View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 1:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins 
Baton Girl

Post Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins
2 2nd round picks, one this year and one next--To me seems kinda high for a cancer in your lockerroom, but he is pretty awesome i guess

April 14th, 2010, 8:39 am
RIP Killer

could have gotten Holmes for a measily 5th if you wanted a jackass in your lockerroom.

either way, should really, really improve the phins offense.

April 14th, 2010, 8:46 am
NFL Team Captain

Could this be the reason behind rumors of the Dolphins wanting to trade Ted Ginn Jr.?

April 14th, 2010, 9:17 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I'm surprised they gave up what they did to get Marshall. Anquan Boldin was traded for what essentially is a third and Santonio Holmes for a fifth. But 2 second rounders?

They're going to have to sign him to, according to league sources, is going to be one of the most lucrative contracts ever given to a WR. We better hope its not ridiculous because Calvin will be wanting something similar if not greater then this. Something to watch for.

April 14th, 2010, 10:35 am
Heisman Winner

Boldin was their best bet but I guess they fumbled it by waiting too long. I don't understand why Santonio went for just a 5th and Marshall goes for 2 seconds. Sure Homes is suspended for 5 games, but my guess is Marshall, with his attitude, will be suspended atleast for 2 by the time its all said and done

April 14th, 2010, 10:48 am
RIP Killer

Yeah, Miami got taken for a ride.

Boldin was their best bet but I guess they fumbled it by waiting too long. I don't understand why Santonio went for just a 5th and Marshall goes for 2 seconds. Sure Homes is suspended for 5 games, but my guess is Marshall, with his attitude, will be suspended atleast for 2 by the time its all said and done

I'm sorry, but comparing Holmes to Marshall is like comparing Bryant Johnson to Calvin Johnson. Holmes is good, but he's nothing like Brandon Marshall in regards to overall production and ability to make the big plays out of nothing.

I dislike both of them, but if I have to choose between the two, I'd prefer to have Marshall on my team. Now, as per comparative costs in draft picks, it was pretty much lopsided in favor of the Jets. However, I have to feel that Miami has already discussed contract details with Marshall and have a rough agreement in place prior to his signing his tender offer.

April 14th, 2010, 1:41 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I'm surprised they gave up what they did to get Marshall. Anquan Boldin was traded for what essentially is a third and Santonio Holmes for a fifth. But 2 second rounders?

They're going to have to sign him to, according to league sources, is going to be one of the most lucrative contracts ever given to a WR. We better hope its not ridiculous because Calvin will be wanting something similar if not greater then this. Something to watch for.

4 years 47 mil is what ESPN was saying on my lunch break

EDIT: confirmed here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Last edited by regularjoe12 on April 14th, 2010, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm
NFL Team Captain

Actually I think Miami made a good move. Marshall is by far they best reciever they have had since Paul Warfield.

Their looking to make Henne a top rate QB. Just like Stafford and CJ. Before you guys try to crucifie me, I am not comparing the abilities of the two, just the situation.

The Phins are willing to trade Ronnie Brown and Ted Ginn Jr. With what they could get in terms of picks will more than make up for the picks the used to get Marshall. I don't know what they are asking for these guys, but I'm sure it won't be a kings ransom. They are looking for decent picks to fill some holes.

Miami may be a force to be recond with this year.

The big Tuna is working his magic!

Should we look into Brown or Ginn? I don't know.

Thoughts?

Marhall has acted like a butthole, but he was in a no win situation in Denver. Again a change in scenery :cheers:

April 14th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Don't forget who's in charge down in Miami...Bill Parcells. I can't see Brandon Marshall acting like a Richard in practice if he knows the Tuna is there.

4 years and 47 million? So Calvin will be in line for $50+ million when he's due for a new contract... yikes.

April 14th, 2010, 4:07 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Don't forget who's in charge down in Miami...Bill Parcells. I can't see Brandon Marshall acting like a Richard in practice if he knows the Tuna is there.

