View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Tommie Harris thrilled to play for Rod Marinelli 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post Tommie Harris thrilled to play for Rod Marinelli
Quote:
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 10, 2010 9:47 AM ET

Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris didn't always seem happy in Chicago last season, complaining at one point that the team sidelined him when he could have played and saying the team's injury report "wasn't true."

But Harris seems very happy with the Bears' off-season decision to elevate defensive line coach Rod Marinelli to defensive coordinator.

"I really learned the game from him last season," Harris said of Marinelli, per Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune. "I understand the game now instead of just going out there. I think having him as defensive coordinator is a great move."

With Marinelli moving up to the coordinator job, the Bears promoted defensive assistant Eric Washington to defensive line coach, and Harris seems enthusiastic about that move as well.

"Eric Washington is a great coach, too," Harris said.

Harris had career lows in tackles (19) and sacks (2.5) in 2009, but he said the team doesn't need a major defensive overhaul. It just needs to follow Marinelli's lead.

"We're fine with coach Marinelli," Harris said. "He's a monster.''

So this Defensive Line guru lead Harris to 2.5 sacks and 19 tackles this year? You've gotta coach em up better then that Rod.

And yes, he is a monster, the final monster in that 9 year nightmare...

February 10th, 2010, 1:54 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Well, we'll see how long that sh!t lasts. Hopefully they can promote him to head coach after they fire Lovie.

February 10th, 2010, 7:49 pm
RIP Killer

Hey Tommie, did he teach you to punch players in the face and get ejected on the first play???

February 10th, 2010, 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]