View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Millen fails again 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Millen fails again
I do not know who saw this but Millen put his foot in his mouth during the draft. He was not intentionally degrading people of Polish decent but he should know better, especially considering the great tragedy that has recently occurred in Poland. It brought me great pleasure however to have to apologize live.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11484-Boston- ... -NFL-Draft

April 25th, 2010, 2:14 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Millen fails again
I didn't see it since I was watching the NFL Network coverage instead, but Millen proves yet again what a douche he is. Also, ESPN really had some balls to put one of the worst drafters of all time on TV during the draft. What the hell were they thinking? As if anybody would take his analysis seriously......

April 25th, 2010, 12:27 pm
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
I didn't see it since I was watching the NFL Network coverage instead, but Millen proves yet again what a douche he is. Also, ESPN really had some balls to put one of the worst drafters of all time on TV during the draft. What the hell were they thinking? As if anybody would take his analysis seriously......

He's got a job with NFL Network too.

April 25th, 2010, 1:10 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

slybri19 wrote:

He was actually out for the Penn State spring games and they just went to him for a minute. It only took him a minute to make his idiotic comment however. I have seen multiple different people of Polish decent say its not a big deal ,but I feel otherwise. He talks on TV for a living and should really know better regardless if he meant anything by it.

April 25th, 2010, 9:31 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Millen is an idiot!!
TruckinMack / From a Jungle Thread wrote:
Quote:
M i l l e n apologizes for calling Jaws a "Polack"

Even though Matt M i l l e n is no longer is in position to screw up a war room on draft day, he still has found a way to do something stupid during the league annual selection meeting.

Earlier today, M i l l e n called ESPN colleague Ron Jaworski a "Polack" while on the air.

As a fellow Polock and not a puss wad, I could care less if some calls me a dumb Polock, my mom did it all the time. I suspect Jaws could give a sh*t as well. I guess any other discussion on this topic can go to off topic. (I'll meet you there.)

I suspect that most Polish people (or any ethnic group) feels the same way you do.

But I think the real issue is that when you're in the public eye as Millen is you just don't go there. He should just stick to the sports / draft evaluation comments (where he'll undoubtedly say something stupid too) and stay away from anything that could end up being a controversy.

April 26th, 2010, 5:15 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Stallion wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

He was actually out for the Penn State spring games and they just went to him for a minute. It only took him a minute to make his idiotic comment however. I have seen multiple different people of Polish decent say its not a big deal ,but I feel otherwise. He talks on TV for a living and should really know better regardless if he meant anything by it.

I don't blame Millen. I truly don't. He's an idiot, we all know it, and he can't help it. He should know better....but the truth is he doesn't. He's a derelict, and there's no fixing that. In the immortal words of comedian Ron White, "you can't fix stupid".

That said, I blame the fools who have given this idiot a job on TV. They know his history, they know he's an incompetent human being, yet they still parade him onto the tube in front of us. The people at ESPN, NFL Network and in the NFL front offices should be taken to task over this. Get him off the TV, and let him wallow in self misery, or whatever he does in Pennsylvania. Let his loud-mouthed wife deal with him and his mustache 24/7.

April 26th, 2010, 8:57 am
Site Admin

LMAO...I love how his mustache has a part to play in the equation...too funny :wink:

April 26th, 2010, 8:59 am
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

and to think, we're still paying this guy!

April 26th, 2010, 9:43 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Matt Millen Apologizes To The Polacks
Matt Millen Apologizes To The Polacks!!

This is a must see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWV9HFNN ... r_embedded

new_rofl.gif

April 26th, 2010, 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

I love the bit at the end. That was great.

April 26th, 2010, 5:52 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Now that A-Hole just needs to apologize to all of us for everything he did in the last 10 years.

April 26th, 2010, 8:55 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

C02, Millen's job with the NFL Network only involves announcing their Thursday night games. He doesn't do any commentary or analysis from the studio. That's a big difference from the role he has with ESPN. I don't like seeing him on my TV period, but having him discuss the draft is taking it a bit too far IMO.

April 27th, 2010, 11:00 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Good to see Matt Millen apologize...
Detroit Free Press wrote:
Good to see Matt Millen apologize for something
BY DAN DIXON /
PUEBLO, COLORADO

I missed the explosion, but enjoyed watching the dust try to settle afterward.

Early during ESPN's NFL draft coverage on April 24, former Lions president Matt Millen appeared in a rather odd setting. Seated alone in what seemed to be a small room, Millen half-mumbled through a statement apologizing for inappropriate comments that he made concerning fellow commentator Ron Jaworski's ethnicity. He apologized to Jaworski, Polish people everywhere and, apparently, anyone and everyone who was tuned in and heard the comment.

I have to say, it was nice to see Millen squirm like a night crawler on a hook. There is no chance he can ever apologize enough for helping ruin the Lions and so it is a pleasure, even if in a small degree, to see him get a little bit of that which he deserves.

Millen has made comments, on occasion, about how sorry he is about his poor performance in Detroit. Fine. If he really meant it, would he then accept an assignment covering a football game anywhere in the state of Michigan? Or, for that matter, any game involving any Michigan team?

In a perfect world, his stupidity would result in his exit from ESPN. As the world is decidedly imperfect, let's at least hope that he stays off our TV screens in Michigan.

I doubt that ESPN really knows (or cares) how much Millen is disliked by Lions fans. But I suspect a lot of people agree with this guy.

April 30th, 2010, 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

This guy is the biggest Jackass on the planet. I still get pissed when I see him on ESPN. It is so far beyond me that they would put him on coverage of the draft, the very event that he, for 8 years, pulled his pants down and took the worlds largest dump in the bed. I can't even fathom how anybody with even an iota of a brain cell would think that this rectum hole has any credibility left. It is astonishing! I DON'T GET IT! ](*,)

April 30th, 2010, 3:16 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Wayne Fontes wrote:
This guy is the biggest Jackass on the planet. I still get pissed when I see him on ESPN. It is so far beyond me that they would put him on coverage of the draft, the very event that he, for 8 years, pulled his pants down and took the worlds largest dump in the bed. I can't even fathom how anybody with even an iota of a brain cell would think that this rectum hole has any credibility left. It is astonishing! I DON'T GET IT! ](*,)

Totally Agree. WE have more credibility in analyzing the draft. He of all people should not be allowed to talk about the draft due to how crappy he was at it. His 2005 draft alone should be reason enough to make someone just want to hit him for talking about how a certain player is going to be in his professional career or how good or bad of a choice that player was. Shut up, Millen. YOU don't know.

May 4th, 2010, 12:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next