View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Kerry Rhodes traded 
#1 Overall Pick

Post Kerry Rhodes traded
Quote:
Jets | Rhodes traded
Comment (0)
Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:11:26 -0800

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the New York Jets have traded SS Kerry Rhodes to the Arizona Cardinals for a 2010 fourth-round draft choice and a 2011 seventh-round draft choice.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0#ixzz0hRf1brcK

Wow..... that is not that much to give up for a decent, athletic safety in his prime.

March 6th, 2010, 8:15 pm
NFL Team Captain

How in the Sam Hell did we miss out on that? Does the FO really have a plan?

March 6th, 2010, 8:42 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

The Jets are probably doing cartwheels after getting a 4th round pick for him. He was benched last year and there was a lot of talk about him possibly getting cut. I forget what the issues were, but Rhodes and the coaching staff didn't see eye to eye on some things.

March 7th, 2010, 10:20 am
The Jets are probably doing cartwheels after getting a 4th round pick for him. He was benched last year and there was a lot of talk about him possibly getting cut. I forget what the issues were, but Rhodes and the coaching staff didn't see eye to eye on some things.

He's still better than anything we had or have, and better than anything we could have hoped to have gotten with a 4th round pick at the position... Hopefully we land a PR/KR guy or a decent project CB in the 4th round....

March 7th, 2010, 2:49 pm
RIP Killer

How in the Sam Hell did we miss out on that? Does the FO really have a plan?

Who says that the Lions FO didn't make an offer for him? But, I'm sorry to say that Arizona DID overpay for this guy. Rhodes was a fourth round pick to begin with, and in my opinion pretty much played to that level while in NY. To give up a 4th plus 7th rounder for him this deep into his rookie contract is kinda nuts. It shows just how desperate the Cards were to replace Rolle.

I realize he may be better than our other safeties outside of Delmas, but with the depth of this draft you can still find a starter in the fourth round. We found one last year, didn't we? And that draft wasn't nearly as deep in talent as this one.

March 7th, 2010, 3:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]