View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 12:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 49ers looking at new stadium deal outside of SF 
RIP Killer

Post 49ers looking at new stadium deal outside of SF
Looks like a Pontiac Detroit kinda deal.

Quote:
I remember as a kid being confused when the Los Angeles Rams relocated their games to Anaheim. They were still the L.A. Rams, everyone said, but they would play their games in Anaheim.

The San Francisco 49ers are already headquartered 40 miles down Highway 101 in Santa Clara, so it's not such a stretch for them to play home games there in a new stadium.

The move would be quite a bit more convenient for the team. The proposed Santa Clara stadium site is within a few minutes' drive of the team's current facility.

The team would still call itself the San Francisco 49ers. The changes would affect two preseason games, eight regular-season games and no more than two postseason games in any given year. So, for at least 353 days in a typical 365-day year, nothing would change for the 49ers or their fans.

For some, having the team play its games in San Francisco is about more than commute times on game days. It's about tradition. I'm sure even some fans living in Santa Clara or San Jose would rather have the team continue playing in San Francisco. I went to Giants and 49ers games on occasion growing. Walking into The Stick with its faded orange seats and outdated support posts brings back memories even though I wasn't a fan of those teams. And I do value the great NFL moments that have happened there.

I also think having a competitive team playing in a top-notch new stadium would ease the transition for 49ers fans.

What is important to you, 49ers fans?

Anyone feel that this little tidbit sounds like a middle school kid wrote it? It is really bad...

February 10th, 2010, 10:44 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

That is a poorly written article! So what he's saying is that S.F. is moving to Santa Clara, which we already knew, and that he wonders what the fans think? It's easy to be concise, but not for that cat...

February 10th, 2010, 11:35 am
RIP Killer

February 10th, 2010, 11:45 am
RIP Killer

http://www.fieldofschemes.com/news/arch ... a_ada.html

February 10th, 2010, 11:45 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

It's been rumored for a long time it seems though. I was in San Jose last year for New Years (08 to 09) and the people I was with, who aren't even remotely interested in sports knew that they were going to be attempting a move to Santa Clara. If it happens, BFD, it won't make a lick of difference to me. Sure Candlestick Park is a legend, but nothing's sacred anymore.

February 10th, 2010, 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]