View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Billick is pretty funny 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Billick is pretty funny
Watch:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

April 21st, 2010, 3:27 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post Re: Billick is pretty funny
I'm tired of the "Receiver to Detroit" cracks. That was Matt Millen, not Martin Mayhew. This is the kind of garbage that we have to deal with as fans. We won't be able to live that down for a while until Mayhew can prove he's not a cockjag and won't draft like his predecessor.

April 21st, 2010, 6:34 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Wayne Fontes wrote:
I'm tired of the "Receiver to Detroit" cracks. That was Moron of the Millennium, not Martin Mayhew. This is the kind of garbage that we have to deal with as fans. We won't be able to live that down for a while until Mayhew can prove he's not a cockjag and won't draft like his predecessor.

It'll go on longer than that, until the Lions are winning team again more than likely. Even then anytime over the next 5-10 years that a a first round receiver is a consideration it'll be brought up. Its going to take a long time to get over a decade of humiliation.

April 21st, 2010, 10:15 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I actually thought his Raiders blurb "Why take someone at 39 when you can take them at 8" was a lot funnier than the receiver quip.

April 21st, 2010, 10:49 pm
Site Admin

Let's face it, the Lions have earned the right to be made fun of. Respect has to the earned. If it were another team, I would think it was funny...not that funny but as far as draft day humor it's funny like Mel Kipers hair helmut, Minnesota missing their pick, Chicago's running backs, and Sebastian at what 16.

April 22nd, 2010, 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

I guess the Raiders are our saving grace since they have had some pretty big head scratchers throughout the years. They are definitely going to be the most intriguing team to watch tonight. We will always see the Jets and their fans berating the team for taking players like Blair Thomas or Kyle Brady, and those clips gets played every year. I feel like the Lions are going to be in that rotation of "humiliating draft moments" at some point.

April 22nd, 2010, 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]