4 years and 47 million? So Calvin will be in line for $50+ million when he's due for a new contract... yikes.

I think Calvin has to have at least 1 year catching over 100 balls before he can ask that....from any team.

April 14th, 2010, 4:09 pm
QB Coach

Big winner in the Marshall trade is the Lions...further evidence that the Cowboys gave up WAY too much for Roy Williams

April 14th, 2010, 4:12 pm

You may be right, but don't you think that some team would make a big time offer because they would actually know how to use him? If he were on a good team I'm sure he'd catch 100 balls in a season. The problem is he's on a bad team that doesn't move the ball and he's the only real threat. The Lions are going to have to overpay in order to keep him in town, unless they start winning soon. Say a mid level team that thinks they are 1 playmaker away from contending for championships makes him a good offer. You don't think he's going to take it?

April 14th, 2010, 4:56 pm
Heisman Winner

DayDreamer wrote:
Yeah, Miami got taken for a ride.

I'm sorry, but comparing Holmes to Marshall is like comparing Bryant Johnson to Calvin Johnson. Holmes is good, but he's nothing like Brandon Marshall in regards to overall production and ability to make the big plays out of nothing.

I dislike both of them, but if I have to choose between the two, I'd prefer to have Marshall on my team. Now, as per comparative costs in draft picks, it was pretty much lopsided in favor of the Jets. However, I have to feel that Miami has already discussed contract details with Marshall and have a rough agreement in place prior to his signing his tender offer.

Ah come on, Holmes was a superbowl MVP and he's a very good punt returner too. Sure, I'll admit Marshall is the better talented of the two, but not by much. The numbers don't really do justice to Holmes because of Hines Ward and Miller, and not to mention their strong running game, until last year that is. Denver's got almost no running game until this past season and Cutler likes to rack up yards with his only weapon. (back when he was in Denver)

April 14th, 2010, 5:14 pm
NFL Team Captain

You may be right, but don't you think that some team would make a big time offer because they would actually know how to use him? If he were on a good team I'm sure he'd catch 100 balls in a season. The problem is he's on a bad team that doesn't move the ball and he's the only real threat. The Lions are going to have to overpay in order to keep him in town, unless they start winning soon. Say a mid level team that thinks they are 1 playmaker away from contending for championships makes him a good offer. You don't think he's going to take it?

I think your right. These guys have shelf lives and there is only so much time they get to play. What 10 - 12 maybe 15 years. They are looking for 2 things and that is Superbowl and a Payday (not necessarily in that order). Unless we can put a team together that gives CJ some hope for a ring, he is going to look at his options and he'll probably do that anyways. He seems like a stand up guy, so I'd say he would give Detroit some consideration if we threw some cash at him, but I could see Calvin considering a contender first. There are 32 teams out there that would love to have a guy of his talent on their team. Our only hope to keep him is to start winning and putting some pieces in place, or throw a boat load of money at him (actually we'll have to do that too) and then it defeats the purpose IMO. We end up saddle bagging the team trying to keep our stud WR. It's a damn vicious cycle.

April 14th, 2010, 5:31 pm
RIP Killer

Ah come on, Holmes was a superbowl MVP and he's a very good punt returner too. Sure, I'll admit Marshall is the better talented of the two, but not by much. The numbers don't really do justice to Holmes because of Hines Ward and Miller, and not to mention their strong running game, until last year that is. Denver's got almost no running game until this past season and Cutler likes to rack up yards with his only weapon. (back when he was in Denver)

I'll admit there is much more of a gap between Bryant and Calvin than there is between Holmes and Marshall. However, he got to be a SB MVP because of one catch. And that's just one game....sorry, but a receiver who catches over 100 balls, for over 1000 yards, three years in a row on a team where EVERYONE knows that's who their going to? I think it makes the case for Marshall's abilities over those of Holmes in Pittsburgh, where it other weapons may have taken some balls away from him, but it also took coverage away from him as well.

April 14th, 2010, 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next