View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 1:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins 
Player of the Year - Defense

Holmes also might have been the clutch reciever in the one play in the Superbowl, but Wallace outshined him in big plays, let alone Ward and Miller there to draw attention.

His 4 game suspension dropped his asking price to the 5th. Marshall is a great receiver, but Henne doesn't have the arm to get it to him consistently. Miami is in rebuilding mode and trying to get picks for Ginn and Brown.

April 14th, 2010, 11:01 pm
RIP Killer

Holmes is no way Marshal in ability, but he is NO slouch. I still would not use Holmes as a #1, but as a #1b. He is not a full #1 ability that you need, but he will be solid and reliable... if he gets to play ;)

That being said... we should see if we can swing Ginn for some slouch on team. I think he just needs a new place and a different team. I don't think he'll be anything more than a #2 ever, but I think next to CJ things will open up. If Miami doesn't realize that and they just want to part ways, I think it would be worth some guy we don't value or a 7th.

April 15th, 2010, 6:50 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I have to imagine Ginn will still warrant at least a 4th rounder or at worst a 5th rounder because of his ability as a returner. I think the big problem is that Miami was way out over their skis when they drafted Ginn. He's not a #1 guy and is at best an okay #3 guy that can step in as a #2 in a pinch. I think he'd be a good addition to the Lions roster as a returner, speed guy to stretch the field (even if just as a decoy) and a guy they could use to incorporate some bubble screens.

April 15th, 2010, 8:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I have to imagine Ginn will still warrant at least a 4th rounder or at worst a 5th rounder because of his ability as a returner. I think the big problem is that Miami was way out over their skis when they drafted Ginn. He's not a #1 guy and is at best an okay #3 guy that can step in as a #2 in a pinch. I think he'd be a good addition to the Lions roster as a returner, speed guy to stretch the field (even if just as a decoy) and a guy they could use to incorporate some bubble screens.

Agreed. On the trade value of Ginn and the Play Value.

I Could see trading Avril for him. He will be best as a 3-4 OLB anyways and I would give them near approximate trade value. They have both proven about the same amount so far, but need a better situation to potentially break through.

And Ginn as our #3/KR. Oh Yeah.

April 15th, 2010, 8:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
sweetd20 wrote:

I Could see trading Avril for him. He will be best as a 3-4 OLB anyways and I would give them near approximate trade value. They have both proven about the same amount so far, but need a better situation to potentially break through.

Part of the problem with trading for Ginn is his past draft slot (10th or something like that), and his big rookie contract. I don't know what he has left coming to him, but I'm sure he's slated to make some pretty good money on the back 1/2 of that deal.

April 16th, 2010, 1:33 pm
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

Part of the problem with trading for Ginn is his past draft slot (10th or something like that), and his big rookie contract. I don't know what he has left coming to him, but I'm sure he's slated to make some pretty good money on the back 1/2 of that deal.

Typically on a rookie contract the most money is put into the signing bonus, which Miami would be on the hook for. The salaries aren't always huge, unless you are talking about a QB.

That said, you have a very good point. If Miami structured the deal such that he has roster/workout/incentive bonus' coming up that would pay him a bunch, or his backend salaries are inflated, I would either negotiate a restructure or would want something else in return, like a pick.

I know that there were rumors that Miami was interested in Avril at one time. We are thin at DE, but I'd consider trading him.

April 16th, 2010, 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2