View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 11:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Viqueens Draft 
RIP Killer

Post Viqueens Draft
What a cleanup so far...They addressed need and got excellent value. Griffin was amazing value. Could be the steal of the draft. Cook is perfect for their defense and the trade to move back and get him let them nab a steal in Griffin. I think Gerhart is amazing - ideal fit for Minny.

Chris Cook
Toby Gerhart
Everson Griffin

April 24th, 2010, 10:25 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Viqueens Draft
Cook was drafted over a round early with about 6 better CBs sitting inf ront of him. I was glad when they reached for him.

The other 2 picks were solid.

April 24th, 2010, 5:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

I disagree on Cook. I thought he was a good pick. Not the best value, but still a good pick for the queens. He was the best CB for their defensive style.

April 24th, 2010, 5:35 pm
NFL Team Captain

I just about threw up when I saw Minny pick Everson Griffen with our pick.

Before the draft I kept thinking how great it would be to get a solid DE in the 4th and I nearly shat myself when Griffen fell.

April 25th, 2010, 1:53 pm
RIP Killer

The knock on Griffen is that he has potential to be great, given his size, speed and athletic ability. But he takes plays off, is inconsistent in his read and react ability, and doesn't have a great arsenal of moves. He's definitely a boom/bust type pick.

The Chris Cook pick was a mystery to me. I vividly recall people saying how BAD he looked at the Virginia pro day. He was out of shape, had poor footwork and didn't display great speed. His poor footwork and stiff hips were why most scouts were saying he was a candidate for moving to safety. The Vikings could use some safety help, but they NEEDED to land a quality CB. Cook isn't that guy.

The Gerhart pick was a good one for them. I think he'll flourish as a change of pace back for them.

April 26th, 2010, 11:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]