View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 4:16 pm



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 McNabb traded-per GBN Report 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9775
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post McNabb traded-per GBN Report
Great Blue North Draft Report wrote:
April 3, 2010-(8:30 PM): McNabb traded to Redskins ... In what can only be described as a surprising twist, Philadelphia has confirmed trading QB Donovan McNabb to division-rival Washington. In exhange, the Eagles will receive the Redskins second round pick at the 2010 draft, the 37th pick overall, along with a conditional 3rd or 4th round pick in 2011. With the acquisition of McNabb, the Redskins are now expected to concentrate on finding a LT witht the 4th pick at this month's draft.


In my opinion, this absolutely destroys any chance the Lions had of another team trading ahead of the Redskins to get Clausen. Now they will target KC for the trade, and work their way up slowly. Detroit will have to hope that some team will target either Suh, McCoy or Okung as being worth the second pick, and what it will take to move up and get their man.


April 4th, 2010, 8:40 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2569
Post 
I'd say the Lions need to pretend like they really want Okung and hope the Redskins will trade up to secure him.


April 4th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9775
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
Blueskies wrote:
I'd say the Lions need to pretend like they really want Okung and hope the Redskins will trade up to secure him.


Really good idea, but now the 'skins have no 2nd round pick, and I don't see them trading away their 3rd to move up and get Okung, when they could very well be in a position to trade down with a team like Buffalo, who may move up to get Clausen.


April 4th, 2010, 8:53 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 6:07 pm
Posts: 1588
Location: Watching Football
Post Re: McNabb traded-per GBN Report
m2karateman wrote:
Great Blue North Draft Report wrote:
April 3, 2010-(8:30 PM): McNabb traded to Redskins ... In what can only be described as a surprising twist, Philadelphia has confirmed trading QB Donovan McNabb to division-rival Washington. In exhange, the Eagles will receive the Redskins second round pick at the 2010 draft, the 37th pick overall, along with a conditional 3rd or 4th round pick in 2011. With the acquisition of McNabb, the Redskins are now expected to concentrate on finding a LT witht the 4th pick at this month's draft.


In my opinion, this absolutely destroys any chance the Lions had of another team trading ahead of the Redskins to get Clausen. Now they will target KC for the trade, and work their way up slowly. Detroit will have to hope that some team will target either Suh, McCoy or Okung as being worth the second pick, and what it will take to move up and get their man.


I can not believe that the Eagles traded McNabb to a division rival. WTF? Any chance that the Eagles want to trade with the Lions and take Berry? After all they were one of the teams that scheduled a meeting with him which I thought was interesting. Actually I could see the Eagles trading with Cleveland or KC and using that high #2 they just got from Washington to move up and to get Berry. They have basically depleted their secondary. Damn this is just terrible news IMO.

_________________
Lions Fan since King Kong was a Spider Monkey!


April 4th, 2010, 9:31 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3125
Location: Maryland
Post 
The Skins will not be moving up from #4. They have no second round pick their third was used in the supplemental draft and their 6th was traded. So they have a first and then picks in rounds 4, 5 and 7.

It's crazy that Philly kept McNabb in the division. I guess they think Kolb can beat Donovan 2 times a year. I'm still kinda in shock.


April 4th, 2010, 9:53 pm
Profile
Red Shirt Freshman

Joined: February 28th, 2007, 10:37 pm
Posts: 505
Location: Corona, CA
Post 
I don't think anyone thought Eagles would trade Mcnabb within the division. The skins wont be moving up due to what inheritedLF said. This does make the Lions trading down a little more difficult.

I can still see them trading down and I believe that is what they want to do. I am not stating that the following teams will draft a QB, but they all need a better QB,

5. Kansas City (4-12)
6. Seattle (5-11)
7. Cleveland (5-11)
8. Oakland (5-11)
9. Buffalo (6-10)
10. Jacksonville (7-9)

As I said, they all need a better QB but I don't think they are all looking for a QB this draft. But having teams that pick 5-10 in need of a QB could still have a team wanting to draft a QB not take a risk of losing their guy. I still think the Lions will get some offers at trading down at #2, but I think the trade does hurt their ability to leverage teams against each other.

