View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2014, 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Jason Cambell to Raiders for 2012 4th Round Draft Pick 
RIP Killer

Post Jason Cambell to Raiders for 2012 4th Round Draft Pick
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakl ... ell-042410

April 26th, 2010, 11:40 am
QB Coach

Post Re: Jason Cambell to Raiders for 2012 4th Round Draft Pick
Steal for the Raiders. A solid starting QB for a mid round pick two years down the road. Campbell isn't a star but hes better than what they have.

April 26th, 2010, 3:37 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I think that even Harrington may be better than what they have now. . .

April 26th, 2010, 8:57 pm
RIP Killer

No one gives credit to Bruce, but before he got injured he was giving a SOLID performance. Nothing fancy or special, but he got the job done. Still a great value and maybe enough ammo to even give Russell up for a later round draft pick and part ways.

April 27th, 2010, 10:10 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

PFT wrote:
Tom Cable says Jason Campbell shouldn't assume he'll start
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2010 11:37 AM ET
Jason Campbell proclaimed himself the starting quarterback in Oakland shortly after the Redskins traded him to the Raiders. But his coach says it's not quite so clear cut.

Raiders head coach Tom Cable says that when he, owner Al Davis and Campbell had a conference call, the subject of who would start never even came up. And Cable says there will be a competition among Campbell, JaMarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, Charlie Frye and Kyle Boller.

"What it comes down to is that we've got five quarterbacks now and we're going to have a great competition," Cable said. "There will be some decisions to be made here in the next month or so."

Many league observers believe one of those decisions in the next month or so will be the release of Russell. But Cable says it's still possible that Russell could not only stay on the team but earn the starting job.

"Sure there is," Cable answered when asked if there's a chance Russell will start for the Raiders in 2010, "if he competes for the job and he's doing all those things that your starting quarterback is supposed to do. If he's the best guy, then, yeah."

With the Raiders, anything is possible. But the smart money is on Campbell starting, Russell getting cut, and Gradkowski, Frye and Boller competing for the other two quarterback jobs.

I also saw a report that Russell was close to 300 lbs. If that's the case, he needs to be cut, so Campbell and Gradkowski can battle it out for the starting job.

April 27th, 2010, 10:52 am
RIP Killer

Dude, if he is 300 lbs he needs to go or switch him to DT...

April 27th, 2010, 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]