View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Adewale Ogunleye 
NFL Team Captain

Post Adewale Ogunleye
The Bears have announced that they will not resign DE Adewale Ogunleye.

Is this guy worth giving a look. I don't know much about most tof the Bears' players. I only watch them twice a year, when they play the Lions.

March 25th, 2010, 10:02 am
RIP Killer

He's better than the alternatives. Would be top notch depth especially.

I'd like to see Avril on passing downs and O-gun on 1st and 2nd downs...kind of like DeVries. He would be good to spell KVB too.

If he'd take 2-3M/yr, I think it'd be good. No more than 2 yrs though. He's 32 and on the decline. Plus, nearly all of his sacks last year were against awful lines - GB and DET primarily. He didn't do much outside of playing against us and GB.

The Bears don't need to resign him - they got Anderson, Peppers, and Brown...and they have an excellent DT rotation (Harris, Adams, Dvoracek, Gilbert).

That's got to be one of the best pass rushing DLs in the league. Marinelli should be able to post a pretty solid pass defense this season with that defense.

March 25th, 2010, 10:24 am
RIP Killer

He's better than the alternatives. Would be top notch depth especially.

I'd like to see Avril on passing downs and O-gun on 1st and 2nd downs...kind of like DeVries. He would be good to spell KVB too.

If he'd take 2-3M/yr, I think it'd be good. No more than 2 yrs though. He's 32 and on the decline. Plus, nearly all of his sacks last year were against awful lines - GB and DET primarily. He didn't do much outside of playing against us and GB.

The Bears don't need to resign him - they got Anderson, Peppers, and Brown...and they have an excellent DT rotation (Harris, Adams, Dvoracek, Gilbert).

That's got to be one of the best pass rushing DLs in the league. Marinelli should be able to post a pretty solid pass defense this season with that defense.

They have garbage in their secondary though. That is their downfall and Achilles Heel, just like the Lions.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind the Lions inking Ogunleye to a 2 or 3 year deal, as long as it doesn't guarantee anything and is very affordable. I haven't seen any other teams interested in him.

I also wouldn't offer anything until after the draft....

March 25th, 2010, 10:58 am
League MVP

the guys got hot and cold streaks. when he's hot...he's something to watch.....but consistancy is an issue

March 25th, 2010, 11:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]