So glad we picked Drew Stanton instead of him...

But we didn't need a MLB......we had Paris Lenon!!

January 28th, 2010, 10:56 am
RIP Killer

Geeez ILF... m2k is right... why did you even bring this up!? (sarcasm)

(more salt for the wounds... thanks...) (real thoughts)

January 28th, 2010, 11:02 am
I get sick watching Vilma play as well... We could have picked him up on the cheap, and he's playing is azz off in N.O....

January 28th, 2010, 11:07 am
QB Coach

I get sick watching Vilma play as well... We could have picked him up on the cheap, and he's playing is azz off in N.O....

I'm mad we didn't get him too but we tried and he didn't want to come here.

BTW thanks guys, I'd almost forgotten about Paris "I can't recover a fumble" Lennon.

January 28th, 2010, 12:54 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:

BTW thanks guys, I'd almost forgotten about Paris "I can't recover a fumble" Lennon.

We could have traded something to get him when he was with the Jets. He probably would have left, but I think we could have at least got him here...

January 28th, 2010, 1:06 pm
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

We could have traded something to get him when he was with the Jets. He probably would have left, but I think we could have at least got him here...

Sorry, but if some player is not interested in being here, I don't want him here. If that guy doesn't want to be here, once he gets here I don't believe he'll compete at the highest level, and as such I wouldn't be interested in his services.

January 29th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]