*Edit* I know Seattle just traded for Whitehurst and gave him starter money so that may throw Seattle out of the running for a QB, but as I said all of these teams need better QB's but I don't think all are looking. However, I think there is a possibility, no matter how small, that any of these teams could choose a QB.


April 4th, 2010, 10:18 pm
Profile
Walk On

Joined: May 20th, 2009, 5:40 pm
Posts: 444
Post 
Lionfanatic wrote:
I don't think anyone thought Eagles would trade Mcnabb within the division. The skins wont be moving up due to what inheritedLF said. This does make the Lions trading down a little more difficult.

I can still see them trading down and I believe that is what they want to do. I am not stating that the following teams will draft a QB, but they all need a better QB,

5. Kansas City (4-12)
6. Seattle (5-11)
7. Cleveland (5-11)
8. Oakland (5-11)
9. Buffalo (6-10)
10. Jacksonville (7-9)

As I said, they all need a better QB but I don't think they are all looking for a QB this draft. But having teams that pick 5-10 in need of a QB could still have a team wanting to draft a QB not take a risk of losing their guy. I still think the Lions will get some offers at trading down at #2, but I think the trade does hurt their ability to leverage teams against each other.

*Edit* I know Seattle just traded for Whitehurst and gave him starter money so that may throw Seattle out of the running for a QB, but as I said all of these teams need better QB's but I don't think all are looking. However, I think there is a possibility, no matter how small, that any of these teams could choose a QB.


The trick is everyone but Cleveland now has the option to let a QB fall to them or wait till next year.


April 4th, 2010, 11:12 pm
Profile
Online
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2716
Post 
This is where all the Okung talk comes into play. A QB might be out of the question for trading up due to this trade, but Washington needs Okung now to protect him. So we still have a chance to move down with someone who feels that they need Okung or that someone will will move up with Tampa to get him. Don't count out the trade down just yet.


April 5th, 2010, 7:37 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9775
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
Lionfanatic wrote:
I don't think anyone thought Eagles would trade Mcnabb within the division. The skins wont be moving up due to what inheritedLF said. This does make the Lions trading down a little more difficult.

I can still see them trading down and I believe that is what they want to do. I am not stating that the following teams will draft a QB, but they all need a better QB,

5. Kansas City (4-12)
6. Seattle (5-11)
7. Cleveland (5-11)
8. Oakland (5-11)
9. Buffalo (6-10)
10. Jacksonville (7-9)

As I said, they all need a better QB but I don't think they are all looking for a QB this draft. But having teams that pick 5-10 in need of a QB could still have a team wanting to draft a QB not take a risk of losing their guy. I still think the Lions will get some offers at trading down at #2, but I think the trade does hurt their ability to leverage teams against each other.

*Edit* I know Seattle just traded for Whitehurst and gave him starter money so that may throw Seattle out of the running for a QB, but as I said all of these teams need better QB's but I don't think all are looking. However, I think there is a possibility, no matter how small, that any of these teams could choose a QB.


I think you can pretty much delete KC, Seattle and Jacksonville from that list. KC won't give up on Cassell, pretty much because Pioli isn't ready to admit he was wrong (IF he was wrong). Seattle has Whitehurst, and Jacksonville won't take a QB whose last name isn't Tebow.

Of the three left, I truly don't think Cleveland will move up, because they are now in a position to let Clausen fall to them. They could move up if they get nervous, but I really don't think Holmgren plans on making that move. Of the ones left, I think Buffalo is the one to move up, and I have a feeling they'll make a deal with KC, giving up their third rounder, to get Clausen with the fifth pick.


April 5th, 2010, 10:02 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: McNabb traded-per GBN Report
McNabb to meet Eagles week 4.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-spo ... 0039.story

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 20th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: McNabb traded-per GBN Report
Could we see TO reunite with McNab? Rumors are that he's lobbying for TO to Redskins.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 20th, 2010, 9:13 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: October 13th, 2005, 9:03 am
Posts: 2268
Post Re: McNabb traded-per GBN Report
Shanny isn't to hip to that move at this time.


April 20th, 2010, 9:15 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.